ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 40
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown [needs surgery - going to IR]
Dante84 08:23 PM 08-10-2024

Hollywood Brown has the same injury that Tyreek Hill suffered in Jacksonville back in 2019, Andy Reid said. He’s at the hospital being checked out.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) August 11, 2024

Story from the 2019 Tyreek injury: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...nt-dislocation

Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, who suffered a dislocation of his sternoclavicular shoulder joint Saturday night, was discharged from a Jacksonville-area hospital this morning and now has been cleared to return to Kansas City.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 11, 2024

#Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to miss four to six weeks with the sternoclavicular injury he suffered, per multiple sources. Opening night is three weeks from this Thursday night.

KC opens up at home vs Baltimore and then Cincinnati. pic.twitter.com/0lUx5mDfUP

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) August 13, 2024

The latest:

Sources: The #Chiefs are placing WR Marquise "Hollywood" Brown on IR, and he will undergo surgery to repair his dislocated SC joint. After multiple imaging studies, it was determined that, although Hollywood felt better, his injury was not healing correctly. Without corrective… pic.twitter.com/xtRRMvmseq

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) September 13, 2024

[Reply]
KCUnited 08:53 PM 08-10-2024
We should start changing our approach going into this season
[Reply]
srvy 08:54 PM 08-10-2024
Well, I would still like to have our full arsenal. Did Worthy play or is he nicked up?
[Reply]
BWillie 08:54 PM 08-10-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
You don’t get better at playing football by not playing football
We don't need to get better at playing football.

We are the top dog.

The bottom feeders, do.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:56 PM 08-10-2024
Sort of a bummer but we've got Steele so nbd.
[Reply]
philfree 08:56 PM 08-10-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Love playing starters in meaningless preseason games
If he can't take the hits he's not going to be a starter for long. It was the first play to and at some point these guys need a little live fire. That said Brown doesn't need to be running routes where he's going to get smashed.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:57 PM 08-10-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
We don't need to get better at playing football.

We are the top dog.

The bottom feeders, do.
I can at least see the argument for younger players/new arrivals to be out there but even then it’s a stretch. Mahomes, Kelce and CJ definitely should not be.
[Reply]
kevrunner 08:58 PM 08-10-2024
Tyreek was hurt 09/08/2019, 1st game of the year, he came back 10/13/2019, the 6th game of year. I remember the play when Tyreek got hurt, I thought Jalen Ramsey intentionally tried to injure Tyreek. They look similar but I don’t think Hollywood got the full follow through like Tyreek did. Hopefully Hollywood misses only a couple weeks at most.

Here’s Hollywood’s play:

Here’s the look at the shoulder injury to Hollywood Brown pic.twitter.com/S7fgZ7VT2e

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) August 10, 2024

[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:59 PM 08-10-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
If he can't take the hits he's not going to be a starter for long. It was the first play to and at some point these guys need a little live fire. That said Brown doesn't need to be running routes where he's going to get smashed.
I’ve always found that the less hits you take (especially in meaningless preseason games), the less chance you’ll get hurt. It’s needless risk in the end.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:59 PM 08-10-2024
Love playing starters in meaningless preseason games
Yeah let's change things up.

We've won 3 Super Bowls in the last 5 seasons while being one of the least injured teams in the NFL.

Andy's preseason strategy obviously isn't working.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:00 PM 08-10-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Yeah let's change things up.

We've won 3 Super Bowls in the last 5 seasons while being one of the least injured teams in the NFL.

Andy's preseason strategy obviously isn't working.
Let me know how many injuries to the starters it would take to change your mind on that.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 PM 08-10-2024
Let me know how many injuries to the starters it would take to change your mind on that.
Would 3 straight Super Bowl wins change your? Or Andy’s whole career of doing it?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:03 PM 08-10-2024
Hard to say. Pretty sure I'd be smart enough not to judge something time-tested by one outlier preseason...let alone judge it by the first play in the first preseason game.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:03 PM 08-10-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Would 3 straight Super Bowl wins change your? Or Andy’s whole career of doing it?
Would a Mahomes freak injury today do it? Is that it would take?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:03 PM 08-10-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Hard to say. Pretty sure I'd be smart enough not to judge something time-tested by one outlier preseason...let alone judge it by the first play in the first preseason game.
Football players getting injured playing football isn’t an outlier.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:06 PM 08-10-2024
They can be dangerous depends how bad
[Reply]
Page 3 of 40
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up