ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 49
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Leo Chenal Thread*****
Dante84 09:23 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Leo Chenal was drafted with pick 103 of round 3 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.99 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 3 out of 2419 LB from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/unnXwkfpiT #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/YdwWEkOnmR

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 30, 2022

The moment our newest LB got the call he was joining the Chiefs 📲 @chenal_leo pic.twitter.com/2q3fLOFoPA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 4, 2022

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 02:39 PM 06-14-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Getting Brian Cushing vibes from the guy. Here for it.
Hopefully without the body breaking down due to massive amounts roid use.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:06 PM 06-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
RAS: Still reeruned
Lol dude you're arguing that compiling a list of every measurable at the combine is stupid? Like... if you don't want to talk about the composite score, then fine, but side by side comparisons of every drill and measurable is not reeruned. Why is this such a crusade? You just don't like how that data is compiled into a single number, but nobody cares about the main number. I care that he's heavier, quicker, and more explosive than Micah Parsons.
[Reply]
O.city 03:26 PM 06-14-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Lol dude you're arguing that compiling a list of every measurable at the combine is stupid? Like... if you don't want to talk about the composite score, then fine, but side by side comparisons of every drill and measurable is not reeruned. Why is this such a crusade? You just don't like how that data is compiled into a single number, but nobody cares about the main number. I care that he's heavier, quicker, and more explosive than Micah Parsons.
But on the field, he's just not. Which is what inevitably matters no?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:29 PM 06-14-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
If your score says that Leo Chenal is superior to Micah Parsons and Luke Keuchly - yes, it's very very stupid.

Besides, I've already gone over the numbers on the absurdity of RAS during draft season and am not going to relitigate it.

Keep telling yourself that Leo Chenal literally the most athletic linebacker in NFL history. I'm sure it will work out swimmingly for you.

RAS is retarded.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:31 PM 06-14-2022
Parsons is faster in the 40. My point was Chenal has crazy athletic traits and is therefore worthy of getting fanboyed.

Your personal hatred of RAS scores doesn't belong in this thread of positivity. It's like saying CEH's 40 time doesn't matter. It does. There are exceptions but it does.

Acting like RAS is similar to a PFF score is reruned
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:36 PM 06-14-2022
RAS tells you LESS about how a player will actually perform than PFF.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:37 PM 06-14-2022
And for the record, I’ve said in this very thread that I love the Chenal pick and it’s may be my favorite of the draft.

Because I watched him play.

RAS, OTOH, says he’s first ballot Hall of Famer.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:39 PM 06-14-2022
Well I'm not going to stop posting RAS scores because they are a super convenient collection of all the data we get from the combine and if you're going to get your panties in a wad every time I do maybe you should just go commando because I am not stopping.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:13 PM 06-14-2022
And for the record, I’ve said in this very thread that I love the Chenal pick and it’s may be my favorite of the draft.

Because I watched him play.

RAS, OTOH, says he’s first ballot Hall of Famer.
RAS is just a piece of the picture, it doesn't tell you everything, but then nothing does.

His RAS score is very high, which means he's a really good athlete and has a high ceiling. That's not hyperbole. He could be great! Or not. But whether he reaches that lofty potential will be up to his ability to mentally process, how hard he works, and the coaching he receives as well as what he's asked to do within the system in which he is deployed. And then there's always injuries.

But could he POTENTIALLY be a star? You bet. Is it more likely than a kid with a 6 something RAS? You bet your ass. That kid would have to seriously outwork a much more talented athlete than Chenal. Totally possible, although Chenal is described as being a smart, hard working kid. So I doubt it
[Reply]
Fish 04:27 PM 06-14-2022
Having a higher RAS than Kuechly doesn't mean he's a better football player than Kuechly. It's just an overall grade of their measurables. Great measurables don't always equate to great on field play. But that doesn't mean it's worthless. Not in the least.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:29 PM 06-14-2022
Dat RAS
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:50 PM 06-14-2022
I think when the pads go on at camp we're suddenly going to see this thread get bumped a lot with some of the quotes that start leaking out.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:52 PM 06-14-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The great white hope!

Looks like he'd pull your head off your body and shove it up your own ass.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:03 PM 06-14-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
The great white hope!

Looks like he'd pull your head off your body and shove it up your own ass.
Billay is intrigued!!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:32 PM 06-14-2022
RAS tells you LESS about how a player will actually perform than PFF.
I think there is a miscommunication here. You think posting RAS scores is supposed to be saying anything other than the speed, size, and strength data.

Relative to other players at his position, he has excellent weight, speed, strength, explosion, and agility. That is objective. It is not up for debate.

I know your points about height, and I have agreed with you. I don't care about the composite grade - that is a subjective interpretation of the data and means a lot less. I like seeing side by side comparisons as to how guys moved in tested and timed drills. it has value. It does not mean everything nor is it a predictor of success. But it is absolutely a factor.

Not unlike height for a basketball player. It's a hefty part of the equation, but you can fail with it and succeed without it. But typically those are outliers.

What his RAS score tells me is that, if he does not succeed, then it will not be due to a lack of athleticism.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 49
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up