ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 35
« First < 212728293031 32333435 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt [signed to the practice squad]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:11 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I know this won't make me popular but we haven't had a true #1 RB since Hunt left. All we had is a bunch of average RB's and that includes Pacheco. He was #17th in rushing last year, with 935 yds in 14 games. meh..I like him but isn't what Kareem was. Hunt had 1327 yds his rookie season and was on his way to that number again or higher before he left. He had 827 yds in 11 games for us.

The only question I have is the lack of a good RB the talent we have or is it because our OL isn't a great run blocking unit? I will be interested to see how Hunt runs behind this OL and that should tell us quite a bit.
Yeah, this is pretty unpopular.

Pop is clearly better than average.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:14 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He got busted for weed while in Cleveland. He was crying in the squad car to the officer that he wasn’t a bad person, just makes shitty decisions.
That was like 5 years ago, there's been nothing since then.
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:20 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He got busted for weed while in Cleveland. He was crying in the squad car to the officer that he wasn’t a bad person, just makes shitty decisions.
I'll go ahead and say this now...as a police officer - any cop who "busts" an adult for simple possession of marijuana is a moron. Incredible waste of time and resources....make them dump it out and move on.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:23 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That was like 5 years ago, there's been nothing since then.
Sure. Did you see the post I was replying to?

Guy said there was nothing reported on him in the media after he left us and that we should expect that to change since he’s a Chief again.
[Reply]
loochy 09:34 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Yawn....do my personal choices bother you?

How can you even follow a conversation with that few posts per page? Just a few comments and it's gone already.
[Reply]
In58men 10:48 AM Yesterday

The #Chiefs have signed RB Keaontay Ingram to the active roster, Kareem Hunt to the practice squad and placed RB Isiah Pacheco on Injured Reserve, among other moves.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 18, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 11:00 AM Yesterday

Andy Reid said Kareem Hunt was coming off a sports hernia injury that he thinks affected his 2023 season.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) September 18, 2024

[Reply]
In58men 11:02 AM Yesterday

There’s a chance Kareem Hunt could play against Atlanta, per Coach Reid. The plan is to bring him up to speed and see where he is as the week progresses.

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) September 18, 2024

[Reply]
In58men 11:04 AM Yesterday

#Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes says that he's maintained a friendship with Kareem Hunt since he left Kansas City: "At the end of the day, I root for the person. He's become a better and better person. . . I'm glad to have him back in the building."

— Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) September 18, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 11:05 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by In58men:
This is going to end up being a true committee isn't it.
[Reply]
teedubya 11:07 AM Yesterday
he may have been horrible the last 2 years... but coming back to the Chiefs is going to ignite the fire within on this guy. He's gonna pop off, at least a few times.

This is his Redemption Era.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:09 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This is going to end up being a true committee isn't it.
And I'm fine with that.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:10 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Let's say he was 17th in rushing over the entire season. That would imply that he was right in the middle of NFL RBs and very average. Hate to break it to you, but that is an average #1 RB.

Now let's consider that he only played 14 games. If we annualize that to 17 games, it's 1135yds.

Compared with other running backs who played 17 games, that's 32yds behind Derrick Henry, 13yds ahead of James Cook, 141yds ahead of Breece Hall, and 159yds ahead of Bijan Robinson.

I'm not saying he's better than those guys, but he's in the same conversation and bracket as them. And those are clear #1 RBs.
I get what you are saying and fair point. I think my view point is I am comparing him to the other very good\great RB's we have had in recent history in KC and I am a little under whelmed by him.

From what Reid said shortly ago he may not be back this year but hopefully he will get healthy and return.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:11 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by In58men:
Well if Mahomes believe he's a better man, then that's all we need to know.

Kareem is my early favorite for Walter Payton Man of the Year. Go ahead and write it down.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:11 AM Yesterday
So he maybe done for the season?

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid confirms the obvious. Isiah Pacheco will not practice.

Pacheco is headed to injured reserve and will have surgery on Wednesday. Reid says there is no timeline, referencing that it could be "this season or next season."

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) September 18, 2024

[Reply]
Page 31 of 35
« First < 212728293031 32333435 >
Up