Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread*****
Dante84 09:51 PM 04-27-2023
More to come!

The call to @fanudike has us tearing up �� pic.twitter.com/bJryHPc8S1

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2023

A hyphenated name? He'll fit right in �� pic.twitter.com/wOzKMPdzyx

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 28, 2023

Kansas City selects K-State EDGE Felix Unudike-Uzomah 31st overall

�� 89 QB pressures since 2021 (1st among Big 12 defenders) pic.twitter.com/2ZIClLVyXf

— PFF College (@PFF_College) April 28, 2023

Here’s a first look at your newest Kansas City Chief, @fanudike. pic.twitter.com/P0T2q0UFmG

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah was drafted with pick 31 of round 1 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.73 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 209 out of 1634 DE from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/maz03OdBwq pic.twitter.com/xoMJ9ki2Pv

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 28, 2023

Veach said the #Chiefs had 16-18 players with first round grades and Felix was one of them.

Also said a couple AFC teams weren’t interested in trading with Kansas City.

Naturally.

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah, just now: "I got drafted by literally my favorite team growing up."

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) April 28, 2023

[Reply]
MVChiefFan 04:30 AM 05-03-2023
I called Breeland Speaks. Let that be a lesson to you all.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:53 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
When dreams come true...

That is so cool.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:30 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Look at how many times his DC ran 3 man rushes. No 3 tech to help him out and he still had 89 pressures and 19.5 sacks his last 2 years as a 19 and 20 year old.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:18 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
King Felix, Chris Jones, and Furious George are going to rape faces.
Lots of our fans are really sleeping on Omenihu.

Such a great pickup. You guys are going to love him, I promise.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:21 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
See if you notice the same thing I do.

He typically plays with good leverage/pad level inside. But on the instances that he ends up going outside, he seems to lose it. I don't know what would cause that other than just a bad habit.

When he's going inside, he seems to recognize that he's gonna have to be the low man because he's entering the valley of the giants and he ain't that. But it looks like he can be stood up a bit when he goes outside. Maybe he's just a little too eager because he thinks he has a chance to eat and maybe avoid a little contact for a play or two?

Because he'll need to get some dip in there if he's really going to bend the edge against quality OTs.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:28 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Lots of our fans are really sleeping on Omenihu.

Such a great pickup. You guys are going to love him, I promise.
That sounds good to me. We have him for 2 years, so hopefully if he has a good year, the Chiefs will rework his deal and add a few years. I think that the reason most of us are sleeping on him is because he signed so cheap. Cheap signings are often just fringe role players. I would love to see that he's much more than that.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:30 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He typically plays with good leverage/pad level inside. But on the instances that he ends up going outside, he seems to lose it. I don't know what would cause that other than just a bad habit.

When he's going inside, he seems to recognize that he's gonna have to be the low man because he's entering the valley of the giants and he ain't that. But it looks like he can be stood up a bit when he goes outside. Maybe he's just a little too eager because he thinks he has a chance to eat and maybe avoid a little contact for a play or two?

Because he'll need to get some dip in there if he's really going to bend the edge against quality OTs.
Agreed, he hasn't had to bend around the pocket much to get his production. Not saying he can't, just saying he historically hasn't had to. Dude has an arsenal of moves with the bull rush, the two hand swipe, the ghost arm, the swip / rip, spin, fighting through doubles, etc... If he can master the bend, then things could get real icky.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:30 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

We're so lucky to have Cullen coaching the line. I have faith that he can coach him up to correct those issues.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:38 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Warrick:
Congrats u2, but I think if the Chiefs were successful in trading up for a player they really wanted in the first round (::cough:: Harrison) we'd be looking at your other mock draft(s) for a player :-)
You're just assuming they wanted Harrison.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:40 AM 05-03-2023
Not sure if repost but this is pretty cool.

[Reply]
staylor26 09:43 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Agreed, he hasn't had to bend around the pocket much to get his production. Not saying he can't, just saying he historically hasn't had to. Dude has an arsenal of moves with the bull rush, the two hand swipe, the ghost arm, the swip / rip, spin, fighting through doubles, etc... If he can master the bend, then things could get real icky.
He absolutely has shown he can bend, but it's a lot more difficult to do with the way they used him and had him lining up (4i).

There just weren't many opportunities for him to rush from a wide 9, but when he did, he showed that bend.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:06 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
That sounds good to me. We have him for 2 years, so hopefully if he has a good year, the Chiefs will rework his deal and add a few years. I think that the reason most of us are sleeping on him is because he signed so cheap. Cheap signings are often just fringe role players. I would love to see that he's much more than that.
I think another reason a lot of Chiefs fans are sleeping on him is that he was out when we boat-raced them in their own house last season.

I watched them quite a bit last season and he's a really good, disruptive player with tons of upside in my opinion.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:44 PM 05-03-2023
Before we drafted King Felix, did anyone else know that if you sack the QB, and he fumbles the ball, and the ball goes beyond the line of scrimmage, its no longer a sack?

That just sounds stupid to me. A sack should be a sack no matter where the ball ends up after a fumble. I do not understand this rule.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:54 PM 05-03-2023
I will take those strip sacks all day long..It does suck he didnt get the record because he did too much
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:22 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Before we drafted King Felix, did anyone else know that if you sack the QB, and he fumbles the ball, and the ball goes beyond the line of scrimmage, its no longer a sack?

That just sounds stupid to me. A sack should be a sack no matter where the ball ends up after a fumble. I do not understand this rule.
I guess that was what Mitch was referring to when he said that Felix had 4 sacks in a game, was 6 before 2 were taken away on a technicality. Wow! Yeah, those sacks should stand.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 85
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Up