TLO 07:10 PM 08-27-2021
Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:52 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Same....old....Browns
that's an absurd take, and is just trash talking to trash talk.

As a rookie, Mayfield took essentially the same team that was winless the year before to a winning record (he started playing in game 3). He set the rookie record for TD passes, despite playing in what, 14 games?

Then a down year where they gutted that horrific staff.

Then a year in which he had a very good season and took them to the divisional play-off game.

Two out of 3 years have been very good. The team has a good coaching staff and talent. Baker has been a well above average QB and you would expect he'll continue to develop.

Mahomes is a freak. That's not how QB development usually goes in the NFL. He's a freak, and we love him, and he's our freak, and it was worth all the years of pain and suffering but that doesn't mean that anyone else who isn't Mahomes sucks.

'Same old Browns' is a really dumb football take. They'll be a perennial play-off team with Mayfield. That's not nearly the same as the team that couldn't win a game for two whole freaking years.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:01 AM 09-04-2021
It's not a dumb take because it's correct.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:02 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
What is wrong with Baker? The first Browns qb since Kosar to lead the team to a playoff win, and the first Browns qb to start 3 straight season openers. I’ve never understood the Baker disrespect. Is he Mahomes? No. Who is? I’d say Mahomes landed in a pretty good situation and Baker has survived what was one of the worst. It’s weird people think he’s bad.
Yeah I don't get it either.

Something to do with Oklahoma, I guess.

Mayfield's good, and should continue to get better.

'Same old Browns' is a lazy and uninformed take.

KC is better, and Mahomes is otherworldly, but that doesn't mean all of the other teams suck. It just means they're not AS GOOD.

I don't Cleveland can beat a relatively healthy KC, but I expect we'll see them again in the play-offs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:03 AM 09-04-2021
It's not a dumb take because it's correct.
same old Browns couldn't win a single game.

Now they're a play-off contender.

How is that SAME?

That's dumb.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 08:05 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

How is that SAME?

That's dumb.
They’re still a bunch of dipshit assholes WHO SHOULD DIE SLOW!!!!!!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:10 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Yeah man. Bakers fault that Nick Chubb dropped two passes. 1 that would have scored. The better team won that day. The Browns aren’t better than the Chiefs, but they are closer than anyone else in the AFC.

The Browns are not the second best team in the AFC. They are the second best team in their division though. Then you have the Bills and Titans as both potentially being over the Browns.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:12 AM 09-04-2021
Baker is not hurting your Eli Lilly stock. There are plenty of deflating pigskins in New England.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:15 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The Browns are not the second best team in the AFC. They are the second best team in their division though. Then you have the Bills and Titans as both potentially being over the Browns.
they might well be. We'll have to see.

I expect Pittsburgh is done. Cinci not ready yet.

The Titans will go as Henry goes and the history of 2,000 yd running backs is that the next season is a huge downyear.

Bills will be good, but I don't know that relying on the two rookie DE's to boost their pass rush is a good plan. Maybe one of the two is instantly an upgrade but both? We'll see. Allen is good, but sure seems to choke when the pressure is on.

I think a healthy KC is far and away the best team in the AFC. I expect Cleveland and Buffalo to be 2 and 3 but I think the order is yet to be determined.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:34 AM 09-04-2021
They aren't winning a Superbowl with Faker and that's all that matters. Same old Browns.

No one gives a fuck they beat a crippled old Ben and lost to Chad Henne in the 4th quarter.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:36 AM 09-04-2021

How is that SAME?

That's dumb.
Meaning once again they aren't threats to win a Superbowl
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:59 AM 09-04-2021
Meaning once again they aren't threats to win a Superbowl
Nobody's a threat to beat a healthy Chiefs team in the AFC, let alone the entire NFL.

Does that mean everyone sucks?

The Browns and Bills have come A LONG WAY from being perennial losers.
That can be acknowledged without somehow downgrading KC.

Allen and Mayfield are good young QB's on normal career trajectories.

We just have 'THE FREAK'. It's a good time to be a Chiefs fan.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:03 AM 09-04-2021

Does that mean everyone sucks?
Yes
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 09:10 AM 09-04-2021
One thing I see consistently from chiefs fans are excuses they don't lose much but when they do its never the chiefs fault.

It's always injuries or the refs. Sack up and take your lumps just like everyone else. Also psa you aren't going 20-0 :-)
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 09:21 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
One thing I see consistently from chiefs fans are excuses they don't lose much but when they do its never the chiefs fault.

It's always injuries or the refs. Sack up and take your lumps just like everyone else. Also psa you aren't going 20-0 :-)
INJECT AN ANTIFREEZE COLONIC INTO YOUR HIGHWAY-WIDE ASSHOLE!!!!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:24 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:

Well, to be fair, a healthy Chiefs team with Mahomes on the field hasn't lost hardly at all in two years.

I'm not usually a 'blame the refs' guy, but it seemed pretty clear that the NFL decided they were going to call any contact whatsoever in the Super Bowl, probably to ensure a competitive game.

And we were literally down to third stringers and second stringers out of position on the offensive line. I don't think anyone would say that the results would have been the same with the week one starting OL.

We MIGHT have lost a shoot-out with them calling the game like they were. But I doubt it.

The only game we lost in 2020 just straight up was the Raiders game. KC clearly was on cruise control and didn't show up.

That could happen, and probably will at some point again this season.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 106
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Up