ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Please pray for Jamaica!
Coochie liquor 07:36 PM 07-02-2024
In Ocho Rios right now, and the island is about to get hammered. If you’ve never been, it’s a very poor country, with little to no building codes, and some homes literally made of scrap plywood, and leftover materials. It’s gonna be a really rough go for the people here, and it’s so sad.

We could have left a couple days early, but I vowed to stay later and use my construction skills if needed. In the morning we will be locked in our room for the duration of the storm. It’s not the first hurricane we’ve endured, but it’s not me I’m worried about. The people here will be devastated if this continues at this rate.

Luckily we bought another shroom candy bar before the dispensary closed. So our plan is to stay in the room, but leave the planet for a while!

Please pray for Jamaica, and hopefully see you guys on the flip side!
[Reply]
BWillie 07:27 AM 07-03-2024
Feel the rhythm, Feel the rhyme, Get on up, its hurricane time
[Reply]
Bwana 07:28 AM 07-03-2024
Best up luck to you. A Cat 4 is nothing to mess around with, stay safe.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:31 AM 07-03-2024
Stay safe, prayers to the island.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:31 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
You're very sweet.

Unfortunately, there is so much immediate help that can be given. Have you never been in a natural disaster? Not everyone should run home to raise money in safety.
I was in Oklahoma City the day the F5 tornado hit Moore, Oklahoma. I certainly didn’t drive towards the tornado and try to ensure people were in their basements. I am a member of the Lions club and we were there the next morning providing meals, water, clothes, and helping people find shelter.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 08:02 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I was in Oklahoma City the day the F5 tornado hit Moore, Oklahoma. I certainly didn’t drive towards the tornado and try to ensure people were in their basements. I am a member of the Lions club and we were there the next morning providing meals, water, clothes, and helping people find shelter.
Was in Norman.

One of my fraternity brothers was a storm chaser for a local network. He had to duck into the GM plant to avoid the F5.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:08 AM 07-03-2024
Be safe out there. Praying for you and the people of Jamaica. Huge respect for you staying to help where needed.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:14 AM 07-03-2024
Having lived in Florida for most of my life, I don't worry too much about most hurricanes, but this storm is a monster. I always do my storm prep at the beginning of the season. Get my water, canned goods, non perishables, gas for the generator, etc, so I don't have to scramble at the last second like most people do. This one has me scared. I'll be praying for those in it's path.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 08:29 AM 07-03-2024
Just went through Marietta Oklahoma hours after an F4. I've never been directly through something like that. Crazy
[Reply]
BWillie 08:31 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Just went through Marietta Oklahoma hours after an F4. I've never been directly through something like that. Crazy
I threw a beer can at an F1 in 2008. Knocked over the Dairy Queen in Iowa City behind my house.
[Reply]
Katipan 08:35 AM 07-03-2024
Doesn't you being there the next day tell you how important it is that people like Coochie are there the next day?

It's an island. They can't beam.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:43 AM 07-03-2024
Whatever dude. Nothing I said was rude. I even called it admirable.

There’s nothing wrong with having a different opinion than “good on you, dude.” I didn’t call Coochie stupid or anything. Simply offered a different perspective.
I didn't say you were being rude. He's not asking if he should stay or not. He's asking for prayers for everyone on the island.

Originally Posted by :
If you don’t have anything positive to add, move on to another thread.

[Reply]
stumppy 08:47 AM 07-03-2024
Should have gone to Belize.
[Reply]
loochy 09:12 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
You're very sweet.

Unfortunately, there is so much immediate help that can be given. Have you never been in a natural disaster? Not everyone should run home to raise money in safety.

Hopefully the resources are there for him to use to take advantage of his availability and skills.
[Reply]
TLO 09:17 AM 07-03-2024

[Reply]
TLO 09:17 AM 07-03-2024
Best of luck Coochie man. I hope you make it through safely.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up