ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 41
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown [needs surgery - going to IR]
Dante84 08:23 PM 08-10-2024

Hollywood Brown has the same injury that Tyreek Hill suffered in Jacksonville back in 2019, Andy Reid said. He’s at the hospital being checked out.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) August 11, 2024

Story from the 2019 Tyreek injury: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...nt-dislocation

Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, who suffered a dislocation of his sternoclavicular shoulder joint Saturday night, was discharged from a Jacksonville-area hospital this morning and now has been cleared to return to Kansas City.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 11, 2024

#Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to miss four to six weeks with the sternoclavicular injury he suffered, per multiple sources. Opening night is three weeks from this Thursday night.

KC opens up at home vs Baltimore and then Cincinnati. pic.twitter.com/0lUx5mDfUP

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) August 13, 2024

The latest:

Sources: The #Chiefs are placing WR Marquise "Hollywood" Brown on IR, and he will undergo surgery to repair his dislocated SC joint. After multiple imaging studies, it was determined that, although Hollywood felt better, his injury was not healing correctly. Without corrective… pic.twitter.com/xtRRMvmseq

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) September 13, 2024

[Reply]
Bowser 10:53 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
With I/R, I would presume somebody gets elevated. Just not necessarily a WR. As far as the WR room nothing has really changed from the opener.
True. I don't think it'll be a wideout if they bring someone up.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:55 AM 09-13-2024
That’s very disappointing, but manageable after the Juju signing.

As long as he’s ok for the real season, WBF.

Getting Hollywood and Omenihu back for the playoffs will be a big boost.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:00 AM 09-13-2024
Exhibit A for why it’s imperative to be successful with drafting WR’s.

There is a reason why free agent veterans like Hollywood Brown are available at a discount… injury history/injury-prone.

Keep finding more Rashee Rice’s in the draft.
[Reply]
fadeaway 11:06 AM 09-13-2024
I’d be really surprised if he’s back for the play offs. I think he’s done here now
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:07 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I'm guessing they won't want to re-sign him after this.

Hollywood's KC career: 1 preseason snap.
Still doesn't beat Zach Thomas' Chiefs record.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:08 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yeah that sucks but he is definitely coming back next year.
That is an interesting point. Unless he absolutely shows out in the playoffs, Maybe he signs another 1 year deal with us this offseason. Feel sorry for him. He wanted to come in and light it up for a year and sign a monster deal this offseason.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:11 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I guess in the meantime we're going to have to deal with watching Rashee Rice torch teams on the underneath crossers and Justin Watson being wide the hell open in the middle of the field.
We still have Worthy. He can obviously get deep.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:12 AM 09-13-2024
He played 14 games last year and 12 the season before. Before that, he had back to back 16 game seasons. So he wasn't a complete brokedick before he came here.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:13 AM 09-13-2024
Mecole Hardman, come on down!!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:15 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana:
Who gets promoted from the practice squad? Ross?
I'd like to think he's the next man up. We still had issues in the redzone against the Ravens and that's the area where I think he could help the team the most tbh. Washington in preseason was impressive too if it's speed they want. Or they could grab a player they like off another team's practice squad. Either way someone's gotta take that spot.

Shame about Hollywood. Hopefully it's a minor procedure and he's back soon. Crazy how this injury has hit us twice like this.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:21 AM 09-13-2024
Do away with the freaking preseason already! These dudes are already playing 17 regular season games. If college athletes can function week 1 without a preseason so can the NFL. No one wants to see a watered down postseason with several superstars injured. Reduce the wear and tear on these guys wherever possible.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 11:23 AM 09-13-2024
Damn, that changed quickly. I'm starting to doubt he plays at all now. He ain't Tyreek.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:27 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Do away with the freaking preseason already! These dudes are already playing 17 regular season games. If college athletes can function week 1 without a preseason so can the NFL. No one wants to see a watered down postseason with several superstars injured. Reduce the wear and tear on these guys wherever possible.
They go to 18 they will cut a preseason game but that still leaves 2 games for possible injury.

There is no way the NFL will reduce revenue by two games. That's a lot of revenue for the NFL wide because all teams make you pay full price for pre-season games.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:27 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Maybe next year don’t play guys like this in meaningless preseason games.
Yuuuup
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:39 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
If he got hurt the first play of the regular season, nobody would be any happier. Guys get injured in training camp all around the league without contact. The play where he got hurt looked innocuous. Just bad luck.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 41
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Up