ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>An Excellent Colin Cowherd Take on the Chiefs
pugsnotdrugs19 01:49 PM Yesterday

"This is the Patriots. Best coach, best quarterback, hyper aggressive defense and totally comfortable in close games late."

@ColinCowherd on Kansas City's 22-17 win pic.twitter.com/KOHR1gxfoc

— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) September 23, 2024

Well worth your five minutes.

I always appreciate a good third party POV like this. Feels like he’s giving it to everyone as straight up and real as possible.
[Reply]
xztop123 04:23 PM Yesterday
I think refs proved they call stuff over n over with the lining up for ot
[Reply]
xztop123 04:34 PM Yesterday
Is Nick the most blatant homer of any sports host in tv history?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:34 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by xztop123:
Doesn't hurt that he's also CORRECT!
[Reply]
teedubya 04:37 PM Yesterday
That's a good take. The NFL probably doesn't want KC to win all these games. But suck it, NFL.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:30 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by xztop123:

He’s so over the top a lot of people find it charming.

He does it with a smile on his face. Unlike a certain old shriveled penis Cowboys homer who got fired recently
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:35 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Eisen is also fantastic.
Rich Eisen is the gold standard of broadcasting to me.

I really, really don't like that the sports media world has become this 24/7 news talking head bullshit, but if I have to watch someone to get their opinion, I'm watching Rich Eisen.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:03 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He’s so over the top a lot of people find it charming.

He does it with a smile on his face. Unlike a certain old shriveled penis Cowboys homer who got fired recently
Dirty little secret?

Wildes makes that show.

Goddamn he's good. The dry wit he sneaks in there every now and then just kills me.

The gobsmacked look he gave Broussard this afternoon when Broussard says "I mean I didn't say it publicly but internally..."

And Wildes just throws his hands up and says "You're a TELEVISION PERSONALITY - what good is your inner monologue?!?!"

Wildes slays me, man.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:41 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dirty little secret?

Wildes makes that show.

Goddamn he's good. The dry wit he sneaks in there every now and then just kills me.

The gobsmacked look he gave Broussard this afternoon when Broussard says "I mean I didn't say it publicly but internally..."

And Wildes just throws his hands up and says "You're a TELEVISION PERSONALITY - what good is your inner monologue?!?!"

Wildes slays me, man.
His alcoholic grandmother intro segments to Upset Alert have been hilarious.

"My grandmother goes through airport security, gets pulled aside, and says, "Why? I'm not driving the plane!!"
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 11:01 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
LOL, I would argue it's becoming more sustainable because like New England, it's becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The Chiefs expect good things to happen in close games, opponents expect to make mistakes against them.

Teams are getting caught up in the pinstripes and banners.
Originally Posted by :
The phenomenon was first described in a study titled "Quitters Never Win: The (Adverse) Incentive Effects of Competing with Superstars"[1] by Jennifer Brown, which examined the performance of golfers at events with and without Tiger Woods. In contradiction to what intuition would suggest (namely that increased rivalry encourages better performance), Brown found that the presence of a superstar was, in fact, associated with reduced competitor’s efforts in rank-order tournaments. The explanation she provides is an economic model in which competing is costly - one might hurt themselves, for instance - thus when the chance of winning is very low, the participant is discouraged from performing to their best abilities, as it is not worthwhile.

The study uses data from the Professional Golfers' Association (PGA) that contains round-by-round scores for all players in every tournament from 1999 to 2006 and hole-by-hole results for all events from 2002 to 2006. During this period, golfer Tiger Woods was performing significantly better than any other player, with scores in regular and major events being lower than the group mean in all years except 2004.[1] His consistent and dominant performance earned him the title of superstar. Hence, the data is filtered creating a subset of tournaments Tiger Woods was a part of and other players' performances are compared to when they were competing against Woods to when they were not. The analysis yields that on events when the highly skilled golfers were competing against Tiger Woods, their performance was considerably worse - with scores almost one stroke higher on average - than on events where Tiger Woods was absent. On the other hand, lower-ranked golfers are less or not at all affected by his presence. Brown notes that this could be due to the fact that the stakes are not as high for lower-ranked golfers to start with.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstar_effect
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 04:58 AM Today
Cowherd is worthless.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:19 AM Today
Teams pull out all the stops to beat us. Lots of 4th down attempts and money plays they throw at KC
[Reply]
lcarus 06:50 AM Today
The officials thing goes both ways. Maybe a bad call there but then they called 17 on the next Falcons drive.

Then you look at the Bills and Packers games last year. Just the first 2 that come to mind. I'm sure there's more. The Chiefs don't "get all the calls in critical situations". They get fucked here and there and they benefit here and there like every other team in the league.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up