ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Raiders
Best22 10:08 PM Yesterday
They no longer have Davante Adams. But their coach made a big deal about beating the Chiefs
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 09:32 AM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I do want to warn the chat here that it's possible that the Raiders put up more of a fight than we think, especially in the early going, and we walk out of this game saying "we beat this crap team by only ten points?"

The Raiders are not a very good team at all. But they do two things well, and they're both weaknesses of the Chiefs'.

The first is they have two really good tight ends, and we struggle to mark tight ends.

The second is that they have a ferocious edge rusher in Crosby. Arguably the best there is. Crosby is going to torture Wanya Morris. And he's extremely smart as well, he's not some mindless Nick Bosa monster that you can confuse.

So I do think this game will have its hiccups and we'll wonder "wtf is up with Mahomes" as Wanya is getting destroyed off the edge, and Minshew organizes a couple early drives that are tight-end heavy and put points on the board.

But the Raiders can't capitalize on this, because Minshew is in over his head. Once Spags gets 1.5 quarters in, he'll have Minshew dead to rights.

Maxx could legitimately have a career game this week if the Chiefs don't help Wanya, and I bet they break tradition and do exactly that. Because if you can neutralize Maxx, or at least limit the damage he can do, there's not a whole lot standing between this Chiefs team and a 30-burger.

32-13, Chiefs.
I gave up expecting to win divisional games by more than 7 points years ago. The raiders are a dumpster fire but there's nothing they would enjoy more than fucking up our season. When we were bad and the Broncos or Chargers or Raiders were good, making their lives hell was a highlight of the season.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:48 AM Today
Chiefs get Kevin Harlan and Trent Green on Sunday!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

Believe this is our first game of the season that isn't the national game? I may have to actually expend some effort to look for a feed for this one.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 11:17 AM Today

I hate how NFC vs NFC games are on CBS (and vice versa for FOX).
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Believe this is our first game of the season that isn't the national game? I may have to actually expend some effort to look for a feed for this one.
Same. I've been using the Dofu app, and smart view to watch out of market games
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 11:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I do want to warn the chat here that it's possible that the Raiders put up more of a fight than we think, especially in the early going, and we walk out of this game saying "we beat this crap team by only ten points?"

The Raiders are not a very good team at all. But they do two things well, and they're both weaknesses of the Chiefs'.

The first is they have two really good tight ends, and we struggle to mark tight ends.

The second is that they have a ferocious edge rusher in Crosby. Arguably the best there is. Crosby is going to torture Wanya Morris. And he's extremely smart as well, he's not some mindless Nick Bosa monster that you can confuse.

So I do think this game will have its hiccups and we'll wonder "wtf is up with Mahomes" as Wanya is getting destroyed off the edge, and Minshew organizes a couple early drives that are tight-end heavy and put points on the board.

But the Raiders can't capitalize on this, because Minshew is in over his head. Once Spags gets 1.5 quarters in, he'll have Minshew dead to rights.

Maxx could legitimately have a career game this week if the Chiefs don't help Wanya, and I bet they break tradition and do exactly that. Because if you can neutralize Maxx, or at least limit the damage he can do, there's not a whole lot standing between this Chiefs team and a 30-burger.

32-13, Chiefs.
Clearly, Crosby and their good tight ends are what we have to worry about.

And this won’t be a trap game, which I think the Christmas game last year was. The Chiefs will go into this fully knowing what they need to do.

I agree that we need to do something to help Deal with Crosby. If they just leave it to Wayna it won’t be enough, although hopefully it will be not as bad as last year because he seems to have improved.

On the tight end front against Kittle, he caught 6 of 7 targets for 92 yards. I actually feared he would do better than that so I think they have improved a bit in addressing a weakness of defending tight ends.

We should definitely win this game.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:01 PM Today
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Quick check on the Raiders right now...

via GIPHY

Meh, I've seen dumpster fires that are in better shape than the Raiders right now.

Chiefs 35
Raiders 3
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:02 PM Today

TV Harlan is better than radio Harlan.

I cannot stand rapid-fire play description Harlan. I know it's a radio thing but the man speaks 100 miles an hour.
:-)
[Reply]
New World Order 12:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Meh, I've seen dumpster fires that are in better shape than the Raiders right now.

Chiefs 35
Raiders 3
To be fair this start is very Raiders-esque
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:07 PM Today
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
I hate how NFC vs NFC games are on CBS (and vice versa for FOX).
This is no longer true.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:18 PM Today
Remember the puppet at Raiders training camp?

Well, it's about to be handled.
[Reply]
wazu 12:26 PM Today
I think too much is made of the Chiefs giving up stats to TEs. Weeks 1 and 2 they gave up a lot to Isaiah Likely and Mike Gesicki. Both situations we were shutting down their top receiving options and they were stuck trying to move the ball with guys that are 3rd or 4th options. Other than that it's really only yesterday when we gave up some to George Kittle. Even there he didn't score, and held to under 100 yards, and he's George Kittle.

Brock Bowers looks really good. In this case, though, he's the biggest receiving threat on the team. They have nobody else. Spags will have a plan for him.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:31 PM Today

Welp, no Chiefs for me next week.

Goddamn Bears.
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:32 PM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
Spags will have a plan for him.
The plan will be absolutely destroying yet another shitty Raiders QB. Minshew is hot garbage.
[Reply]
Woogieman 12:33 PM Today
If you love shootouts, Sunday may be a good day to verticut, plug, and seed your lawn. Seed it.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up