ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 39
« First < 263233343536 373839 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM 09-23-2024
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:24 PM Yesterday
Interesting for all the "Bills are fun" stuff, they only have 5 more explosive plays so far this season.... Bills have 163 plays on the season to the Chiefs' 181. So, at 181 plays, the Bills would have 16 explosive plays and the Chiefs 10, so two more per game.

In other words, the Chiefs have 3.25 explosive plays per game, Bills are at 5.

If those two plays are 12 yard runs... meh. If they're 40 yard passes, yeah that kind of sucks.

The Lions are right at 10.0%... 21 out of 212. At 212 plays, the Chiefs would be at 11.5, so -3 explosive plays/game.

If you don't average out number of plays, the Lions and above are closer to +4, obviously pretty significant, especially for 20+ yard passing plays.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:24 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
It's a problem, but its not a quick fix or a thing that you can point to just 1 thing as the problem. Its a host of things.

Can't keep pulling the Nagy scapegoat every time Mahomes struggles.
It's not just Nagy but if you can't see lots of Nagy's Bears plays being run the last two games I don't know what to tell you.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:25 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Interesting for all the "Bills are fun" stuff, they only have 5 more explosive plays so far this season.... Bills have 163 plays on the season to the Chiefs' 181. So, at 181 plays, the Bills would have 16 explosive plays and the Chiefs 10, so two more per game.

In other words, the Chiefs have 3.25 explosive plays per game, Bills are at 5.

If those two plays are 12 yard runs... meh. If they're 40 yard passes, yeah that kind of sucks.

The Lions are right at 10.0%... 21 out of 212. At 212 plays, the Chiefs would be at 11.5, so -3 explosive plays/game.

If you don't average out number of plays, the Lions and above are closer to +4, obviously pretty significant, especially for 20+ yard passing plays.

The Bills are supposed to be a dink and dunk, run the ball offense.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:27 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It's not just Nagy but if you can't see lots of Nagy's Bears plays being run the last two games I don't know what to tell you.
I mean it might be true.

But let's say we fire Nagy today. Maybe its addition by subtraction, we don't know for sure. But that doesn't fix the LT problem. Or Mahomes mechanics. Or Kelce being 35. Or Worthy having to get up to speed quicker than we expected because Brown is out almost the whole season.

We can hate Nagy and maybe he's part of it, but his contribution is a way lower percentage compared to those other issues.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:28 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Remember when Mahomes used to throw with anticipation and looked confident and would walk around with a killer look in his eye and was a machine at pulling magic out of his ass on third and forever?

Pepperidge farms remembers.

And yes I fully expect him to win when it matters, but man do I miss seeing that version of Patrick and not this timid checkdown artist he’s become.

We’re winning, but it’s pretty obvious from his body language and his comments in pressers that he isn’t having much fun. Gotta find the fun again somehow.
He mentioned that in the offseason and I thought it was taking place in week 1... he seemed plenty confident, they had those couple plays to Worthy, things were clicking.

Your post reminded me of when him and Kelce flipped the switch down 14-0 to Vegas last season, including that beautiful pass right over the defender.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:31 PM Yesterday
I mean it might be true.

But let's say we fire Nagy today. Maybe its addition by subtraction, we don't know for sure. But that doesn't fix the LT problem. Or Mahomes mechanics. Or Kelce being 35. Or Worthy having to get up to speed quicker than we expected because Brown is out almost the whole season.

We can hate Nagy and maybe he's part of it, but his contribution is a way lower percentage compared to those other issues.
I wat Reid to stop delegating to Nagy. He doesn't have a future as an OC, stop wasting time.

Get offensive line figured out and start using the weapons we do have to punish people past 10 yards if they are in shell.

Go with that and if that's still mediocre then Veach needs to make a move because this is not the offense we should be running.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:33 PM Yesterday
He mentioned that in the offseason and I thought it was taking place in week 1... he seemed plenty confident, they had those couple plays to Worthy, things were clicking.

Your post reminded me of when him and Kelce flipped the switch down 14-0 to Vegas last season, including that beautiful pass right over the defender.
It comes in flashes.

The last game that felt like I was watching vintage Mahomes start to finish was probably the home Chargers game last year.

Probably not a coincidence that that was Travis’ best game last year too.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:35 PM Yesterday
The Bills are supposed to be a dink and dunk, run the ball offense.
Is that one of those things that we declared on CP and then we are surprised when we aren't right?

And 'explosive plays' in the tweet said runs of 10+ yards, so the graph isn't just about airing it out (and hopefully "20 yard pass" doesn't mean a 5 yard pass and 15+ YAC).
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:41 PM Yesterday
Is that one of those things that we declared on CP and then we are surprised when we aren't right?

And 'explosive plays' in the tweet said runs of 10+ yards, so the graph isn't just about airing it out (and hopefully "20 yard pass" doesn't mean a 5 yard pass and 15+ YAC).

They have played 3 terrible pass defenses and were passing well after the Jaguars had surrendered.

Yes, they are fundamentally a Sean Payton offense which is designed to get the ball out fast.

The Ravens play a defense much better suited to flood and take away those windows.

Talk to me again next week about the Bills if they tear up the Ravens. So far I have seen nothing that changes my mind.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:43 PM Yesterday
I wat Reid to stop delegating to Nagy. He doesn't have a future as an OC, stop wasting time.

Get offensive line figured out and start using the weapons we do have to punish people past 10 yards if they are in shell.

Go with that and if that's still mediocre then Veach needs to make a move because this is not the offense we should be running.
You've said that a lot today but there's no evidence to suggest Andy is delegating playcalling to Nagy in the regular season outside of pure speculation.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:46 PM Yesterday
It's Andy's offense in the playoffs. There is a lot of reasons to believe he has been delegating more to Nagy the last two years during the regular season and the results speak for themselves.
Much like last year, the big plays are THERE. We're just not hitting them. At least this year it's not WR's dropping the ball. It's been Mahomes himself just not hitting it. I have complete faith he'll get himself right.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:46 PM Yesterday

Guarantee Andy is the one forming the offensive gameplan every week. Sure he probably has Nagy’s say, but Andy is the one approving those plays and finalizing it.

Idk if Nagy is calling the plays, but I guarantee if he is then the calls on his playsheet are what Andy put there.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:47 PM Yesterday
Nagy was definitely calling the plays against the Falcons. Don't know about any other game but it really stuck out because they kept showing him with the sheet calling.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:49 PM Yesterday
I mean it might be true.

I just wanted to point out that I wanted Mooney rather than Hollywood. I had concerns about Hollywood and his injury history. A lot of the board skewered me for that opinion.

Oh well.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:52 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I just wanted to point out that I wanted Mooney rather than Hollywood. I had concerns about Hollywood and his injury history. A lot of the board skewered me for that opinion.

Oh well.
Why would that be the reason you want Mooney over Hollywood? They're both pretty fragile.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 39
« First < 263233343536 373839 >
Up