« First < 234284324330331332333334 335 >
Nzoner's Game Room>BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt
NIUhuskies 08:39 AM 01-24-2023
I love that are doing this. Probably not smart to poke the bear
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Lzen 07:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It is rare, sure. The one thing that might make a bit of a difference is the 7th playoff spot in each conference that they added a couple of years ago.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Bungholes still talking trash. Cam Taylor-Britt postgame news conference.
:-)
[Reply]
wazu 07:38 AM Today
Looking ahead, the Bengals schedule is just loaded with cupcakes all year. They've already lost to two of those cupcakes, but if they get their shit together I could definitely see them squeezing their way back into the playoff picture.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:40 AM Today
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
The Bengals aren't even in my top 5 of teams I despise...

Get behind the

Broncos
Raiders
Patriots
Cowboys
Ravens

After the first two, I suppose indifference is more accurate.

Honestly, the Bengals aren't even in my thoughts unless the Chiefs are playing them.

Who Dey? or is that some other team's saying?
I'm too young to really hate the Raiders, but totally get it for anyone who watched old school lawless football when they'd truly beat the shit out of each other.

And despite '97/'98, I've never truly hated the Broncos... I've never hated another team just because they were good, and besides that one playoff game, they've never been good at the same time as the Chiefs.

I've felt like with the Bills and Bengals though, for the first time in my life the Chiefs have a couple real rivalries... games that really matter to both sides, plus seeing them every year now. There are a few other teams like the Ravens and AFCW teams that hate the Chiefs, but they're afterthoughts until they consistently play the Chiefs in big games and it's more than just their Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
Looking ahead, the Bengals schedule is just loaded with cupcakes all year. They've already lost to two of those cupcakes, but if they get their shit together I could definitely see them squeezing their way back into the playoff picture.
Eh, not really?

Chargers, Cowboys, and Eagles are at best a toss up depending on which version shows up.

That division always mauls the fuck out of each other.

Panthers, Giants, Titans, Broncos, and Raiders should all be easy wins on paper but given the games they've already lost I wouldn't even feel comfortable pencilling those in as surefire wins.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm too young to really hate the Raiders, but totally get it for anyone who watched old school lawless football when they'd truly beat the shit out of each other.

And despite '97/'98, I've never truly hated the Broncos... I've never hated another team just because they were good, and besides that one playoff game, they've never been good at the same time as the Chiefs.

I've felt like with the Bills and Bengals though, for the first time in my life the Chiefs have a couple real rivalries... games that really matter to both sides, plus seeing them every year now. There are a few other teams like the Ravens and AFCW teams that hate the Chiefs, but they're afterthoughts until they consistently play the Chiefs in big games and it's more than just their Super Bowl.
I've hated the Broncos since Elway and his whiney butt crying to the refs about the noise at Arrowhead. And the Raiders hatred began back in the old Marty Schottenheimer days. But you're right, they aren't much of anything these days. They really need to get better so that we can truly hate them again with all our hearts. :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Burrow is learning how Mahomes lived in 2018.

Not sure he's going 12-4, though. :-)
Guessing he won't be a Dee Ford foot away from a SB appearance either.

I'm pretty sure this Bengals defense is better than that KC defense though.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Guessing he won't be a Dee Ford foot away from a SB appearance either.

I'm pretty sure this Bengals defense is better than that KC defense though.
That Chiefs defense was an enigma. They got a lot of sacks but couldn't run defend or pass defend.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

I don't consider either a "rival" being we beat their asses consistently every year.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:57 AM Today
I read that they’re 9-12 since the Burrowhead comment.

Not going to bother fact checking but that is hilarious. What a fall from grace.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I've hated the Broncos since Elway and his whiney butt crying to the refs about the noise at Arrowhead.
You must be young if it started that late
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
9-8 is pretty much their ceiling at this point.

They have 6 games against the AFC North left and they have no defense to speak of.

AFC North games are built on uglying it up and winning late with defensive stands. The Bengals ain't winning those. If they're lucky they manage to go 3-3 in those games.

So they need to find 6 other wins? Not impossible, but not easy. Giants, Panthers, Faid, Broncos, Titans and then hope to steal 1 of the three against Dallas/Philly/LAC?

Does 9-8 get them into the playoffs? No, i don't think it does.

But hey, maybe they'll get to take advantage of that cake last place schedule again next season. So they've got that going for them....which is nice.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 08:41 AM Today

I find it amusing the Bobby trolls bungholes Twitter. Also, Joe Brrrrr0-3 is hitting this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:45 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
9-8 is pretty much their ceiling at this point.

They have 6 games against the AFC North left and they have no defense to speak of.

AFC North games are built on uglying it up and winning late with defensive stands. The Bengals ain't winning those. If they're lucky they manage to go 3-3 in those games.

So they need to find 6 other wins? Not impossible, but not easy. Giants, Panthers, Faid, Broncos, Titans and then hope to steal 1 of the three against Dallas/Philly/LAC?

Does 9-8 get them into the playoffs? No, i don't think it does.

But hey, maybe they'll get to take advantage of that cake last place schedule again next season. So they've got that going for them....which is nice.
So they can be good enough to fuck their draft slot instead of picking another Chase?

Beautiful.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I read that they’re 9-12 since the Burrowhead comment.

Not going to bother fact checking but that is hilarious. What a fall from grace.
And now they have to go 10-4 for a shot at the wild card, in all probability?

*edit - the 9-12 record is correct, including the game where one legged Mahomes beat them to make the Super Bowl
[Reply]
Page 334 of 335
« First < 234284324330331332333334 335 >
Up