ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 32
« First < 212728293031 32 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**** MNF Doubleheader - Ravens/Bucs and Chargers/Cards ****
wazu 01:49 PM Yesterday
Ravens -3.5
Chargers -1

If we can get a couple of relatively small upsets to happen this could make for a fun evening.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:28 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bump:
not really, I can't think of any teams that are pulling their starters in that situtation
You don't have to pull your starters if you just don't use your timeouts when the Ravens have the ball.

And yeah most teams keep playing for the win. But the Bucs had roughly a .01%, or 1 in 10,000 chance of winning. Their odds of someone having a catastrophic injury are several orders of magnitude greater than that.

Coaches should be smarter about doing this shit in week 7.
[Reply]
Bump 12:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
You don't have to pull your starters if you just don't use your timeouts when the Ravens have the ball.

And yeah most teams keep playing for the win. But the Bucs had roughly a .01%, or 1 in 10,000 chance of winning. Their odds of someone having a catastrophic injury are several orders of magnitude greater than that.

and if they benched the starters and conceded fans would have been saying "you always play to win, a 0.01% chance is still a chance!

I'm not trying to say it isn't smart to pull the starters, it just rarely happens in the NFL
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

49ers had a worse chance on Sunday in the last two minutes than the Bucs and did the same thing.

It’s really nothing unusual.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
49ers had a worse chance on Sunday in the last two minutes than the Bucs and did the same thing.

It’s really nothing unusual.
If nothing else, you gotta pad the stats of your overpriced QB. Dak Prescott is the king of padding stats in those situations.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:13 AM Today
player incentives on contracts :-)
[Reply]
RedRaider56 04:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Screw google. Use Duck Duck Go.
Duck Duck Go search results aren't nearly as good as Google's
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
According to some stats nerd, they had less than a 1% chance of winning the game at that point, and Evans had already popped his hammy. And we've seen teams basically wave the white flag in far less difficult situations, right?

Also says something when Troy/Buck are both wondering out loud just what Bowles thought he was doing. Or the fact that Harbaugh and even Lamar and Derrick were looking at the TB sideline with obvious "wtf are they doing" looks on their faces.

When I was a kid I learned a phrase: "don't go chasing rainbows." Bowles needed to assess the situation, the fact that his defense was gassed, the fact that recovering yet a third onsides kick was mathematically pretty close to zero, that he had no TOs and less than 1:30 left and was down two scores.

And just a couple years ago, McVay did exactly the same thing and got Kupp injured for the season, and even he said afterwards that he made a critical mistake keeping Kupp/Stafford and the other skill players in what was a lost game. According to McVay that decision cost him the rest of the 2021 season.

It was a dumb decision by Bowles, especially so because it was a non-Conference game, with a Divisional game vs. ATL coming up next week that is a must-win for TB.
What team has ever waved the white flag? That doesn't happen. They only needed a FG and TD to tie and had the ball.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by tk13:
That's Google with their botched AI search results. Hard to believe what a disaster their search engine has become.
lol I searched "Songs that David Bowie wrote for other artists" and the AI said "Don't You Forget About Me was written for Simple Mnds but they passed on it"

Not only was that song Simple Minds' biggest hit by far, it was also written by their guitarist and their producer
[Reply]
BWillie 08:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Dan Orlovski has to be the worst football anal.yst on TV. Harrison's head was smashed on that penalty call and yet he saw nothing wrong there? That's the type of hit NFL fines you for. It was a pure helmet on helmet hit. No shoulder pads involved.
He's bad. Every 5 years or so ESPN will pick somebody to be one of their faces for coversge for the next five years so they don't have to pay whoever the current face is. Now they don't have to pay almost anybody anything.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Duck Duck Go search results aren't nearly as good as Google's
Just some political whining by the original quoted poster.

Be a man and use askjeeves.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Just some political whining by the original quoted poster.

Be a man and use askjeeves.

lol. Askjeeves did cross my mind when I made my post.
Made some quick money off the stock many, many years ago
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:10 AM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If nothing else, you gotta pad the stats of your overpriced QB. Dak Prescott is the king of padding stats in those situations.

Baker isn’t overpriced. But yes, Dak definitely is and is a huge stat padder.
[Reply]
notorious 09:19 AM Today
I still see people arguing the last couple minutes, and not realizing that TB was down 23 with less than 4 minutes left. They should have sat everyone well before the Godwin injury.

Win probability was less than .1% at that point according to historic metrics (real data).

You are looking at it happening once every 20 years+. Every single NFL game played.

But yay, they managed to get win probability to .5%, and lost an excellent wide receiver in the process.

Congratulations.

Chiefs fan would be beside ourselves with anger if that happened in one of our games.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by notorious:
I still see people arguing the last couple minutes, and not realizing that TB was down 23 with less than 4 minutes left. They should have sat everyone well before the Godwin injury.

Win probability was less than .1% at that point according to historic metrics (real data).

You are looking at it happening once every 20 years+. Every single NFL game played.

But yay, they managed to get win probability to .5%, and lost an excellent wide receiver in the process.

Congratulations.

Chiefs fan would be beside ourselves with anger if that happened in one of our games.
Probably but ALL TEAMS would do exactly what the Bucs did.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:41 AM Today
I know this much from last night. The Chargers and Bucs are not getting the SB trophy this season.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 32
« First < 212728293031 32 >
Up