ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Worst First day on the job ever?
DJJasonp 09:37 AM Today
I'd like to know more about the ankle monitor before I comment........ :-)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/colorado-...202251481.html

A Colorado man lost both his legs after a freak accident with a wood chipper during the first day of his new job.

John O’Neill, 33, had been chucking tree branches into a machine in Longmont when a branch shaped like a fish hook got caught on his court-ordered ankle monitor and dragged him inside. The blades cut his toes, foot, ankle and legs. He was 15 minutes into his shift around 10:18 a.m. on September 24.

“Something happened in my brain to where I realized I was in fear for a lot more than just losing my leg or my foot,” O’Neill told The Denver Post.

He then grabbed the edge of the wood chipper trying to hold on. His coworkers didn’t immediately hear his cries for help because of their protective ear gear.

“It took a minute before my coworkers realized what was happening,” O’Neill told the outlet. “The pain was very — it was not there almost...I didn’t really feel the pain as much as I knew I was in trouble. It went from a fight for my limb to a fight for my life, very fast.”

When his coworkers managed to pull him out, the blade had reached his mid-thigh area. Police arrived at the job site and took him to a local hospital. He was then he was flown to St. Anthony Hospital in Lakewood, Colorado.

On his way to the hospital, he “technically died,” the outlet reported.

“My heart stopped. …They essentially replaced all the blood in my body,” said O’Neill.

His legs were later amputated above the knee. O’Neill only realized what happened when he woke up in his hospital bed the day after the incident.

His family has rushed to be by his side. When his mother found out about what happened, she was so panic-stricken doctors admitted her to the hospital for three days.

O’Neill declined to name his employer or say whether he planned to take legal action against the company. He plans to get prosthetics and commits more time to volunteering. He’s hoping his new platform will give him a chance to advocate for issues he cares about, including sobriety from drug and alcohol addiction.

A GoFundMe page set up to help O’Neill with his future goals has reached over $27,000 out of a $30,000 goal.
[Reply]
JimNasium 12:35 PM Today
I hope he has a leg to stand on in a potential lawsuit against his employer.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 12:47 PM Today
You people don't have a shred of decency. Guy is just trying to grind out a hard day at work and i'm stumped as to why you think this is funny.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Let's trace back the timeline of this story.

10. Dude loses both of his legs by getting stuck in wood chipper.
9. Dude's ankle monitor gets caught in tree branch
8. Dude pleads guilty to breaking and entering, gets home arrest sentence.
7. Dude sees a guy driving home from the Apple Store with a new computer that can be fenced, doesn't notice that the guy has an alarm system in his house.
6. Dude is out of money because he spent it all on heroin and whiskey.
5. Dude discovers that he really likes heroin and whiskey.
4. Dude decides to drink some whiskey.
3. Dude's friend Ryan mentions that his dad forgot to lock up the whiskey the night before.
2. Dude goes to his friend Ryan's house to play the new Call of Duty game.
1. New Call of Duty game comes out.

I think this tragedy can be traced back to violence in video games.
Does this Colorado man live near you Rain Man?
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Does this Colorado man live near you Rain Man?
A few parts may have landed near me.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:11 PM Today
Sue EVERYONE! The new company, the manufacturer or the wood-chipper, and the state for the ankle bracelet impeding work. EVERYONE!!!!

...he's got nothing to lose.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:12 PM Today
Most treadmills have better safety features. WTF?

[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 01:51 PM Today
Would make it hard to false start on the o line.. can he play right tackle?
[Reply]
KCJake 02:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Judge: you owe us $4500 for the ankle monitor, and 6 months in jail for tampering with government property.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:57 PM Today
I dont think I would go back
[Reply]
scho63 03:01 PM Today
The competition now has a few legs up on new business
[Reply]
scho63 03:04 PM Today
Guy is dumb as a stump
[Reply]
notorious 03:05 PM Today
He was such a chipper fellow before the accident.
[Reply]
scho63 03:07 PM Today
This thread is legendary and Hall of Classics worthy just after 1 page of posts.

I'm laughing my balls off with the rest of you sick bastards!

All going to hell on the same bus. :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 03:10 PM Today
A misunderstanding?:-)

[Reply]
scho63 03:11 PM Today
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
You people don't have a shred of decency. Guy is just trying to grind out a hard day at work and i'm stumped as to why you think this is funny.
You Cincy fans are stumped as to why this is funny.

Just chili out.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up