Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns
TLO 07:10 PM 08-27-2021
Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:07 AM 09-03-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Don't forget in order to pull that off the KC Oline has to be decimated by injuries AND you need an elite Dline. Very few teams in the league have a Dline as good as TBs.
And turf toe that needed surgery the minute the season was over, and first home team playing in the SB, and having to travel last minute while Bucs had to go nowhere, and some of the worst officiating I’ve seen in a SB to go along with one of the refs having a kid named after the opposing teams quarterback, and having the coaches kid almost kill a couple kids days before the game. It was a perfect storm for the Bucs. Add in Andy going full retard, and running with long developing plays when 15 was already running for his life from the snap, getting away from running which was working early, and zero fucking adjustment when he could see his game plan failing. I’d almost rather they just let Andy deal with his family issue, and let EB call the offense.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:31 AM 09-03-2021
The Chiefs early schedule is a head-scratcher from a NFL marketing perspective...

Chiefs have Bills, Ravens and Browns in their first 5...KC runs the table then they have the H2H tiebreaker almost the entire season...against the top 3 AFC teams...they have the Titans in week 7.

This game is way more important to the Browns as their division is more competitive.

NFL should have scheduled these cross-divisional match-ups around week 7-12.

We all know the NFL loves them some manufactured narratives...having the Chiefs coasting to HFA seems anti-climactic. Their last half of the season seems relatively easy....they only face one team with a 2020 winning record in their final 8 games.

It's kind of giving me pause on this game...Chiefs should win...but.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:19 PM 09-03-2021
So sick of hearing about the greatness of the Browns and Bucs. Fuck both those teams.
[Reply]
chinaski 12:40 PM 09-03-2021
Baker Manziel doesn't stand a chance against us.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:44 PM 09-03-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So sick of hearing about the greatness of the Browns and Bucs. Fuck both those teams.
Agreed. At least the Bucs won the SB, the Browns have yet to do anything.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:01 PM 09-03-2021
The Browns, on paper, are the toughest matchup for us in the AFC.

That's why having this game early is great...we get to attack them before their new defensive pieces get to gel.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:03 PM 09-03-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The Browns, on paper, are the toughest matchup for us in the AFC.
Why's that?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:07 PM 09-03-2021
Why's that?
They have a great oline that can control the clock.

A good, capable QB that can make the throws.

They have an elite edge rusher (he was recovering from Covid last year when we played) and added Clowney as a complimentary piece.

They have added tons of talent and bring back some in their secondary.

I don't think Cleveland has caught us but they had one of the best off-seasons of the 32 teams in addressing their remaining weaknesses.

Also, JOK is a playmaker and they now have him as well as bringing back OBJ.

Buffalo I just dismiss because what they do doesn't work against Spags at all.

Baltimore, same thing.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:16 PM 09-03-2021

They have an elite edge rusher (he was recovering from Covid last year when we played) and added Clowney as a complimentary piece.

I don't think Cleveland has caught us but they had one of the best off-seasons of the 32 teams in addressing their remaining weaknesses.

Baltimore, same thing.
Baker couldn’t beat Chad freaking Henne….had the ball with 8 mins left, down 5. Went 12 yards in 7 plays. When you lose a playoff game where Chad Henne was the clutch QB, that’s a problem
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:19 PM 09-03-2021

Baltimore, same thing.
One elite edge rusher and a bunch of garbage on the DL. Literally only one dude who brings any real production on the DL. They’re banking on career years from several unproven or washed up players to generate any substantial pass rush.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:21 PM 09-03-2021
Who gives a shit when the Chiefs can score in 2 plays. TOP is one of the most over rated stats in football.

An inconsistent QB that still plays with very little composure and throws piss-missiles at receivers that are 5 yards away. Dude is insecure AF and i question if he has the mental makeup to win big games at this level.

Garrett is a nutcase who shits on himself in practice, and im not buying this "recovering from covid" excuse Browns fans like to throw around. Clowney hasn't been much of a pass rusher, if he were, maybe he woulda got the contract he's been seeking all these years. Aside from ol' Depends, the rest of that Dline is much more name than substance.

They're young, completely inexperienced and most of them have never seen anything like Mahomes or this Chiefs offense. You go down that list of their secondary and its a bunch of meh or unprovens. Young DB's = communication breakdowns and blown assignments. You do that against Mahomes and it's 6 walking in.

Baltimore, same thing.
Our perspectives here couldn't be more different.

The Patriots and Bills, and maybe the Titans if the wheels don't fall off Henry are far bigger threats to the Chiefs.

The Browns is the Browns until proven otherwise.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:31 PM 09-03-2021
Who gives a shit when the Chiefs can score in 2 plays. TOP is one of the most over rated stats in football.

An inconsistent QB that still plays with very little composure and throws piss-missiles at receivers that are 5 yards away. Dude is insecure AF and i question if he has the mental makeup to win big games at this level.

Garrett is a nutcase who shits on himself in practice, and im not buying this "recovering from covid" excuse Browns fans like to throw around. Clowney hasn't been much of a pass rusher, if he were, maybe he woulda got the contract he's been seeking all these years. Aside from ol' Depends, the rest of that Dline is much more name than substance.

They're young, completely inexperienced and most of them have never seen anything like Mahomes or this Chiefs offense. You go down that list of their secondary and its a bunch of meh or unprovens. Young DB's = communication breakdowns and blown assignments. You do that against Mahomes and it's 6 walking in.

Our perspectives here couldn't be more different.

The Patriots and Bills, and maybe the Titans if the wheels don't fall off Henry are far bigger threats to the Chiefs.

The Browns is the Browns until proven otherwise.

You talk about inexperience and bring up the Patriots?! They are starting a rookie QB. They will struggle to win 7 games. Not a threat at all this year. They won't finish top 2 in their division.

Back to Buffalo, they depend on Allen passing the ball and we have answers to for that. Both games against KC Allen CHOKED way worse than Baker did against us.

Not saying the Browns are world beaters yet. I just think of the teams that could create problems later in the year, they worry me. They have a lot of talent.

Of course game 1 I expect we handle business as we are superior and Reid and Mahomes are too good early.

As long as we stay healthy no one will really challenge us. I just like what Cleveland did a lot in the offseason. John Johnson is one of the better safeties in the game. Top safeties make a difference back there.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:56 PM 09-03-2021

Baltimore, same thing.
Can you talk about their linebackers and secondary? Apart from Ward and the slot from the Rams who have they got? Greedy Williams has done nothing thus far in the league, Delpit is still dealing with his injury and hasn't taken a single snap in the league...they also don't have much push in the middle of their d-line.

This chiefs team have faced the Bills, Bears, Denver, Ravens, Pats, Tampa (first game), Miami, Saints, Jaggs, Niners etc defenses and I'd be very surprised if they are on those levels tbh.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:44 PM 09-03-2021
You talk about inexperience and bring up the Patriots?! They are starting a rookie QB. They will struggle to win 7 games. Not a threat at all this year. They won't finish top 2 in their division.

Back to Buffalo, they depend on Allen passing the ball and we have answers to for that. Both games against KC Allen CHOKED way worse than Baker did against us.

Not saying the Browns are world beaters yet. I just think of the teams that could create problems later in the year, they worry me. They have a lot of talent.

Of course game 1 I expect we handle business as we are superior and Reid and Mahomes are too good early.

As long as we stay healthy no one will really challenge us. I just like what Cleveland did a lot in the offseason. John Johnson is one of the better safeties in the game. Top safeties make a difference back there.
Mac Jones is likely rookie of the year and will lead a better Patriots offense than Cam ever could. Nor is he even the reason i mentioned the Patriots. BB always comes with a killer game plan and there isn't a coach or team that gives Mahomes fits the way BB does, therefore they will always be a thorn in our side. Their schemes are just too good. They damn near beat us last season with Brian Hoyer.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 02:53 PM 09-03-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Can you talk about their linebackers and secondary? Apart from Ward and the slot from the Rams who have they got? Greedy Williams has done nothing thus far in the league, Delpit is still dealing with his injury and hasn't taken a single snap in the league...they also don't have much push in the middle of their d-line.

This chiefs team have faced the Bills, Bears, Denver, Ravens, Pats, Tampa (first game), Miami, Saints, Jaggs, Niners etc defenses and I'd be very surprised if they are on those levels tbh.
its young and unproven so it really doesnt matter. If they meet in the playoffs we will have a better idea of what both teams are by then.

this game is going to mean pretty much nothing IMO you know how many weird fluky things happen week 1?

the browns lost 38-6 week one last year.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 106
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Up