ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**** TLO's Guide to Chiefs Training Camp in St Joe ****
TLO 12:41 PM 07-17-2024
Hello www.chiefsplanet.com friends!

If you're planning to come to St. Joe for training camp, and make the unwise decision to spend any time in this town outside of the confines of Missouri Western State University- let me be your tour guide on this magical adventure.

First of all, we don't have a ton of local restaurants I would call "must visit". Go to Hoof and Horn if you want a decent steak. Frederick Inn isn't a bad place to eat either. We have like 14 Mcdonald's, so that's something. We have a ton of other fast food places and chain restaurants.

Need some supplies? AVOID the Walmart on South Belt. Take the extra few minutes to go to North Belt Walmart or better yet, Target. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU GO TO SOUTH BELT WALMART.

This is pretty much true of the entire city though. Anything south of 36 Highway is kind of a no go zone. Until you get down by Menards at least. Just go North from Missouri Western and thank me later.

If you decide to venture West, stop before you hit Elwood. You have to go across a big ass bridge to get there, so drive your car into the Missouri River if you have to. Your experience crashing into the river will be just as enjoyable and likely smell better than Elwood.

If anyone has any questions about St. Joe, I'm sure I, or another of my St. Joe brethren can answer for you!
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 06:03 PM 07-17-2024
Thanks for the info. We are coming up the 31st and 1st for training camp. Last year we visited the Pony Express Museum. We enjoyed that. Is there something else we shouldn't miss? We will have one afternoon that we can explore. Any help is appreciated!
[Reply]
TLO 06:03 PM 07-17-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan63:
Thanks for the info. We are coming up the 31st and 1st for training camp. Last year we visited the Pony Express Museum. We enjoyed that. Is there something else we shouldn't miss? We will have one afternoon that we can explore. Any help is appreciated!
The Glore Psychiatric Museum is pretty cool, if you're into that sort of thing.

The Patee House Museum is also neat.
[Reply]
TLO 06:04 PM 07-17-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Best gas station bathroom to do heroin?
US Oil on 22nd and Messanie.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:13 PM 07-17-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
US Oil on 22nd and Messanie.
Do they have free dispensers?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:23 PM 07-17-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Any updates on what's actually happening at camp? Nobody gives a shit what the best restaurant is.
I hope you get a paper clip stuck underneath your big toe nail
[Reply]
cmh6476 06:41 PM 07-17-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Best gas station bathroom to do heroin?
Woody's
[Reply]
Arch Stanton 07:36 PM 07-17-2024
What about Boudreaux's?
[Reply]
Bowser 07:40 PM 07-17-2024
Go by 54th Street and have a Long Island Iced Tea in Nzoner's honor.

I know he ended up giving up the booze, but I also do remember at one time that was his go-to when he would go to training camp.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:25 PM 07-17-2024
Suddenly I think of the scene in shawshank where the new fish come in and was asked if there were any questions.

Guy says "When do we eat?"
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:00 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Go by 54th Street and have a Long Island Iced Tea in Nzoner's honor.

I know he ended up giving up the booze, but I also do remember at one time that was his go-to when he would go to training camp.
I've spent more time in that place than most of the restaurants in the town where I live. Don't forget the spinach dip while you're there.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:29 AM 07-18-2024
If you want to go to a bar (drink some beer) I'd suggest going down on Frederick to:

Hi-Ho
Norty's
River Bluff Brewing

All within walking distance of each other.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:04 AM 07-18-2024
Adams and first ward
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:35 AM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
If you want to go to a bar (drink some beer) I'd suggest going down on Frederick to:

Hi-Ho
Norty's
River Bluff Brewing

All within walking distance of each other.
Provident Brunch House & Brewry (formerly angry swede) is under new ownership and worth a visit as well

https://maps.app.goo.gl/bJxSQ2d5h7Uq1pDE8
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:49 AM 07-18-2024
They need to move camp out of that dump
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:50 PM 07-18-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
They need to move camp out of that dump
Well, our players apparently think Arrowhead's facilities are Auschwitz, so maybe it's an upgrade?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up