ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 82
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:12 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
So devastated that he is attending a concert and pandering for online sympathy.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:15 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm wondering if they had a couple of back up controllers, just in case?
he (Rush) said they did
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:17 PM 06-21-2023
Live new coverage on YouTube if anyone's interested:

[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:21 PM 06-21-2023
"Love is like oxygen. You get too much you get too much...."
Sweet (the band) 1978
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:28 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
trivial factoid

apparatus can be pluralized by adding the ES at the end like you did:

She used 3 apparatuses on me last night.

Or apparently you can just use apparatus as the plural itself:

I returned the favor by using 2 huge apparatus on her.

But one thing you must simply NOT do is try to use the I ending to pluralize apparatus:

Now I am obsessed with buying many apparati on Wish and Temu.

Using the I to pluralize apparatus is simply not allowed.
I did not realize this, but I have a pretty good radar for when a word feels wrong. Apparati seems like a reasonable word, but it felt wrong to me. So I figured I would go with either apparatuses or apparotomi per the hippo example.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:47 PM 06-21-2023

“Patrick Mahomes is on that submarine”

Me: pic.twitter.com/5th6v933i7

— Jacob �� (@Pachecojukes) June 22, 2023

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:49 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:
From the video the only available restroom was one of the below which I'm guessing there isn't too much wiggle room for privacy.

If I'm stuck at the bottom of the ocean I'm making deliberate eye contact with everyone while cutting off a 12" turd while I beat up the wireless Nintendo controller. Can't imagine I'm happy with my investment strategy and long term goals at this point.

Yeah heard tonight there is no bathroom.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:03 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Bro WTF.

Quote:
“There are 10 submarines in the world that can go 12,000 ft and deeper,” Kohnen said. “All of them are certified except the Oceangate submersible

https://www.cnn.com/americas/live-ne...b78aafd31ff073
Well sheeish.

For a nice bottle of Rye, I could have found them a certificate for their tub.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:13 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah heard tonight there is no bathroom.
No bathroom? That's been the central part of their entire marketing pitch to date. "Come and see the Titanic on a sub with a toilet." There has to be a bathroom.

I remember them showing it as a trucker's jug, though, so maybe it's just for #1. I hope those guys can hold in the #2 stuff until they get rescued. Ventilation is not going to be built into that design.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:15 PM 06-21-2023

[Reply]
Pants 10:20 PM 06-21-2023
At least asphyxiation is a super peaceful way to die.

Getting crunched would be quick and painless too.

The thing someone posted about them bobbing and spinning on the surface in that shitty tube is giving me nightmares, however.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:33 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Live new coverage on YouTube if anyone's interested:

Been watching this guy for like 45 minutes now and there have been 15 instances of breaking news in which ships turn or slow down/speed up
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:37 PM 06-21-2023

[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:38 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Been watching this guy for like 45 minutes now and there have been 15 instances of breaking news in which ships turn or slow down/speed up
I stopped watching a while ago. Did turn back in a few mins ago to see if anything was happening and saw he was focusing on the ships' locations'. Before then he was interacting with the chat and reading various articles.

Also, apparently, OceanGate wasn't insured at all.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:58 PM 06-21-2023

It takes 8 hours to rise from the bottom of the ocean to the surface in this submarine.

They have 7 hours of oxygen left.

Rip. #submarino pic.twitter.com/XQjhveZ0W9

— KEEM �� (@KEEMSTAR) June 22, 2023

[Reply]
Page 35 of 82
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up