ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 177
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:43 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I am sure I will get flamed for this, but he looks much slower than his 40 time. Even before the broken toe.

Everyone is making a big deal out of Mahomes supposedly telling Veach to go get him, but I want someone to ask Mahomes if he also told Veach to go get Flowers. Like, did Mahomes not like Flowers or Quentin Johnston? We will probably never get a true, real answer, but it would be interesting to hear what Mahomes says.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:47 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
This is probably the most talented total WR group we’ve had in KC in a very long time.
Hopefully. I have my doubts but I also don’t think it matters
[Reply]
notorious 01:26 AM 04-30-2023
Skyy is going to catch everything sight and this guy is going to be DRob. I’m going to be good with that.
[Reply]
Best22 04:09 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I am sure I will get flamed for this, but he looks much slower than his 40 time. Even before the broken toe.

Everyone is making a big deal out of Mahomes supposedly telling Veach to go get him, but I want someone to ask Mahomes if he also told Veach to go get Flowers. Like, did Mahomes not like Flowers or Quentin Johnston? We will probably never get a true, real answer, but it would be interesting to hear what Mahomes says.
Pretty sure Mahomes liked Flowers but we weren’t able to trade up to snag him
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:00 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Skyy is going to catch everything sight and this guy is going to be DRob. I’m going to be good with that.
Oh. Oh, no.

Drob would be far below Rice's floor. Drob is a homeless man's Rice.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:02 AM 04-30-2023

I'm sure he liked Flowers, but we already have the comp to him in Toney. Johnston I think was overrated, but we'll see. Both went too high to grab anyway, and Rice was the guy they could get to.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:07 AM 04-30-2023
I really think there was tier 1 WR, which was Smith-Nigba, period.

Tiers two and three are all in the eye of the beholder, but the 'run' everyone was talking about was in this larger group.

Rice is kind of in the middle there (and that's how the draft played out later as well, with some guys I thought were in the lower end of this tier lasting much later than I thought), and they went and got the specific guy in that grouping that they wanted.

I really don't understand why anyone would be down on that conceptually. Maybe he would've made it to 63, but that's 50/50 at best. So they went up 8 spots and got their guy.

I understand that individuals may have had a favorite player they wanted, but there's no way that's a reach by any reasonable standard.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:27 AM 04-30-2023
I was looking at WRs who could threaten with speed/explosion opposite MVS.

Instead, Rice looks like a traditional West Coast WR but that makes perfect sense because that's what our offense looked like last year.

He looks like a possession 1 they want across from MVS.

Toney, Skyy, Ritchie, and Kelce work the middle.
[Reply]
In58men 08:31 AM 04-30-2023
Why did make Flowers and Johnston known at Texas, but kept Rice under the radar? Something tells me they didn’t want people to know Mahomes and Rice had linked up. Maybe it was Rice all along?
[Reply]
TEX 08:31 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Man Rashee Rice is very polarizing amongst people who do the draft really 50/50 on opinions.
I saw him play a lot throughout his career. (In same conference as my alma mater University of Houston).He's good. He'll make the contested catches, but he's not going to run away from folks on a regular basis. He had a really good season last year. He's a lot like Juju. I think that's why they drafted him.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:33 AM 04-30-2023

What if they tried to trade up for Johnson or Flowers but couldn’t because of how cost prohibitive it was? Or because the teams that took them were in the AFC and unwilling to trade with Veach.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:38 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Draft stuff is all opinion obviously, Rice does have some bad habits. I mean I'll say this if you believe 6' WRs need to burn and create separation and can't be contested catch guys because they're not 6'4 you'll probably hate Rice as a prospect.
Beckham Jr did both but he is only 5'11" but plays more like 6'3". How many times do you remember him coming down with shitty Eli Manning throws?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:01 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Beckham Jr did both but he is only 5'11" but plays more like 6'3". How many times do you remember him coming down with shitty Eli Manning throws?
When you look at Rice's RAS, and particularly his 'explosion' grades, you see that he's got a HUGE vertical. He can really go up and get it. And you see that on the tape. This is the element of his game that reminds me so much of Dhop, and the body control is really special. He's a 4.5 guy, not a burner, so if you're conditioned to lust for Hill-style WR's, you're not going to be thrilled.

Now, if you want to argue that maybe he relies on that too much, sure, that may be. But if he's singled covered, you can pretty much throw it to him high and he's going to come down with it. How frustrating has it been to watch Higgins and Chase do that to us for the last few years?

As a Juju comp, I'd say they can do similar things, although the '22 version of Juju is much, much slower and less explosive due to the constant knee thing and prior injuries. I think that's why KC let him go. He wasn't a guy that could afford to slow down much at all and still be effective. He was getting by on smarts and technique at this point.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:03 AM 04-30-2023
Watching a bit of highlights , he comes down with a lot of bad prayer balls , and he looked like he was running with an injury something in his gait , maybe just seeing things . If he can get open vs man even if it’s just 5-7 yards down field and catches the ball I’m good .
[Reply]
In58men 09:09 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Watching a bit of highlights , he comes down with a lot of bad prayer balls , and he looked like he was running with an injury something in his gait , maybe just seeing things . If he can get open vs man even if it’s just 5-7 yards down field and catches the ball I’m good .
I think he played with a toe injury last year. I could be wrong.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 177
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up