ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 173
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
emaw1979 07:44 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I think Rice will be better than Moore, thoughts?
I've been very vocal about my discontent with the Skyy Moore pick at the time and during the easy, and I feel partially vindicated by his lack of production last year. However, when Moore was in there he was almost always open and he flashed the few opportunities he had.

That being said, I hated the Rice pick even worse. They traded up for a player that's likely there if they waited and may have been there in the 3rd. and if not, there were better options. I'd be surprised if he finishes his rookie contract. WRs that can't get open and have bad hands generally don't last long in the league. You want a comp for Rice? Jehu Chesson. The Chiefs moved up for him too and he lasted one year. Similar scouting reports.

So of the two? Moore is an NFL WR. He can be a productive one IMO. Rice.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:46 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
I've been very vocal about my discontent with the Skyy Moore pick at the time and during the easy, and I feel partially vindicated by his lack of production last year. However, when Moore was in there he was almost always open and he flashed the few opportunities he had.

That being said, I hated the Rice pick even worse. They traded up for a player that's likely there if they waited and may have been there in the 3rd. and if not, there were better options. I'd be surprised if he finishes his rookie contract. WRs that can't get open and have bad hands generally don't last long in the league. You want a comp for Rice? Jehu Chesson. The Chiefs moved up for him too and he lasted one year. Similar scouting reports.

Oh dude.

Total re-run take. Every single thing you've said here is wrong.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:47 PM 04-30-2023

Guys who consistently make tough, contested catches don't have "bad hands." He has some focus drops. That can easily be fixed.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:51 PM 04-30-2023

Holy shit you're absolutely clueless.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:10 PM 04-30-2023
Rice’s style of play seems like he’s gonna need to be schemed open like Juju was. The one concern with him for me was getting open consistently in the NFL.

Still like the pick but those are the concerns for me.
[Reply]
chiefsfan58 08:14 PM 04-30-2023
thoughts on his reps here? QB at fault or poor route running?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQNxWubJTu8
[Reply]
emaw1979 08:17 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh dude.

Total re-run take. Every single thing you've said here is wrong.
Which part? My opinion that Rice = Jehu Chesson or Moore will have a better career than Rice, who will be off the team in three years. Those are opinions and won't be proven this year.

About the speed and separation? Those thoughts are not just my own but shared by many scouting reports.

What about the hands? The ain't good bro.

"Here are some numbers comparing Rice to some of the other members of this draft class. If you eliminate things like swing passes and screens, and look at targets more than 4 yards down the field, it’s clear Rice has unreliable hands. His drop rate is north of 10% in those situations, his on-target catch rate is below 80%, his overall catch rate is below 50%."

https://drafttime.substack.com/p/rashee-rice-wr-smu
[Reply]
emaw1979 08:19 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Holy shit you're absolutely clueless.
You chose to attack because disagree with me instead of providing a logical argument against my opinion or in support of yours. You have the emotional intelligence of a slug.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:40 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
It’s hard to take Kollman too seriously after him loving MEH so much, and his awful takes during this past postseason.
Kollmans really over rated imo. Kcsn had him on every week and he’d spend the whole pod explaining that kc had no chance because the other team had a better. Ore talented roster. Poor guy never could wrap his head around Mahomes and Andy. There’s no quantifiable stat and it just kept fucking burning his ass. Now he’s on the chargers pay roll. So I give zero shits what he thinks about the chiefs.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:50 PM 04-30-2023
I hope rices hands are as much a ball magnet as his thread is a retard magnet.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:12 PM 04-30-2023
Which part? My opinion that Rice = Jehu Chesson or Moore will have a better career than Rice, who will be off the team in three years. Those are opinions and won't be proven this year.

About the speed and separation? Those thoughts are not just my own but shared by many scouting reports.

What about the hands? The ain't good bro.

"Here are some numbers comparing Rice to some of the other members of this draft class. If you eliminate things like swing passes and screens, and look at targets more than 4 yards down the field, it’s clear Rice has unreliable hands. His drop rate is north of 10% in those situations, his on-target catch rate is below 80%, his overall catch rate is below 50%."

https://drafttime.substack.com/p/rashee-rice-wr-smu
There are no real numbers there. They are measuring his performance by eliminating passes they didn't want to grade him on. How do they even come up with the over all catch rate of 50%? If his drop rate is 10 percent and his on target rate is 80 how does that math work?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:16 PM 04-30-2023

Made a big return in the AFC title game & scored in the super bowl what a fucking bust
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:27 PM 04-30-2023
Like the pick. Very similar to JuJu in stature. Hoping he brings similar results soon. Learning Reid's route tree will take him awhile. Hopefully having Nagy as OC (vs EB) will play to his advantage in assimilating to the Chiefs' offense.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:48 PM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Made a big return in the AFC title game & scored in the super bowl what a ****ing bust
The punt return was a nice play, and the TD catch was all Andy Reid.

Moore had one of the most disappointing seasons I can remember. There were times where it clearly looked like he didn't understand where he was supposed to be on the field. He cause 2 interceptions, and could barely field a punt. When he was waiting on the punt in the SB, my guess is most Chiefs fans said a silent prayer begging him not to fumble.

Just because he made a play in the SB doesn't erase how poorly he played all season. I initially hated the pick, and after listening to staylor and meck, I decided that he was a great fit for the offense. The reality is that going from lesser college competition to the NFL, and learning Reid's offense, was a real struggle for him.

But, he was a rookie, and with Mahomes at QB, I feel confident he will be much better next season. But you just can't act like he played well last season based on a single play.
[Reply]
kozzman555 11:16 PM 04-30-2023
As long as Rice isn't Tyreek Hill where every dropped pass results in an interception, I'm ok with it. I feel like Hill had 10 drops that resulted in interceptions. Love him as a player, wish he was still here, but yeah that was maddening.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 173
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up