ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 33
« First < 222829303132 33 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice Injury Update Thread
SHOWTIME 02:49 PM 09-29-2024
Did not look good
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:26 PM Yesterday
Maybe the freak accident actually made his ACL stronger and the doctors are perplexed?
[Reply]
Delano 08:28 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Maybe the freak accident actually made his ACL stronger and the doctors are perplexed?
A doctor on twitter said he actually implanted admantium in Rice’s leg after the car crash. They’re doing these tests just to keep the tech secret.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:29 PM Yesterday
Like Dr Manhattan with the particle accelerator accident
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:29 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
I'm assuming it is NOT torn since there were two MRI's. They did the second one to make sure.

It's possible it's a partial tear but that there could be other damage they need to assess.
The fact he was ruled out so fast makes me think it is. Hoping I’m wrong but my high school coach diagnosed mine two days before I could get an mri.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:34 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
The fact he was ruled out so fast makes me think it is. Hoping I’m wrong but my high school coach diagnosed mine two days before I could get an mri.
Well shit then, call your coach.

No, wait, don't.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 08:38 PM Yesterday
HAHAHAHA this sent me
[Reply]
TheGuardian 08:39 PM Yesterday
The sideline tests have a LOT of ways they can be false positive tho.

If there's laxity (a "partial" tear) it'll be a false positive.

So if it tested positive on the sideline with the trainer test but the first MRI said nope, and the second one said nope, it's probably a partial tear.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:45 PM Yesterday
A partials still 3-4 month recovery and may never be as strong.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:46 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Well we know you do the second you see me post!

Also, the irony when I'm a borderline sex addict.
I wanna party with you, cowboy . Giddyup!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:53 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Delano:
A doctor on twitter said he actually implanted admantium in Rice’s leg after the car crash. They’re doing these tests just to keep the tech secret.
Oh hell yeah
[Reply]
TheGuardian 08:54 PM Yesterday
This is not true. A partial isn't even a "tear" its when the tendon is stretched. Depending on the severity it can just be a few weeks with no issues.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 08:54 PM Yesterday
He is going to to be suspended most of next season, so come back and blow it all the way out before your year off?
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:54 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Random website

Recovery from a Grade 1 ACL Tear
As you may suspect, Grade 1 ACL injuries are the least severe and disruptive. In these cases, “tear” really refers to microscopic tearing within the ligament. The ACL has been overstretched and mildly damaged but is still able to support the knee. While patients will still be able to move and use their knee, there will likely be associated pain. The great news for these individuals is that treatment is noninvasive and recovery time is relatively quick.

In general, Grade 1 ACL tears are treated with methods such as bracing, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) for pain, and RICE (rest, ice, compression, and elevation). When these precautions are taken, general healing time is about 2-4 weeks. However, it is important to get clearance from your physician before returning to physical activities to avoid reinjury.

Recovery from a Grade 2 ACL Tear
In a Grade 2 ACL tear, the microscopic tears of Grade 1 are more extensive tears of 20 – 80% of the ligament fibers. Patients will experience greater levels of pain and more obvious symptoms, including swelling, bruising, and knee instability. Weightbearing on the leg will not be possible without significant amounts of pain. Because of the severity in damage and associated symptoms, Grade 2 tears require longer periods of recovery of about 6-8 weeks and may even require surgical repair of the ACL. The decision of whether or not to operate can be made between patient and surgeon and will depend on factors such as age and activity level.

Recovery from a Grade 3 ACL Tear
A Grade 3 ACL tear is a complete tear of the ligament. It is accompanied by severe pain and obvious swelling and bruising. The knee will feel completely unstable and without the ability bear weight. Surgical repair of a Grade 3 tear is likely although not always necessary. If a patient lives a largely sedentary life with only mild physical activity, a complete recovery may be achieved using conservative treatment methods including several weeks of intensive orthopedic physical therapy. If surgery is chosen, full recovery and return to normal
Tanks!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:56 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
Like Dr Manhattan with the particle accelerator accident
I cross the field to the first down marker. I find a hole in the zone. When I get to the hole, Patrick is throwing an interception. I am terrified.

It is Sept. 7, 2023, when I’m introduced to Mahomes. He throws me a TD and retrieves the ball, the first time a QB has done this for me. As he gives me the warm, supple ball, our fingers touch.

I feel fear for the last time.

A token MRI is taken. There is nothing to scan.

A circulatory system is seen by the Lot D entrance. A few days later, a partially muscled skeleton stands in the Hall of Honor and screams for a moment before vanishing.

They call me Dr. Kansas City. They explain the name has been chosen for the ominous associations it will raise in Arrowhead's enemies. They are shaping me into something gaudy, something lethal.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:02 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
He is going to to be suspended most of next season, so come back and blow it all the way out before your year off?
I doubt he gets more than 4 games.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 33
« First < 222829303132 33 >
Up