ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 48
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Child dies at Schlitterbahn in KCK
tk13 03:29 PM 08-07-2016
This is horrifying. Supposed to be a press conference soon with more details. Rumors seem to indicate it happened on the Verrukt, the world's tallest waterslide.

Boy, 12, killed in accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police say. https://t.co/Msn6QJO1ZS pic.twitter.com/gse0gZvIC6

— Alex Johnson (@MAlexJohnson) August 7, 2016

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:33 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Those lax regulations provide dozens jobs for ride operators.
At least they added a net to the ride to make body and head retrieval more accommodating for first responders.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:34 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Let's not DC this thread up guys.
thanks
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:44 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They built it in Kansas because of the lax regulations. Maybe if its going to kill your citizens, the government of Kansas should have more standard regulations.
"Bleeding Kansas" like amuggafuggah.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:50 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
At least they added a net to the ride to make body and head retrieval more accommodating for first responders.

:-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:09 PM 03-27-2018
Now John Schooley has been charged in an indictment.

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas Attorney General on Tuesday unsealed a new indictment on the Schlitterbahn case, this time charging Schlitterbahn co-owner Jeff Henry and Verruckt designer John Schooley with second degree murder.

Also charged is Henry & Sons Construction Company, a contractor controlled by Henry.

They also face charges of aggravated endangerment of a child and aggravated battery.

The indictment accuses the three of “unlawfully, feloniously and recklessly” killing 10-year-old Caleb Schwab, who died riding Verruckt in Kansas City, Kan., in 2016.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...207001119.html

[Reply]
DaFace 01:47 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Damn. This all makes more sense now (than when only the ops manager was indicted). I'm pretty floored that they're going for 2nd degree murder, though. That seems a bit out there.

Maybe they're hoping for plea deals and shooting for the moon.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:21 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I had a feeling that’s why Schlitterbaun was fighting the initial charges.

Everyone is so tied up in this that if one goes down, they all do.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:27 PM 03-27-2018
For what it's worth, here's what Kansas law says about 2nd degree murder:

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/kansas-...ee-murder.html

Originally Posted by :
Killing a human being either:
-Intentionally, or
-Unintentionally but recklessly under circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to the value of human life
It's still a stretch to me, but they're obviously going for the latter definition.
[Reply]
kstater 02:32 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
For what it's worth, here's what Kansas law says about 2nd degree murder:

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/kansas-...ee-murder.html

It's still a stretch to me, but they're obviously going for the latter definition.
Based on(admittedly one sided) the info we have, it's hard to see why they shouldn't be charged with 2nd degree, based on that definition. It wasn't a secret they were having issues with the tests before it opened. I remember it being talked about, and why the opening kept getting delayed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:51 PM 03-27-2018
How is the state not at fault as well? Do they not inspect these things? In IA, there are people who inspect every ride (and elevator) in the state.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:42 PM 03-27-2018
They built it in Kansas because of the lax regulations. Maybe if its going to kill your citizens, the government of Kansas should have more standard regulations.
this is just fact. They said the “regulation friendly” environment was a reason when they had the press conference to announce the project.

Let's not DC this thread up guys.
you don’t like or do like the cause and effect of being a “regulation friendly” environment, that doesn’t make it partisan. It is what it is.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:57 PM 03-27-2018
this is just fact. They said the “regulation friendly” environment was a reason when they had the press conference to announce the project.

you don’t like or do like the cause and effect of being a “regulation friendly” environment, that doesn’t make it partisan. It is what it is.
The topic was trending towards Trump removing many business regulations.....like I said keep that shit out of here.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:49 PM 03-27-2018
The topic was trending towards Trump removing many business regulations.....like I said keep that shit out of here.
l didn’t say a single thing about those subjects. So take your indigination crap to whoever said those things.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 06:53 PM 03-27-2018
l didn’t say a single thing about those subjects. So take your indigination crap to whoever said those things.
He didn't direct his statement at you personally, so quit being a douche.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:45 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
Because that's more important than safety..
Well if people think a slide could potentially decapitate one of their kids they have the freedom to choose another water park. If Schlitterbahns water slides kill enough kids people will stop going to their park and they will be out of business.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 48
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up