ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 36
« First < 243031323334 3536 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Today
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:31 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I was arguing about that with my buddy this morning.

"Man, we just don't prioritize the position..."

And for a time he wasn't wrong but damn fella, he did quite a bit this off-season and everything went tits up on him.

I still think he could (should) do a bit more to address the bad breaks along the way, but he's a lot to this point.
They have done everything you could reasonably hope for at the WR position since last season.

They drafted a guy in the first round, trading up to get him.

They signed a guy in FA who is a great fit for what the offense was missing - a WR who could win against man, short, intermediate, and deep, who also has a feel for working against zone and making sight adjustments.

And they even brought in Juju Smith-Schuster to bolster the depth, when it looked like a luxury pick.

And shit just went wrong. Brown and Rice get hurt in fluke injuries. Smith-Schuster gets hurt in less fluke fashion.

And instead of pulling a woe-is-us and sitting on their hands, they went out and did something to address it.

They have invested everything heavily at WR. It just hasn't gone according to plan.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:40 PM Today
Thinking of changing my moniker to “Turgid Tom.” Veach remains King. Long live the King!
[Reply]
PutQuinnIn 01:59 PM Today
elite pick-up
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:01 PM Today
2 areas where I think Dhop will provide instant success is

1. moving the chains. He will be a reliable pass catcher for us to extend drives
2. Red zone. Up til we got Hunt we sucked in the red zone now we have 3 playmakers who can score red zone TD's.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:07 PM Today
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They have done everything you could reasonably hope for at the WR position since last season.

They drafted a guy in the first round, trading up to get him.

They signed a guy in FA who is a great fit for what the offense was missing - a WR who could win against man, short, intermediate, and deep, who also has a feel for working against zone and making sight adjustments.

And they even brought in Juju Smith-Schuster to bolster the depth, when it looked like a luxury pick.

And shit just went wrong. Brown and Rice get hurt in fluke injuries. Smith-Schuster gets hurt in less fluke fashion.

And instead of pulling a woe-is-us and sitting on their hands, they went out and did something to address it.

They have invested everything heavily at WR. It just hasn't gone according to plan.
Folks just got a bit spoiled by the fact that with the OL rebuild, everything worked immediately.

That just isn't the way these things typically go.
[Reply]
xztop123 02:10 PM Today
Is this the nfls first 5th round pick trade being billed as “blockbuster”
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:11 PM Today
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
There goes the idea that Veach would never sign a receiver over 30, and truth be told he probably wouldn't under normal circumstances... but these aren't normal circumstances
Anytime I hear "Veach would never" or "Reid would never" I just tune out.

They have ideal types, sure. But there's just not a rock they won't kick over and sometimes that's gonna be a cheap WR over 30 that can help you right this very minute.

If someone says "Veach would never trade for Lamar Jackson" I might listen. Then again, Reid could probably make him into Christian McCaffrey pretty easily...
[Reply]
staylor26 02:12 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Anytime I hear "Veach would never" or "Reid would never" I just tune out.

They have ideal types, sure. But there's just not a rock they won't kick over and sometimes that's gonna be a cheap WR over 30 that can help you right this very minute.

If someone says "Veach would never trade for Lamar Jackson" I might listen. Then again, Reid could probably make him into Christian McCaffrey pretty easily...
"Veach/Andy would never draft a RB in the 1st"

"Veach would never draft a CB in the 1st"

"Veach/Andy would never go into the season without a veteran LT"

Just add it to the list...
[Reply]
xztop123 02:13 PM Today
Also how are their reports that were still going to make moves when we didn’t even have enough to affford Hopkins ?

Is our next trade partner gonna just cover the entire salary if the guy they send us?
[Reply]
TLO 02:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by xztop123:
Also how are their reports that were still going to make moves when we didn’t even have enough to affford Hopkins ?

Is our next trade partner gonna just cover the entire salary if the guy they send us?
Shut up bitch
[Reply]
xztop123 02:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by TLO:
Shut up bitch
We’re undefeated and people are still getting all excited for possible moves we can make lol.

The mental masurbation of fans never stops

It’s like a billionare getting excited about making more money
[Reply]
penguinz 02:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Good to get a warm body but I wouldn't have given a 4th round pick. Maybe for Tyler Boyd because he's younger, good at the line of scrimmage and hasn't had nine thousand knee injuries. But at least something was done because reid was about to start lining up backup special teams players in the slot.
Hopkins has missed very few games over his career. The pick is a meaningless pick.

Hopkins is a better value than Boyd and a better WR.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:23 PM Today
Potential playoff pass catchers:

D-Hop
Hollywood
Ju Ju
Worthy
Mecole
Kelce
Gray
Et al.

Add a potential Pacheco/Hunt backfield….

All this with PM II / Reid?

[Reply]
xztop123 02:23 PM Today
Hopkins is the 2nd or 3rd oldest wr in the nfl
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:23 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
"Veach/Andy would never draft a RB in the 1st"

"Veach would never draft a CB in the 1st"

"Veach/Andy would never go into the season without a veteran LT"

Just add it to the list...
"Andy doesn't use rookie WRs..."

My absolute favorite ever was still "Trent McDuffie is a bad pick because Spags likes big corners..."

In other words, "They didn't do what I thought they would do so they did the wrong thing..."

There are no absolutes with a good coaching staff and organization.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 36
« First < 243031323334 3536 >
Up