ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 37
« First < 232930313233 34353637 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2024 COPA America Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:01 PM 06-20-2024
Beautiful opening message! I can't believe they opened with a prayer. Love it.

Go USA!

Argentina should beat Canada. I hope they do.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:57 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Is Klopp walking through that door any time soon?

God willing.
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 05:30 PM 07-10-2024
klopp is a very system-oriented club manager and we'd be the worst team he's ever coached. it would be cool to see him actually come here, but for the short term, i think herve renard would be the best hire. i think he'd be more likely to take the job too.
[Reply]
Jerm 05:40 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Berhalter is out as coach of USMNT!
The evil has been defeated….thank God.
[Reply]
Womble 05:45 PM 07-10-2024
Still the best in CONCACAF.
That's like being the champions of the NFC South. You and everyone else in CONCACAF are still shite.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:09 PM 07-10-2024
This fuckers been on the front page for two weeks and I still don’t know what copa is.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:45 PM 07-12-2024

Jesse Marsch on any #USMNT coaching rumours. #CanMNT @TSN_Sports @TSNSoccer pic.twitter.com/KpLBFLjY7j

— Matthew Scianitti (@TSNScianitti) July 12, 2024

Wow.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:30 PM 07-12-2024

Wow.
Why would he want to leave where he’s at? It’s a dream job after failing to make it at Leeds. I mean based off your reaction to their performance this tournament it’s pretty safe to say it’s a pretty laid back job with no expectations. The program quite literally has nowhere else to go but up because they’ve failed to really move the needle for the 100 years they’ve been playing organized soccer as a country. Who wouldn’t want that job as a coach on the downslope of their career. I think it’s funny to think we’d be calling in the first place. The US needs to make a big splash with this talent pool and playing major host to the World Cup in a couple years. Jesse ****ing Marsch is definitely not what we’re looking for.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:31 PM 07-12-2024
It’s interesting to see how much the playing fields at these NFL stadiums have been trashed by the players and coaches. Makes you wonder if they’ll make some big changes to some of these stadiums that are hosting the World Cup in a couple seasons.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:38 PM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Why would he want to leave where he’s at? It’s a dream job after failing to make it at Leeds. I mean based off your reaction to their performance this tournament it’s pretty safe to say it’s a pretty laid back job with no expectations. The program quite literally has nowhere else to go but up because they’ve failed to really move the needle for the 100 years they’ve been playing organized soccer as a country. Who wouldn’t want that job as a coach on the downslope of their career. I think it’s funny to think we’d be calling in the first place. The US needs to make a big splash with this talent pool and playing major host to the World Cup in a couple years. Jesse ****ing Marsch is definitely not what we’re looking for.
You sure about that? The joke USSF literally re-hired Berhalter of all people after their last search. :-)

Something tells me the big names aren't exactly knocking the door down to take this job.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:44 PM 07-12-2024

�� Jurgen Klopp has rebuffed approach to become USA head coach. Initial contact through intermediaries last week but opportunity politely declined; reiterated to #USMNT bosses former #LFC manager wants break from football @TheAthleticFC post @MiguelDelaney https://t.co/QWxxiBHzrI

— David Ornstein (@David_Ornstein) July 11, 2024

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:10 PM 07-12-2024

Jesse Marsch has been so measured and honest during this Copa America. More exceptionally astute quotes here.

He notes that CONCACAF teams have been, in his mind, poorly treated. Says the USA vs. Uruguay was “one of the most biased refereed games I’ve ever seen.” https://t.co/TzB1hxIDHD

— Kyle Bonn (@the_bonnfire) July 13, 2024

[Reply]
loochy 02:12 PM 07-13-2024
In other words, "hell no, I wouldn't touch that pile of shit with a 10 foot pole"
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:06 PM 07-13-2024
Ouch. Davies with the choke.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:26 PM 07-13-2024
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Ouch. Davies with the choke.
Meh, that game was choked before that giving a goal to a wide open Suarez in stoppage time after dominating the entire match, not in penalties after Canada had already missed one. Just an inexcusable defensive breakdown.

Still a good tournament that could have been even better. Assuming Marsch sticks around and doesn’t bolt anywhere else (he’s made his feelings known about the USSF fortunately), that isn’t a team anyone is gonna want to see in the draw in 2 years.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:34 PM 07-13-2024

Jesse Marsch trots out an alternate lineup vs Marcelo Bielsa’s full strength Uruguay but lose on penalties.

Hell of a game from Canada.

Other teams in CONCACAF crashed out and here they are writing their history. ����

— herculez gomez (@herculezg) July 14, 2024

[Reply]
Page 33 of 37
« First < 232930313233 34353637 >
Up