ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 36
« First < 253132333435 36 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:57 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Will never happen but capping off the three peat with the whole 2018 group getting back together might be enough to make me cry.

I don’t even know if I could continue watching football after experiencing that level of absolute cinema. No way it could ever be topped.
I wouldn't say it could never happen.

1) Andy made it clear that he'd much prefer a player who's familiar with the offense, because anyone else is far less likely to make an impact midseason

2) I think we all know that Tyreek regrets leaving KC and probably cries in his pillow every night. We also know that he has to be totally miserable being stuck on a team whose season is already over and is averaging 11 ppg (worst in the NFL).

3) A reunion and threepeat opportunity might even be enough to entice him to take a big pay cut.
[Reply]
kozzman555 12:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

1) Andy made it clear that he'd much prefer a player who's familiar with the offense, because anyone else is far less likely to make an impact midseason

2) I think we all know that Tyreek regrets leaving KC and probably cries in his pillow every night. We also know that he has to be totally miserable being stuck on a team whose season is already over and is averaging 11 ppg (worst in the NFL).

3) A reunion and threepeat opportunity might even be enough to entice him to take a big pay cut.
I'm sure he's wiping his tears away with stacks of $100 bills. He made it clear that money > trophies
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Will never happen but capping off the three peat with the whole 2018 group getting back together might be enough to make me cry.

I don’t even know if I could continue watching football after experiencing that level of absolute cinema. No way it could ever be topped.
Rice is doing his best to fill in for Watkins
[Reply]
Dadkc 12:44 AM Today
Am I the only one thinking our WR corp can handle this, we can use some expert help on that left side. More time = more success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dante84 12:58 AM Today
It won’t happen, but if it did, what number would he get? Pop surely doesn’t want to give up #10
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Rice is doing his best to fill in for Watkins
LOL, that's a backhanded compliment
[Reply]
DRM08 02:02 AM Today

Tyreek ain’t taking a paycut. The only way they get him back is with Veach playing the void year game like the Eagles, Saints, and other teams. But it can be done. Some of these other teams play those salary cap games as much as possible and don’t really seem to have major consequences. KC should go all in for the next 4 years.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 02:17 AM Today

I’ll never understand why fans continue to think a superbowl ring means more to these players than 5 million dollars. It’s like because Tom did it, and Mahomes is doing it, that all these other guys want to do it. No, skill position players are not the face of the NFL, the qbs are. When people talk about amount of Super Bowl wins it’s always the qbs compared to “how many do they have” or “well Aaron only ever won 1”… no one compares WRs or RBs in daily conversation when talking about Super Bowl wins.

Tyreek is going to take the $$ and while he obviously would have wanted to get paid what he’s getting paid and stay in KC, he took the $$ instead so again this wishful thinking that these guys are willing to take extreme cuts to get a ring is just absurd. Maybe a million, or if the contract is written up in some friendly way for the player sure, but this whole “massive cut” thing to win a superbowl is BS
[Reply]
TripleThreat 02:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dadkc:
Am I the only one thinking our WR corp can handle this, we can use some expert help on that left side. More time = more success

Rashee out just means we are going to change our scheme and kelce stock in fantasy football just went up 200% as did worthys. I don’t envision this locker room of skill players on the offensive side of the ball to be any worse than the year we won with JuJu. Now we have all those guys back and then some. We ain’t trading for anyone l.
[Reply]
fadeaway 02:39 AM Today
The meltdown is going to be epic when people are expecting Tyreek to return and we send a 7th to Buffalo for MVS
[Reply]
threebag 03:09 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dante84:
It won’t happen, but if it did, what number would he get? Pop surely doesn’t want to give up #10

[Reply]
-King- 03:10 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Why not? He should and be happy with the money Tyreek pays him for it.

But it's not going to happen but man if it did...
[Reply]
Rausch 04:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why not? He should and be happy with the money Tyreek pays him for it.

But it's not going to happen but man if it did...
Number 2.

As in "aw shit."

Miami is gonna' have to spend picks to get a QB. My guess is Hill is going somewhere. It just won't be here 'cause of the money.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:25 AM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Sorry, but it's probably worse.

We just lost a 1000+yd 7-10 TD WR, and the next best option is Justin Watson, who has never gone over 500 yds or 27 catches in a season. And we saw what happened when Andy tried to feed him more targets. Which, in case some are unaware, his catch rate dropped to 50%. And just for giggles, when we look at his numbers this season and project his season, we're looking at 250 yards and 4-5 TDs. Which is basically his average season his entire Chiefs career, excepting last season, when he managed to get to 460 yds.

Skyy Moore has been targeted twice in four games, for zero catches/zero yards.

Mecole Hardman is also 0/0 with 0 targets.

JuJu, with 2 catches in four games for 17 yds, is on pace for 17 catches and less than 200 yds, but possibly 4 TDs. Of course, he'll probably end up doing better than that, but how much better? It's been two years since his 933yd/3 TD campaign, and his knees haven't gotten any better, no? Maybe he finds a way to get half of those numbers, if his knee holds up for another 13 games.

Last season we fielded probably the worst WR room in the league. This year we have Worthy, who is definitely an upgrade over MVS, but he's a rookie, and isn't seeing more than 4 targets/game. And as a rookie, he doesn't know more than a small percentage of the playbook, doesn't know any of the situational packages like 2-minute/no huddle, etc. In short, he's about as green as it gets, in one of the most complicated, if not the most complicated offense in the league.

So, while the WR group might technically be 'better,' we're realistically looking at an incremental difference, at best. So, not the worst WR room in the NFL, but the 28th-29th-30th?

That's probably not going to cut it if Andy and Veach are serious about a threepeat. If they aren't serious about it, fine, run with what we have, save the draft capital/$$$ and let's see just what kind of amazing magic stuff Pat can pull out of his ass while dragging the 2nd/3rd/4th -worst WR room along for the ride.
It's not a metric of what we lost, nobody argued that.

It's about what is left.

We don't have a season's worth of trying to force the ball to Toney and Moore ahead.

We have legit deep threat who actually catches the ball, Juju is not explosive, but is a steady vet intermediate option and Kelce is still Kelce after all. Gray is a solid TE2.

I see no lost causes there other than the fact that Moore is still on the roster, albeit barely. That's better than being the #2WR option.
I don't think everyone understands just how historically bad they were last year. That's not hyperbole.

It's not as bad. It's not great- but nobody would be happy losing their top 2 WR's.

I'm not even saying we're good and shouldn't look to bolster the group.

I'm just saying it's not as bad as this point last year.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:36 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dadkc:

It’s Andy Reid and mahomes. Yes we will handle it behind our defense and running game. And asking mahomes to manage games for just a little while longer. Plus we are 4-0. You ask juju to play power slot, expand Xavier’s role sooner vs later, replace skyy with remigio, and you force the ball to kelce.

The problem is mahomes. I don’t see a path for him to become anything close to his old self for a while. We will be asking one of the best that ever was to not lose games for a while. And the longer we do this to him the harder it will be to shake him out of his bad habits. Because we all know that mahomes is not even remotely close to this bad
[Reply]
Page 35 of 36
« First < 253132333435 36 >
Up