ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>CeeDee Lamb gets paid
tk13 12:01 PM 08-26-2024

ESPN Sources: Cowboys and All-Pro WR CeeDee Lamb reached agreement today on a record four-year, $136 million deal that now makes him the second highest-paid non-QB in NFL history. The deal includes a $38 million signing bonus, the largest ever given to a wide receiver.

Tory… pic.twitter.com/sROENDZJ22

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 26, 2024

[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 02:24 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I like how old school Jerry is. He doesn't ever wanna pay until the last year. Then it just ends up costing him more money.
When any year could be your last you might as well keep putting shit off.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:43 PM 08-26-2024
Unless you draft a stud and convince him to sign a team friendly deal. I would be drafting a wr every year in one of the first 3 rounds.

Converting a big wr to the te position.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:44 PM 08-26-2024
WR basically became the 2nd most important position in football as the rules changed.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:52 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
WR basically became the 2nd most important position in football as the rules changed.
and we still one a SB with a subpar group.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:44 PM 08-26-2024
From a local news source here in Texas:

Originally Posted by :
The Dallas Cowboys sign star wide receiver CeeDee Lamb to a 4 year deal worth 136 million dollars with a 38 million dollar signing bonus and 100 million dollars guaranteed. This move will solidify the Cowboys chances of finishing second or third in the division and a chance to exit the playoffs in the first round. Stay tuned for continuing coverage here on KSLE News 33.

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:54 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I think Prescott is not coming back.

They have to keep Parsons.
Agreed, I think they will let Prescott try the open market and will only sign him if the deal is right. Someone will overpay because that's what teams do now at that position and he will be gone.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:34 PM 08-26-2024
Heard an on-air conversation recently saying that some are predicting that this trend is going to change because of the current plethora of WR talent in college football. Why pay a vet when you can find talented rookies for far less. Time will tell.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 05:45 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Somewhere rfaulk is crying as he envisions the Chase contract.
Nah. I was just saying over at my place, this contract pretty much writes Ja'Marr's.

4 yrs 140M, 110M guaranteed, 40M signing bonus. I'd do that in a heartbeat. It's gonna be much higher next year.

The @Enquirer has learned details of what happened when the Vikings waited a year to pay Justin Jefferson and how much the price changed from the original offer

And it's why the Bengals should pay Ja'Marr Chase before this season: https://t.co/gUxZpU9yWU

— Kelsey Conway (@KelseyLConway) August 26, 2024

They'll lose Tee next year for nothing more than a compensatory pick, just like they did Bates and someone else will step up into the #2 role; Iosivas or Burton. We're super deep at WR...but you know, nothing like the #1 KC Chiefs WR room. :-)
[Reply]
rfaulk34 05:53 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:

6 out of 10’of highest paid non QB’s on APY basis now are WR’s. And it will grow.

Been saying…It’s the second most valuable position in modern day football for many different reasons.
Follow the 💰💰💰💰

— Louis Riddick (@LRiddickESPN) August 26, 2024

[Reply]
DRM08 05:58 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
I think the WR's are overpaid. The Chiefs won back to back Super Bowls right after dumping arguably the most valuable WR in the whole league. There is some crazy TJ Watt statistic where the Steelers lose 90% of their games when he's out with injury. You would be hard pressed to find QB's with that level of impact on their team.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 06:15 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think the WR's are overpaid. The Chiefs won back to back Super Bowls right after dumping arguably the most valuable WR in the whole league. There is some crazy TJ Watt statistic where the Steelers lose 90% of their games when he's out with injury. You would be hard pressed to find QB's with that level of impact on their team.
When you have Mahomes, losing a WR isn't that big of a hit.

When you have a pile of shit at QB, losing Watt is a big hit.

Both guys change games.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 06:17 PM 08-26-2024
As far as 'overpaid'. We can argue and debate all day long but the market is the market. It sets itself and you either follow or lose talent.

Revenue sharing goes up every year, cap goes up every year. That money has to go somewhere and the NFL front offices decide where it goes.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:18 PM 08-26-2024
2nd most to every team but ours. Mahomes doesn't need an over paid WR. We spent money on DL and OL and it works for us.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:21 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
As far as 'overpaid'. We can argue and debate all day long but the market is the market. It sets itself and you either follow or lose talent.

Revenue sharing goes up every year, cap goes up every year. That money has to go somewhere and the NFL front offices decide where it goes.
I mean overpaid compared to other players. Tight End seems like the obvious comparison. Makes no sense for very impactful players like Gronk, Kittle, and Kelce to cost 50% less than the top end of the WR market.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:22 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
2nd most to every team but ours. Mahomes doesn't need an over paid WR. We spent money on DL and OL and it works for us.

Can't look at it from KC's perspective. Mahomes is effectively a 1-of-1. That skews the entire picture from 'go.' There's no more Brady, Manning, Brees, etc. type QBs that could instantaneously elevate the play of their receivers, hell, their entire offensive units, in the league anymore. It's just Mahomes. For now, anyway.

For any other team, with a mortal QB, they have to have good or great WRs to perform anywhere near the Chiefs level. It's just how it is right now.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up