ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 319 of 324
« First < 219269309315316317318319 320321322323 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Chiefs vs 49ers Super Bowl LVIII Game Thread****
Hammock Parties 12:11 AM 02-11-2024
Lombardi and Starr.

Noll and Bradshaw.

Walsh and Montana.

Johnson and Aikman.

Belichick and Brady.

Reid and Mahomes.

Today, the Kansas City Chiefs complete the greatest five-year run in NFL history by winning the third Super Bowl in the Patrick Mahomes era, and the fourth in the franchise's glorious history.

Today, we become an undeniable dynasty.

As someone once said...let's do this shit.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:06 AM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by Munson:
same thing that happened to all the shit talking raiders fans!
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:36 AM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You're right, but I don't recall our players and coaches whining about it to the extent we heard it from the 9ers before and during the game. Maybe that's selective memory, but it seems to me that our team would prefer refs to stay out of it while they were lobbying for the refs to call stuff more aggressively.
exactly

I've had multiple niners fans (I'm surrounded) tell me how bad the reffing was (as a first comment, without blaming other things)

I watched the game pretty closely and thought there were non calls on both...and some bad spots that never got a second look / chains...

We won so it sounds corny but even when it was tied , and the outcome uncertain, I thought the refs did fine...

Tl/Dr: niners fans are more whiney than us
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:42 AM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
lol the Harlan call on the muffed punt is delicious

"OH, CALAMITY!" :-)

We need this whole game call!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:45 AM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by Donger:
Didn't see this until today...

George Kittle saying hi to George Karlaftis mid-play while the ball is loose �� pic.twitter.com/tPu1CRAQzG— Action Network (@ActionNetworkHQ) February 15, 2024

:-)

Their team is odd. No one seems to be an actual vocal leader in game and getting people fired up and talking through what they need to do. Kittle is on the sideline giving breathing exercises to a DB. Purdy looks like he’s just along for the ride. Warner seems kind of intense in game but he was literally crying after the Greenlaw injury.
[Reply]
scho63 10:51 AM 02-19-2024
I was thinking of this yesterday: a huge play that got no mention was Richie James hanging onto the punt and not fumbling when Chris Conley came flying down and blasted him across the chest exactly as he caught it.

While it seemed routine at the time, had he fumbled it probably ends very differently.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:51 AM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
We need this whole game call!
You'll get it in a few days.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:57 AM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I was thinking of this yesterday: a huge play that got no mention was Richie James hanging onto the punt and not fumbling when Chris Conley came flying down and blasted him across the chest exactly as he caught it.

While it seemed routine at the time, had he fumbled it probably ends very differently.
Agreed. That hit was absolutely brutal. And James hung onto the ball and popped up like he'd just been love-tapped out of bounds.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:02 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I’m pretty sure we have video evidence showing Toney didn’t even look at the ref prior to the play to ensure that he was lined up correctly so this is irrelevant.

I understand Pat’s frustration but you can’t call Shanahan a crybaby for simply pointing out to the ref that our tackles do the same thing and to make sure they call it both ways while also making excuses for Mahomes needing to be held back while crying to a ref after a legitimate call.
I think I didn't make my point clear.
Most of us were willing to entertain the possibility that the refs didn't give Toney a warning. And for me personally, I didn't see Toney check with the ref but I also noted at the time that the videos that were going around of this always showed right as it is about to be snapped. It is possible that Toney checked before what is shown in any of the videos. It would make sense since both Andy Reid and Patrick were super pissed about it.

All that being said, I still put the ultimate blame on Toney for being a moron. Kind of the same way as most of us put the blame on Dee Ford for jumping offsides in the AFC Championship of the 2018 season. I believe we learned after that incident that refs usually give you a warning when you're lining up offsides on defense, as well. in both cases, I put the majority of the blame on the players.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:06 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:

Truth.

I was thinking about this the other day and the STs unit, in general. A lot of folks over the past couple of seasons say Dave Toub is terrible and we need to replace him. Yet, his units perform well in the biggest games.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:30 PM 02-19-2024
Bolton got fined $8,000+ for the horse collar tackle on Purdy.

NFL fined Nick Bolton $8,238 for horse-collar tackle in Super Bowl LVIII. https://t.co/7aZ6MMhfqW

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) February 19, 2024

[Reply]
notorious 03:37 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless:
exactly

I've had multiple niners fans (I'm surrounded) tell me how bad the reffing was (as a first comment, without blaming other things)

I watched the game pretty closely and thought there were non calls on both...and some bad spots that never got a second look / chains...

We won so it sounds corny but even when it was tied , and the outcome uncertain, I thought the refs did fine...

I bet they refuse to take a dump in a Kohl's shitter, too!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:52 PM 02-19-2024
exactly

If I were in your shoes, I would have said to them,

"Bottom line: You guys chose to possess the ball first in OT. What was your boy Kyle thinking giving Mahomes 4downs each possession and the advantage of knowing what score he needed to achieve to win?"
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:11 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
I bet they refuse to take a dump in a Kohl's shitter, too!
They prefer their city sidewalks for that business.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:16 PM 02-19-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
If I were in your shoes, I would have said to them,

"Bottom line: You guys chose to possess the ball first in OT. What was your boy Kyle thinking giving Mahomes 4downs each possession and the advantage of knowing what score he needed to achieve to win?"

that was pretty much what I said, along with ...

when the Defense holds Aiyuk Kittle, and Deebo to under 100 yards COMBINED, youve got more problems than refs... and are not giving credit to the Chiefs D

I also said something like: There were a whole bunch (20? 25?) of different moments in that game that were pivotal and game changing. The refs honestly were not anywhere on that list... and to be honest the defensive holding in overtime and the bad spots were enough to offset whatever "unfair" things that happened in the game ... I was happy the refs let them play.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:21 PM 02-19-2024
that was pretty much what I said, along with ...

when the Defense holds Aiyuk Kittle, and Deebo to under 100 yards COMBINED, youve got more problems than refs... and are not giving credit to the Chiefs D

I also said something like: There were a whole bunch (20? 25?) of different moments in that game that were pivotal and game changing. The refs honestly were not anywhere on that list... and to be honest the defensive holding in overtime and the bad spots were enough to offset whatever "unfair" things that happened in the game ... I was happy the refs let them play.
Yeah, last year there was the fumble/incomplete pass followed by the helmet catch at the sidelines (I didn't have a problem with either one), the defensive hold at the end of the game... besides the defensive hold in OT last week, nothing was glaring.

I wonder if that one guy whining about the Chiefs holding a lot got into their heads... they started looking for it (only when the Chiefs had the ball, of course) .

But man, the refs were so much better this postseason than ever before... that defensive hold chapped my ass though.
[Reply]
Page 319 of 324
« First < 219269309315316317318319 320321322323 > Last »
Up