ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 41
« First < 243031323334 35363738 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown [needs surgery - going to IR]
Dante84 08:23 PM 08-10-2024

Hollywood Brown has the same injury that Tyreek Hill suffered in Jacksonville back in 2019, Andy Reid said. He’s at the hospital being checked out.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) August 11, 2024

Story from the 2019 Tyreek injury: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...nt-dislocation

Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, who suffered a dislocation of his sternoclavicular shoulder joint Saturday night, was discharged from a Jacksonville-area hospital this morning and now has been cleared to return to Kansas City.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 11, 2024

#Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to miss four to six weeks with the sternoclavicular injury he suffered, per multiple sources. Opening night is three weeks from this Thursday night.

KC opens up at home vs Baltimore and then Cincinnati. pic.twitter.com/0lUx5mDfUP

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) August 13, 2024

The latest:

Sources: The #Chiefs are placing WR Marquise "Hollywood" Brown on IR, and he will undergo surgery to repair his dislocated SC joint. After multiple imaging studies, it was determined that, although Hollywood felt better, his injury was not healing correctly. Without corrective… pic.twitter.com/xtRRMvmseq

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) September 13, 2024

[Reply]
CapsLockKey 01:41 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
No. Even without Hollywood, this is a very solid WR room.
Agreed, they signed Hollywood before Worthy unexpectedly fell into their lap on draft night. I think the only major change is they'll be forced to put Worthy on the field more earlier in the season and file claims on their Juju and Hardman veteran insurance policies. If he's back by the playoffs it's a bonus, but even with him on IR the WR room is miles better than it was last year at this point.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:52 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If Hollywood is out for the year Veach should be ready to make a move for a WR before the trade deadline.

We have the $$$.
Yes. I'd love to believe Worthy is a 1,000 yard WR but we just dont know that yet for certain. Hollywood is a bigger loss IMO than some around here are willing to admit.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:04 PM 09-13-2024
Season is over
[Reply]
-King- 02:06 PM 09-13-2024
Welp that sucks. Guess I see why Juju played so many snaps. He'll be needed
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:18 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yes. I'd love to believe Worthy is a 1,000 yard WR but we just dont know that yet for certain. Hollywood is a bigger loss IMO than some around here are willing to admit.
Worthy is doing great but I agree, Hollywood was going to make us unstoppable.

If everyone is healthy we have enough but I really want to see max fire power for the 3Peat.
[Reply]
Otter 02:22 PM 09-13-2024
First damn play of a meaningless preseason game! :-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:30 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by Otter:
First damn play of a meaningless preseason game! :-)
It sucks. But he's injury prone. And we knew that going into signing him.

If he didn't play in pre-season, who's to say he doesn't get injured in the Ravens game?

With the way the Ravens were playing (taking cheap shots and hitting after play is over) might have happened anyway.

I will never fault Andy for playing our starters in the pre-season in LIMITED action. We always seem to be more 'ready' than the teams that don't play their starters at all in the exhibition slate.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:31 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
No. Even without Hollywood, this is a very solid WR room.
Is it though? If Worthy is what we expect him to be then maybe it is, although I still worry about how he will hold up at his size. We also don’t know what we’re getting with Juju.

I wouldn’t hate a trade if a good one presented itself, just to hedge our bets at the position. A trade for someone on a bottom feeder like Amari Cooper or Adam Thielen would be worth exploring IMO. Cooper would also give you a good option for next year considering Rice and Worthy are the only WRs still under contract after 2024.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:41 PM 09-13-2024
Holy crap, dudes.

Our QB just averaged over 10 yards per attempt against the best defense in football.

It's still going to be absolutely impossible for any defense to hold up against Worthy, Rice and Kelce. That is stretching a defense too thin on any given play.

And Mahomes just happens to love Justin Watson, too.

And our RBs nearly had two TD catches last game :-)

MVP Patrick Mahomes only had one game over 10 yards per attempt in 2022, and 2024 Mahomes is easily going to eclipse that mark.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:47 PM 09-13-2024
$250,000 per game roster bonus, dude just lost $4.25MM. Ouch.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:48 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I'll be honest. If he's back for the playoffs and shows out (or just helps our offense out in any way), then I'll be happy for him for whatever happens if we have another banner to hang.

If somebody gives him a stack of cash, good for him. If he doesn't get the offers he wants on the FA market and is able to come back for another year (or two) with us on a cheap short term extension? All the better.

He seems like a good dude so I'm rooting for him. Hope we're able to see him at some point THIS year.
Oh yeah absolutely, couldn't agree more.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:58 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
$250,000 per game roster bonus, dude just lost $4.25MM. Ouch.
Sounds like a good starting point for his 2025 contract
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:06 PM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Holy crap, dudes.

Our QB just averaged over 10 yards per attempt against the best defense in football.

It's still going to be absolutely impossible for any defense to hold up against Worthy, Rice and Kelce. That is stretching a defense too thin on any given play.

And Mahomes just happens to love Justin Watson, too.

And our RBs nearly had two TD catches last game :-)

MVP Patrick Mahomes only had one game over 10 yards per attempt in 2022, and 2024 Mahomes is easily going to eclipse that mark.
The way I see it, it's probably the difference in us being the #1 offense this year by a lot vs. a little.

We will still be the best, the numbers just may not be so damn gawdy.

And yet they still may. Need to stay healthy at WR from here. Especially 4.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:21 PM 09-13-2024
Teams will sell. Why not get a rental star WR if the opportunity presents itself?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:26 PM 09-13-2024
Maybe one bright spot is we can get Hollywood for the playoff stretch and he would be open to taking a prove it contract next year. So we get 1.5 years out of him. Trying to just stay positive
[Reply]
Page 34 of 41
« First < 243031323334 35363738 > Last »
Up