ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 301 of 303
« First < 201251291297298299300301 302303 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Okchief80 10:02 PM 09-02-2024
Am I the only one who wants to forget about CEH as quickly as possible? He has been pretty meh. Especially last year. Hopefully, Steele develops into a decent player and perine has some left in the tank.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:28 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Stupid ass pick.
Man, remember when you all downvoted the hell out of this post?
[Reply]
threebag 10:54 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Here’s an article on CEH.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/arrowhe...te-roster-move

He missed portions of training camp and the last two preseason games while dealing with unspecified injuries and an ongoing battle with post-traumatic stress disorder stemming from a incident during his career at LSU.

Last month, he posted on his Twitter account the reason for his absences and talked in detail about his experiences.

"Sometimes I'm admitted into the hospital, something like I can't stop throwing up and it's just, I [don't] know [anything] pretty much to stop it,'' said Edwards-Helaire, the Chiefs' first-round draft pick in 2020. "Real bad dehydration ... but it's really just mentally just not being there. It is one of those things where early on guys who kind of pay attention like Travis [Kelce] and Kadarius [Toney], at times they can even, they'll know ahead of time like, 'OK, Clyde's not laughing, he's not giggling, he's not himself.'"

He said the exact date of the beginning of his PTSD was Dec. 22, 2018, after what he described as a "self-defense situation" in college at LSU.

Two LSU football players were trying to sell an electronic device on that date when one of them fatally shot an 18-year-old man trying to rob them, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, police said at the time. The police didn't identify the players, but The Associated Press reported that Edwards-Helaire was one of them.

"I would say that's probably where a majority of things stem from,'' said Edwards-Helaire, 25. "I wouldn't necessarily say everything stemmed from that. I have best friends that passed away at young ages from gun violence and just not being in the right places at the right time and just knowing that I have people that are close to me or around me who ... could be in the same spots that I am.''

One of his coping mechanisms is being open about his condition.

"I feel like talking is a big thing," he said. "Being able to know that honestly, just everybody goes through things good and bad. It's a steppingstone. I'm just 25 years old and trying to live the rest of my life healthy.''
He probably throws up so much, because of his (lack of) production on the field. The dude sucks.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:29 PM 09-02-2024
There's always fashion shows for CEH to fall back on if this football thing doesn't work out.
[Reply]
Bump 12:56 AM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Man, remember when you all downvoted the hell out of this post?
well that's because all Chiefs draft picks are guaranteed hall of famers until proven otherwise. CEH has proved otherwise lol
[Reply]
threebag 02:48 AM 09-03-2024
I won’t lie, I was excited about him when we drafted him. First running back taken in that draft. Now I get to watch his midget ass get tackled by Mahomes at the exchange.

He’s the dlphag of running backs
[Reply]
TEX 08:05 AM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by threebag:
I won’t lie, I was excited about him when we drafted him. First running back taken in that draft. Now I get to watch his midget ass get tackled by Mahomes at the exchange.

He’s the dlphag of running backs
:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 08:42 AM 09-03-2024
Yeah the kid is a liability. He is a on trick pony. He’s a decent receiving back but can’t run well between the tackles and gets destroyed pass blocking on obvious pass downs.

Clyde isn't exactly a liability in pass pro, but...

The #Chiefs could use all 235 pounds of Samaje Perine to protect Pat pic.twitter.com/ng8q9zNLzL

— Ron Kopp Jr. (@Ron_Kopp) August 31, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:22 AM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
They paid Berry, too.
Who promptly shit all over them and managed to sour Justin Houston on the entire organization.

More than the 'Hobo Spirit' stuff - THAT was when I turned on Eric Berry.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:39 AM 09-03-2024
Glad the Chiefs are doing him a solid paying him. He is well liked in the locker room so I'm assuming this is a PR for the locker room move.

He did chose to go to a fashion show instead of being with his teammates to receive his SB ring. I guess the players were okay with that. We just don't know what's happening in the locker room. These guys are pretty good about stuff staying in the locker room.

The dude was a wasted pick. He never played at the 1st round pick level he should be playing at. Not his fault, he is who he is.

I do genuinely hope he gets his health issues under control and can be a great nurse in his next life.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:51 AM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Who promptly shit all over them and managed to sour Justin Houston on the entire organization.

More than the 'Hobo Spirit' stuff - THAT was when I turned on Eric Berry.
Thanks for dredging all that noise back up.

Yeah. That sucked ass.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 11:05 AM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Glad the Chiefs are doing him a solid paying him. He is well liked in the locker room so I'm assuming this is a PR for the locker room move.

He did chose to go to a fashion show instead of being with his teammates to receive his SB ring. I guess the players were okay with that. We just don't know what's happening in the locker room. These guys are pretty good about stuff staying in the locker room.

The dude was a wasted pick. He never played at the 1st round pick level he should be playing at. Not his fault, he is who he is.

I do genuinely hope he gets his health issues under control and can be a great nurse in his next life.
So much this. Feel for the guy as a human, mental health is a serious thing. Now as a player for a my favorite football team the Kansas City Chiefs, he's a bust.
[Reply]
threebag 11:10 AM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Thanks for dredging all that noise back up.

Yeah. That sucked ass.
Well shit, Haglunds and Helaire both start with H so there’s that.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:37 PM 09-03-2024
Good guy, glad they're looking after him. I think the injuries played a part, but a horrible pick, definite bust.
[Reply]
wazu 12:42 PM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah the kid is a liability. He is a on trick pony. He’s a decent receiving back but can’t run well between the tackles and gets destroyed pass blocking on obvious pass downs.

Destroyed? Do you expect an RB to do much more than he did in this clip? That looked pretty good to me.
[Reply]
Page 301 of 303
« First < 201251291297298299300301 302303 >
Up