ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should we be more worried about the Jets?
gordonelloyd 08:23 PM 07-09-2024
In an earlier thread, I asked who should we be most worried about and concluded that the Jets were number four behind Cincinnati Baltimore and Buffalo. I said that depended on if Rogers returns to his MVP form of 3 years ago.

In reading PFF assessment of strengths of each team I am rethinking the jets. Obviously it all depends on Rogers still. But it is noteworthy that PFF ranks the Jets defence top in the NFL in all three categories: DL, LB, and DB. And the assessment is hard to argue with. at most, they would probably drop a place or two. So very formidable.

On offense, I realized their line had improved, but was struck by PFF grading them at number five. And it was probably smart for them too add depth to their line with their first round draft pick instead of going for a receiver. PFF actually ranks there RB lower than I would. I think Hall is probably only behind McCaffrey. They also rank their receivers fairly low, although Wilson could be among the best and Williams if healthy will be a great addition. And Rogers can make everyone much better. I think they could’ve done a better job in the draft adding to their WR group. Not sure Corley was the best pic at number three. But we will see.

We know Mahomes can beat Allan and Jackson so I am not so worried about Buffalo and Baltimore. I’ve always been most worried about Cincinnati because we know Burroughs can beat us, but Rogers is an unknown quantity. And it looks like he has a better supporting cast than I had realized.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:50 AM 07-10-2024
Our back ups would give the Jets a game.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:39 AM 07-10-2024
All depends on Rodgers health.

They are definitely a well-rounded team but in order for them to reach the elite level they are going to need a QB to put some pts on the board.
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:56 AM 07-10-2024
You just know Rodgers is going to wig out and go for a soul cleansing when times get tough
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:05 AM 07-10-2024
Boeing-maybe

New York-no
[Reply]
BWillie 06:09 AM 07-10-2024
Aaron Rodgers is as old as I am. Ive lost 15 inches from my vertical leap since "the glory days". It now hurts to sleep. Not everyone is Tom Brady. He won't be a Top QB anymore.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:29 AM 07-10-2024
Let me know if Rodgers makes it to the 2nd series of the season. Then we’ll talk.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:42 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan88:
No, Mecoe is on the Chiefs now
Oh fuck he is? I don’t remember him catching one pass last year
[Reply]
TLO 07:22 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Oh **** he is? I don’t remember him catching one pass last year
How the hell do you forget Mecoe?
Mecoe

Mecoe...
[Reply]
TLO 07:23 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Our back ups would give the Jets a game.
The Jets gave the Chiefs a game last season with Zach Wilson at QB.
[Reply]
kcgreene 07:37 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
One time I went to a Chiefs/Jets game and there was a fuckin Lions fan sitting in front of us
Depending what year this was, this sounds like 3 different very depressed fans. (Just seeing it as 2012, the best team that year being the Jets 6 wins)
[Reply]
Eureka 07:42 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
I'd go:
Chiefs
Bengals
Ravens
Bills
Dolphins
Texans
Jets

I could see the Texans missing the playoffs. The perfect trifecta of the "Sophmore slump"... Texans coaching staff and second year studs.

I guess the Jags could turn some heads, I just don't like that Lawrence looks like an Avatar character.
So basically the same teams as last year?
[Reply]
nychief 07:54 AM 07-10-2024
No. Rogers is washed and is going to get everybody fired by midseason.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:15 AM 07-10-2024
What is your problem? 3 titled and 6 AFC title games and you're piss your pants scared of a Jets team with a cooked QB? :-) :-)
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:27 AM 07-10-2024
I think the Jets are going to be a real problem. Rodgers is going to be good enough to win 10 games at least if he stays healthy (a big if). The bigger problem is Mike Williams -- if he can return mostly to form, then their offense becomes near-unstoppable with a healthy Rodgers. Williams is a large injury risk. So I don't know why everybody is hating on you, other than ChiefsPlanet morphed into Arrowhead Pride in 2017.

I think the team this board is sleeping on because they hate them so much is the Bills. The hate we have for that team on this board has created a collective blindspot.

Considering the colossal cap challenges the Bills have this year, they had a brilliant offseason. I think they let the right players walk, they made smart, calculated bargain signings, and they drafted absurdly well.

Overall, the talent around Josh Allen has declined, but it didn't collapse, like it has for the Chargers. That's because the Bills are simply better run.

But if you took a ton of the talent away from Mahomes/Reid, they'd still find a way to win 11 games. We don't want to hear it, because we hate them, but Allen/McDermott are as close to that as the AFC has. They'll win 10+ games, win the AFCE, and get a top 3 seed in the AFC, I think.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:52 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think the Jets are going to be a real problem. Rodgers is going to be good enough to win 10 games at least if he stays healthy (a big if). The bigger problem is Mike Williams -- if he can return mostly to form, then their offense becomes near-unstoppable with a healthy Rodgers. Williams is a large injury risk. So I don't know why everybody is hating on you, other than ChiefsPlanet morphed into Arrowhead Pride in 2017.

I think the team this board is sleeping on because they hate them so much is the Bills. The hate we have for that team on this board has created a collective blindspot.

Considering the colossal cap challenges the Bills have this year, they had a brilliant offseason. I think they let the right players walk, they made smart, calculated bargain signings, and they drafted absurdly well.

Overall, the talent around Josh Allen has declined, but it didn't collapse, like it has for the Chargers. That's because the Bills are simply better run.

But if you took a ton of the talent away from Mahomes/Reid, they'd still find a way to win 11 games. We don't want to hear it, because we hate them, but Allen/McDermott are as close to that as the AFC has. They'll win 10+ games, win the AFCE, and get a top 3 seed in the AFC, I think.
Literally no. To everything you just said.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up