ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Jaylen Watson Thread*****
Dante84 04:14 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

Jaylen Watson was drafted with pick 243 of round 7 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.21 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 159 out of 2001 CB from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/jSuO8mu17Y #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/YJuF6Gte7P

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 30, 2022

Originally Posted by :
Watson was an all-region receiver and also played cornerback at Lucy C. Laney High School in Augusta, Georgia, before moving across the country to play at Ventura College in California. He was a two-time junior college All-American cornerback there, signing with USC for 2019 but not enrolling in school. Watson went to Pullman instead for the 2020 season, earning honorable mention All-Pac-12 honors that fall (13 tackles, two pass breakups in three starts) as well as in 2021, when he posted 31 tackles, two interceptions, three pass breakups and ranked second in the FBS with four fumble recoveries in 12 starts. He opted out of the team's bowl game to prepare for the NFL draft. -- by Chad Reuter
Originally Posted by :
Overview-- by Lance Zierlein
Watson is big and strong. He can be a physical presence when he's playing with patience from press coverage. With just two years of experience at the FBS level, he's predictably raw with his fundamentals, but the lack of agility and short-area quickness should be more than just short-term concerns. Currently, he's unable to stay in phase with quality route runners but does have physical traits that might warrant a practice squad stint for defenses reliant upon Cover 2 and/or Cover 3 schemes.
Strengths
-Good size, strength and length.
-Fought through adversity to find an FBS home.
-Developmental traits for zone-heavy units.
-Displayed improved fundamentals in 2021.
-Very physical in bullying the release from press.
-Strong punch drives through wideout's shoulders.
-Overwhelms catch point on contested catches.
-Willing hitter with plus strength in run support.
Weaknesses
-Impatient and often overextends in matching release in press.
-Lacks foot agility and quickness for man coverage.
-Footwork through transitions is sloppy and slow.
-Gets routed out of position fairly easily.
-Looked overmatched against USC wideouts.
-Doesn't trust his eyes just yet.
-Takes poor angles and lacks a credible burst to close on throws.
-Doesn't find the football in downfield route phase.

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:54 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by xztop123:
I don’t understand this.
What don't you get ??

Wilson with huge talented WRs in Denver

Oakland now has Adams along with Waller with a sneaky good slot in Renfrow

Chargers - we all know Allen and Williams
[Reply]
loochy 04:55 PM 04-30-2022
OMG this guy will be in the ring of honor one day
[Reply]
staylor26 04:57 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
In time, yes.

This year?

Kid is raaaaaaaw. I’d be really surprised if he’s close to NFL ready this season.
I had a 4th round grade on him, so my bias is probably showing.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:16 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by xztop123:
We used to do just fine with late round low investment cb

It’s one reason we were able to have such a powerful offense. We didn’t spend heavy on defensive backs.

And for good reason. The nfl doesn’t allow a lot of room for them to flourish. They basically dictate (the refs) the entire game in terms of what they’re alllwed to do.
I get what you're saying. But cincy was an eye opener. And with the rush on WRs this year it's safe to say we can't have more Jamar chase games.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:40 PM 04-30-2022
He seems like a cool dude from the video in the OP. Hope he sticks.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:43 PM 04-30-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I wouldn’t be shocked if this guy takes Baker’s roster spot.
We can only hope

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mecca 09:47 PM 04-30-2022
Watson is a prime PS candidate. He'd 24 he's played less than a thousand snaps because academics.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:06 PM 05-10-2022

Rookie Jaylen Watson’s reaction to being drafted by the #Chiefs

“Me and my friend looked at each other, our eyes got super big, and they said, ‘This is the Chiefs,’ I was just so excited I started running full speed down the street.”@TheChiefsWire ✍️ https://t.co/m6QOZI3MCj pic.twitter.com/ntgOVGpIKE

— Ed Easton Jr. (@EdEastonJr) May 10, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Watson is a prime PS candidate. He'd 24 he's played less than a thousand snaps because academics.
Yup.

I don't think anyone's gonna bend over backwards to add an overaged 7th round rookie to their active roster. And he seems pumped about being with the Chiefs so he'd probably elect to sign with our PS over others.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up on the practice squad. There's just too many guys with more talent/experience ahead of him. He'd have to elbow past Baker AND Johnson. And hell, that's presuming we don't bring in another veteran. And he'd have to hold off the other CBs in the system who were here last year.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:26 PM 05-10-2022
This guy is like a cross between Mel Blount and Albert Lewis!
[Reply]
RunKC 02:41 PM 05-10-2022
This kid had to go back home when he was academically ineligible and work with his Mom who managed a Wendy’s. Dude was flipping burgers and mopping floors for year and said he (obviously) hated every minute of it.

Glad he made it back and got drafted. These are the types of hungry kids that you want to succeed.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:58 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
This guy is like a cross between Mel Blount and Albert Lewis!
If you threw James Hasty, Kevin Ross, Albert Lewis, and Dale Carter in a blender, you'd get **checks to see what his name is** Jaylen Watson!!
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:02 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Give me all the DBs!
You get a DB and you get a DB and you get a DB
and you get a DB

[Reply]
TLO 08:24 AM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Ok now this is epic
[Reply]
TLO 08:25 AM 06-09-2022