ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 58
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyreek Hill arrested?
staylor26 08:54 AM 09-08-2024

TYREEK HILL ARRESTED BEFORE OPENING KICKOFF RIGHT OUTSIDE HARD ROCK STADIUM #nfl #nflopeningday #fantasyfootball #espn #miami #MiamiDolphins pic.twitter.com/9MtCikLMcS

— Nolan (@NolanFried73315) September 8, 2024

Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill was detained by police today entering the stadium for a driving violation, per his agent Drew Rosenhaus. But Rosenhaus said Hill will play today.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 8, 2024

[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:23 PM 09-10-2024
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
He likely committed an arrestable traffic offense by speeding through a construction zone. They have every right to pull him forcibly out of the vehicle and arrest him for reckless driving, misdemeanor obstruction, no seat belt, etc. I'd bet anything that the ONLY reason they didn't arrest him on the spot was because of his celebrity status.

I'm glad MPD is standing by their officers. Hill is a POS and I'm glad he's no longer a Chief.
:-)

So police can forcibly pull you from the vehicle and arrest you for speeding and not wearing your seat belt?

You do realize speeding in Florida is a non criminal traffic violation.

Holy shit. We have really jumped the shark as a critical thinking society.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:23 PM 09-10-2024
If he wasn't a celebrity he'd have been hauled off for the violations listed by the poster a bit back
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 12:27 PM 09-10-2024
Maybe it is just me but a problem is the tatted up Cuban cop. I don't really think he comprehends or appears capable of de-escalation and he projects a bit of "just try me asshole"
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:35 PM 09-10-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I can't recall the last time someone was rude to a waiter and the end result was being thrown on the ground, handcuffed, or shot

So part of the job description for being a LEO is a legal right to shoot someone being rude?

Yes, I think this explains a lot.
No, but they have a right to arrest or detain you if you are not following a lawful order.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:36 PM 09-10-2024
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:

So police can forcibly pull you from the vehicle and arrest you for speeding and not wearing your seat belt?

Correct, asking you to step out of the vehicle is a court upheld lawful order during a traffic stop. If you do not follow the orders they are most likely going to forcibly remove you.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:37 PM 09-10-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
No, but they have a right to arrest or detain you if you are not following a lawful order.
What lawful order did the give Tyreek that he didn't comply with?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:39 PM 09-10-2024
Correct, asking you to step out of the vehicle is a court upheld lawful order during a traffic stop. If you do not follow the orders they are most likely going to forcibly remove you.
Yes they will. Did the cops give Tyreek any time to comply with that order before forcibly removing him?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:39 PM 09-10-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
He's not driving a Lambo. His window was down. He handed the officer his ID when asked. They knew who he was before they even had his ID. His window came back down before the officer ripped him out of the vehicle. There is no law requiring people to be nice to police officers and they had no reasonable cause to detain or put him in cuffs.

None of the officers should be on the street and the tattooed officer should never wear a badge again. Take his pension too.
Come on, they had a reasonable cause to detain him when he wasn't being cooperative for a legal traffic stop and he wasn't getting out of the car on his own accord.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:40 PM 09-10-2024

Nah we've just jumped the shark in terms of what people who post on here think.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:41 PM 09-10-2024
Come on, they had a reasonable cause to detain him when he wasn't being cooperative for a legal traffic stop and he wasn't getting out of the car on his own accord.
That cop went from I'll have to ask you to get out of the car to get out of the car in .5 seconds.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:41 PM 09-10-2024
Yes they will. Did the cops give Tyreek any time to comply with that order before forcibly removing him?
Yes, and he continued to sit in the car on the phone. He can be as beligerant as he wanted to be, that's not against the law, but not following a lawful order and this would happen to anyone regardless of color, and we would have obstruction and other charges pending.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:42 PM 09-10-2024
By the way he called the Dolphins lead of security that's who Drew is...who was with the Miami police for 20 years.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:44 PM 09-10-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That cop went from I'll have to ask you to get out of the car to get out of the car in .5 seconds.
...after he shut the window multiple times on the officer. Look, it's quite simple, if you or I do that we have the same result. Roll down your window, tell the cop you don't answer questions and get your ticket. If they ask you to step out during a lawful stop, step out, don't sit in the car on the phone when they open your door. OR the alternative, roll down your window, tell the officer your sorry for speeding you were running late to the stadium, and he probably lets you off.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:45 PM 09-10-2024
As a totally random question, do the contracts of these guys contain clauses about not paying them if they get hurt because they're not wearing a seat belt? I've read about things like not participating in risky activities, and have never been sure if that's a real thing or just an urban legend.

Regardless, Tyreek should be wearing a seat belt. That's covered in Life 101.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:46 PM 09-10-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
As a totally random question, do the contracts of these guys contain clauses about not paying them if they get hurt because they're not wearing a seat belt? I've read about things like not participating in risky activities, and have never been sure if that's a real thing or just an urban legend.

Regardless, Tyreek should be wearing a seat belt. That's covered in Life 101.
I assume that's what the NFI list is for.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 58
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up