ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>9.18 Royals v Tigers
cmh6476 05:53 PM Yesterday
Way to get out of that marsh
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:42 PM Yesterday
Royals are taking Vicodin, Valium and vodka.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:44 PM Yesterday
Add in Skubal throwing out runners and he’s approaching 100 pitches
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:46 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
The team picked the wrong month to go into a slump. I've been really frustrated watching the Royals hit into double plays to ruin rally innings. I'm not sure what the manager can do differently however I blame him for the failures like I did with Reid when Smith would fail.

Even when there's a great effort by the pitching, the offense just doesn't seem to get it done. I suppose if you don't have the horses, you aren't going to win many races.
To your point, the Tigers are coached by a championship pedigree manager (whatever on the cheating, he has a ring). Look at that past inning. They sent slow as hell Spencer Torkelson and forced a throw. Go back to Monday. Our howdy doody, play it safe team keeps Garret Hampson on 3rd on a fly ball that would’ve scored any average runner.

Tigers playing like aggressive bullies. Royals playing like scared pussies. That’s on coaching.

I hope it didn’t cost us a playoff spot but I think it may have ultimately done just that.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:48 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
To your point, the Tigers are coached by a championship pedigree manager (whatever on the cheating, he has a ring). Look at that past inning. They sent slow as hell Spencer Torkelson and forced a throw. Go back to Monday. Our howdy doody, play it safe team keeps Garret Hampson on 3rd on a fly ball that would’ve scored any average runner.

Tigers playing like aggressive bullies. Royals playing like scared pussies. That’s on coaching.

I hope it didn’t cost us a playoff spot but I think it may have ultimately done just that.
Yep, a lot of batters have no patience. They swing at the first pitch and look like they are trying to hit a five run homer. If you don't play to win, you are playing to lose. Much like Marty would fail by playing scared, it's hard to watch the Royals doing the same. I expect that out of the top of the lineup yet the bottom of the lineup seems to just be 1, 2, 3 on six pitches. That really hurts our starter and gives the opponent momentum and confidence knowing once they get through the top of our lineup, it's a cakewalk.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:49 PM Yesterday
Can't say I'm too torn up since the Royals have long been relegated to distraction until the football season arrives status, but it's fucking pathetic that they've even gotten to the point where missing the playoffs altogether seems to be a very real possibility given where they were.
[Reply]
TLO 06:52 PM Yesterday
Assuming we lose tonight, what does the playoff picture look like?
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:54 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Can't say I'm too torn up since the Royals have long been relegated to distraction until the football season arrives status, but it's fucking pathetic that they've even gotten to the point where missing the playoffs altogether seems to be a very real possibility given where they were.
I agree to a point; didn't have any expectations for the Royals this year and they have been a pleasant surprise. For them to blow it now is just a kick in the nuts. They spent money trying to keep it going and it hasn't worked out.
[Reply]
ping2000 06:55 PM Yesterday
Out of gas. Bone dry tank.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:56 PM Yesterday
I’m pounding midol right now

Is it making the royals any better???
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:59 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pablo:

No. Pass the bong...
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:00 PM Yesterday

Cramps?
[Reply]
baitism 07:01 PM Yesterday
Epic late season choke.
[Reply]
tk13 07:09 PM Yesterday
We just can't catch a break on a play like that right now. Great catch.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:12 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Cramps?
Yep. I get all emotional with belly aches and stuff when I watch the royals play like this
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:13 PM Yesterday
Yep. I get all emotional with belly aches and stuff when I watch the royals play like this
That’s fair.

I’ve been nauseous lately watching them. 🤢
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up