ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 199
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
ChiTown 12:05 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Which wasn’t going to happen with Hill on this roster. You can thank Hill for fucking up contract negotiations for that one.
Yeah, Hill really fucked us by dragging this shit out, while REALLY helping himself out. That's life, and that's why I don't get overly attached to players any longer. The Chiefs have to do what's best for the Chiefs, and the players have to do what's best for them. My personal incentives won't ever align with the players, so it is what it is.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:05 PM 03-23-2022
I don’t understand how this isn’t the needed move? Instead of 1 pick in the top 60 and a gigantic contract weighing us down we now have:

3 picks in the top 50 + our late 2nd
Multiple 3rd and 4th rd picks as ammo to trade up
A lot of cap space to sign players

This was a needed move and I don’t think losing Tyreek will cripple us. FFS we have Mahomes, Andy Reid, a top 10 OL, Kelce, Hardman, Juju and ammo for a 1st rd WR. Our offense isn’t going to fall apart
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:05 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Tyreek - 5th

Smith - 3rd

Sneed - 4th

The Chiefs do pretty well with lottery tickets…
The Chiefs had the luxury of using Tyreek as a gadget player his rookie season and he only started one game as he learned the offense.

They had Maclin as an established #1 WR.

If the plan is to draft Tyreek's replacement, then that rookie WR needs to be able to start and have an immediate impact from day one.

Unless you are okay rolling with JuJu and Hardman as your opening day starting WR's.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:05 PM 03-23-2022
Reporting the Jets never offered #10 , just two #2's
[Reply]
WarChiefs89 12:06 PM 03-23-2022
I'm not sure I get the argument that this was dumb because we are losing a year in Patrick's prime. If that's your stance and you give Hill the bag you likely lose 2 years of PMIII's prime digging out of cap hell in '23-'25 because of the contract you give Reek this year. We were always going to have to take some steps back to reload, deciding to do it now by stockpiling cheap, controllable assets is not the worst idea.

It SUCKS to lose #10 but that was his choice more than ours. Giving into crazy contract numbers is a catch-22 that would give us a better chance to win this year but immediately lowers our odds of winning in future years.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:06 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
But on a side note I cannot imagine the Chiefs doing this without a plan in place. So we will see in the next few days ...
I'm really worried that Veach got caught flat footed here.

I refuse to believe he went into the offseason planning to trade Tyreek Hill.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:06 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Hill draws so much attention.

When you take him out everyone gets worse.

Hardman is a fun gadget player. That's it.

JuJu is a complimentary WR without an alpha in front of him.

That's what we need to find...it's possible but not easy at all.
Won't even pretend Hardman and juju can replace hill but he does play better when he plays hills role instead of side by side. And a lot of jujus struggles have to do with horrific qb play. Yeah right now we're rough. But adding a legit extra wr and we end up at least OK. It's not a complete rebuild and we still have some options with free agency and a deep draft
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:06 PM 03-23-2022
You can’t replace Hill. That’s a given. But if you can replace him with two WRs who can get open in their own right….then it’s harder for the defense to focus on one player.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:06 PM 03-23-2022
The more I think about it, I’m shocked Reid signed off on this…

I was completely alright with the idea of trading Hill but I don’t think they got enough…
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:06 PM 03-23-2022
Do we sign Jarvis and Obj now?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:07 PM 03-23-2022

From the @chiefs side, 5 picks for 1 non-QB player is about as much as you can possibly get on the market in a post-Herschel world. You’re now banking on one of the best front offices in NFL to maximize a boat load of cheap draft picks and 70M in cap space over the next 3 years.

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
ChiTown 12:07 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
ESPN grade:
On the surface, they aren't wrong. But given our Cap issues, what would they have the Chiefs do? I'm genuinely curious.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:07 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yes, my brother in law hit me with that meme already.
Meme stolen from the twitter page nfl memes with the same exact pic.
[Reply]
Unretired Brady 12:07 PM 03-23-2022
Ok, I suppose I'll say it.

Antonio Brown!!!!
[Reply]
R8RFAN 12:07 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t understand how this isn’t the needed move? Instead of 1 pick in the top 60 and a gigantic contract weighing us down we now have:

3 picks in the top 50 + our late 2nd
Multiple 3rd and 4th rd picks as ammo to trade up
A lot of cap space to sign players

This was a needed move and I don’t think losing Tyreek will cripple us. FFS we have Mahomes, Andy Reid, a top 10 OL, Kelce, Hardman, Juju and ammo for a 1st rd WR. Our offense isn’t going to fall apart
I expect a cheetah like player to be drafted by the Chiefs this year because that's the style Andy likes
[Reply]
Page 31 of 199
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up