ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 43
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown [needs surgery - going to IR]
Dante84 08:23 PM 08-10-2024

Hollywood Brown has the same injury that Tyreek Hill suffered in Jacksonville back in 2019, Andy Reid said. He’s at the hospital being checked out.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) August 11, 2024

Story from the 2019 Tyreek injury: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...nt-dislocation

Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, who suffered a dislocation of his sternoclavicular shoulder joint Saturday night, was discharged from a Jacksonville-area hospital this morning and now has been cleared to return to Kansas City.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 11, 2024

#Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to miss four to six weeks with the sternoclavicular injury he suffered, per multiple sources. Opening night is three weeks from this Thursday night.

KC opens up at home vs Baltimore and then Cincinnati. pic.twitter.com/0lUx5mDfUP

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) August 13, 2024

The latest:

Sources: The #Chiefs are placing WR Marquise "Hollywood" Brown on IR, and he will undergo surgery to repair his dislocated SC joint. After multiple imaging studies, it was determined that, although Hollywood felt better, his injury was not healing correctly. Without corrective… pic.twitter.com/xtRRMvmseq

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) September 13, 2024

[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 10:38 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Verderame just said on his pod that per his source with the Chiefs that he is expected to miss months but the hope is that he comes back towards the later part of the season.

Sounds like middle of December for possible return to practice and/or playing.
I would like that timeline better had he had surgery A MONTH AGO.
[Reply]
wazu 10:40 AM 09-13-2024

I think it’s impossible for us to say whether Hollywood Brown will be out all year or not with current info.

If SC gets repaired/recon, he’s likely done.
If it’s less complex/closed reduction, he could return this season (~6-8wks short end?).

I currently lean the latter. https://t.co/DAPtzrVLHh

— Jeff Mueller, PT, DPT (@jmthrivept) September 13, 2024

[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:42 AM 09-13-2024
Bummer. That sure turned on a dime.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:42 AM 09-13-2024

I'm hearing that Hollywood Brown will be out months and not weeks. The timeline looks more like 3 months than just the minimum 4 week stay on the IR.

— Soren Petro (@SorenPetro) September 13, 2024

[Reply]
Lzen 10:43 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Appeal to authority is never the argument people seem to think it is.
Who gives a crap what other teams are doing? Andy has done it this way for many years and he's been successful. Why change what works? Out of the hundreds of players he's coached over decades of coaching, how many times has playing them in preseason really hurt his team with long term injuries? I don't know the answer but I'd bet it is a rare thing.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:44 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
I'm not going to get my hopes up. And really, I'd rather him take this season off, heal up properly, and give the Chiefs another shot next season with a friendly contract.

I guess in the meantime we're going to have to deal with watching Rashee Rice torch teams on the underneath crossers and Justin Watson being wide the hell open in the middle of the field.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:46 AM 09-13-2024
Noah Gray looks on the up. Perhaps the Justin Watson of TEs
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 10:46 AM 09-13-2024
Who gets promoted from the practice squad? Ross?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:47 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm not going to get my hopes up. And really, I'd rather him take this season off, heal up properly, and give the Chiefs another shot next season with a friendly contract.

I guess in the meantime we're going to have to deal with watching Rashee Rice torch teams on the underneath crossers and Justin Watson being wide the hell open in the middle of the field.
I think we can have our cake and eat it too there.

He isn't gonna sign elsewhere no matter what and have to learn a new offense on another one year deal. I think he is a lock to return, now it's just a matter of can we can get him for playoffs nevertheless.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:49 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana:
Who gets promoted from the practice squad? Ross?
I'd say nobody right now.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:49 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Maybe this helps us resign him to a team friendly deal this offseason?
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:49 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Appeal to authority is never the argument people seem to think it is.
This isn't "appeal to authority". It's citing the results of the very methods you are whining about.
[Reply]
wazu 10:51 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'd say nobody right now.
With I/R, I would presume somebody gets elevated. Just not necessarily a WR. As far as the WR room nothing has really changed from the opener.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:52 AM 09-13-2024
Justyn Ross SZN
[Reply]
Bowser 10:53 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think we can have our cake and eat it too there.

He isn't gonna sign elsewhere no matter what and have to learn a new offense on another one year deal. I think he is a lock to return, now it's just a matter of can we can get him for playoffs nevertheless.
It's a good point about learning a new system. Would be a double bonus if he signed here for a two year deal after getting back to 100%, but now we're getting into the Chiefs philosophy of drafting wideouts, possibly, if we do that. It's nice to have options, though.

Even if he's cleared to play in December, will he be in the all-important "football shape" in time for the playoffs? Maybe my opinion on this will change in the next few months, but as of right now, I'm inclined to let him fully rest and heal and be ready to go in '25.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 43
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up