ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>TSA Pre-Check
Fat Elvis 11:47 AM Today
Anyone do TSA Pre-Check? If so, how long does the application process take? Looks like you have to pre-apply, and then take documents into a special service location and get fingerprinted. After that, how long does it take to get your pre-check approved?

Thanks!

Fat E
[Reply]
2112 06:33 PM Today
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
Anyone do TSA Pre-Check? If so, how long does the application process take? Looks like you have to pre-apply, and then take documents into a special service location and get fingerprinted. After that, how long does it take to get your pre-check approved?

Thanks!

Fat E
It took me a total of a week or two. From application, to fingerprint to appointment with identa go to getting my known traveler number. This was like 10 years ago though. It’s pretty easy. The background check took 3 days.

Also, my united credit card credited the $85.00 charge.
[Reply]
2112 06:40 PM Today
Just read the whole thread lol didn’t realize Daface is a billionaire/philanthropist/international playboy. How was Japan?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:09 PM Today
Originally Posted by DaFace:
:-)

We're very different people. Not only do I fly a lot, but I keep an ongoing map to track it. Here's my 2024.
I used to fly frequently for work, and the last 3 trips were horrible. I'm done I have no overwhelming desire to visit another continent at this point, and thanks to Ike, and can get to anywhere I want in a reasonable amount of time.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:15 PM Today
Its an absolute must if you travel even more than every once in a while
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 07:39 PM Today
Worth every penny. I travel a decent amount and I've made it to at least 3 flights that I would have missed without it. Plus, you usually don't get stuck behind families, most people who pay for it know what to do when it comes to how the bags work on the belt and the x-ray machine and as a small added bonus you don't have to take your shoes off.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:43 PM Today
Do it. Totally worth it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 PM Today
2003-2004 I was working for Homeland Security. I was in charge of 4 states security in the KC homeland security offices. I was also the admin for the KCI airport ID's. At the time you could bypass security if your name was on the list. Mostly senators, congressman etc. were on the list.

All I had to do was right click and add someone into that queue and they by pass all security. Suitcase full of explosives come on down.

There were 16 of us running this across the USA. Al-Quaeda found about it and someone came up with the idea to kidnap one of the 16 family member and unless we add their person to that exception queue they would kill our family member. The reason we found out about it was their government lawyers made them tell us 16 techs. We were not pleased. Threaten to walk.

After a week they changed the adding of people to that queue to Washington.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:01 PM Today
They need to raise the price for pre check so not so many people get it
[Reply]
DaFace 08:18 PM Today
Originally Posted by 2112:
Just read the whole thread lol didn’t realize Daface is a billionaire/philanthropist/international playboy. How was Japan?
Ha, I wish. I do use credit card rewards exclusively to buy some nice flights, though.

Japan was great! We went in July, which I don't necessarily recommend (highs in the 90s every day, rain most days, and crazy humid). I love public transit, though, and it was a fantastic trip for that. We spent time in Tokyo (with a day trip to Hakone) and Kyoto (with day trips to Osaka and Hiroshima).

Beautiful country. Friendly people. Great food. And the exchange rate is HIGHLY in our favor right now. (The flights are pricey - see the credit card reward comment - but otherwise it wasn't any more expensive than a typical domestic trip.)

I highly recommend it aside from the fact that they're feeling a bit over touristed as a country, so expect crowds.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:51 PM Today
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
They need to raise the price for pre check so not so many people get it
Considering that the long-term goal is for 100 percent of people to use pre-check, I'm guessing that they won't do that. Well, they may raise prices, but not for that reason.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Worth every penny. I travel a decent amount and I've made it to at least 3 flights that I would have missed without it. Plus, you usually don't get stuck behind families, most people who pay for it know what to do when it comes to how the bags work on the belt and the x-ray machine and as a small added bonus you don't have to take your shoes off.
Once I'm about to arrive at the airport, I'll prep. I'll empty my pockets, take off my hat, etc., and put them all in my backpack. Once I arrive, my goal is to swish through in 10 seconds. There's usually someone in front of me who slows me down, but every once in a while I'll hit it right and cruise through without stopping.

I need to consider upgrading to Global Entry. I don't go international very often any more, but I have a couple of trips planned, so maybe it'll be worth it.
[Reply]
Spott 09:31 PM Today
I fly every week and have had TSA Pre-Check since 2019. I fly out of Orlando, which is a very busy airport and it never takes more than 5 minutes to get through security. My renewal was $70 for an additional 5 years, which is a bargain compared to Clear which saves you maybe 2 minutes max over regular Pre-Check. They keep trying to upsell Clear every time I’m at the airport, but I’m not paying all that extra money to maybe save 1-2 minutes in line.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 09:45 PM Today
Best travel money I have ever spent. Highly recommended.
[Reply]
George Liquor 09:54 PM Today
I dont fly enough to do it, but you can just now pay $200 and fill out a form to skip the TSA checkpoint?

Goes to show you how arbitrary those bastards are now.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:22 PM Today
Originally Posted by George Liquor:
I dont fly enough to do it, but you can just now pay $200 and fill out a form to skip the TSA checkpoint?

Goes to show you how arbitrary those bastards are now.
It comes with a thorough background check. That's the point. And while a vast majority of people are approved, some aren't.

And even then, you don't just skip security. It's just a pared down experience where you don't have to remove shoes or jackets, laptops and small liquids can stay in your bags, and you go through a metal detector rather than a full body scanner.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up