ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pacheco leaving stadium in a walking boot and crutches
Sassy Squatch 06:27 PM 09-15-2024

In a not-so-great update, Pacheco is leaving the stadium on crutches and a walking boot. And so Monday’s tests become all the more important. https://t.co/Koel8Qq8MG

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:35 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Just give Steele the ball more. He needs the reps.
He needs to stop holding the ball so damn high… he was doing that even after the fumble.
[Reply]
scho63 07:38 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
When I saw him on the sidelines he was trying to walk it off. He went down the stairs after the game with no help, so it's probably a twisted ankle or sprain. Don't think its anything serious unless he has a hairline fracture. We'll see.
You and the Mrs made TV after the game was over. Your wife was clear as day. Lol
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:43 PM 09-15-2024
Perine signing is looking better all the time.
[Reply]
493rd 07:56 PM 09-15-2024
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...-on-his-fibula
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 07:59 PM 09-15-2024
Fuck. Losing Pop will really fuck up our offense’s mojo.
[Reply]
SD15 08:05 PM 09-15-2024
Please be okay
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:05 PM 09-15-2024
I googled fibula fracture recovery time and the results were all over the place.

I guess we just wait to find out.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:08 PM 09-15-2024
He seems to get bent awkwardly a lot. No idea how he stays so healthy.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:08 PM 09-15-2024
We’ve been pretty fortunate, for the most part, in regards to injuries to skill positions over this run. Looks like the Piper has come to collect with Hollywood and now potentially this.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:10 PM 09-15-2024
Dell suffered the injury while blocking on Dameon Pierce's 3-yard touchdown run. A pile of players fell on the back of his leg, and he had to be carted off. Fibula fractures can vary, but if all goes well, the injury takes about six to eight weeks to heal.

------

SantinoGomez

10mo ago
emoji:HOU:
I’m an orthopedic surgery resident. He’s going to have surgery on this - operative fixation in general leads to quicker return to sport. Internal fixation allows for earlier weightbearing and faster bone healing (since the bone ends are literally going to be held together as opposed to moving around).

Based on how he fell, he probably has a distal fibula fracture. Depending on where the bone broke, he might have syndesmotic injury - that’s the ligamentous complex between the tibia and the fibula and contributes to ankle joint stability. If it’s torn/disrupted, fixation is straightforward with suture to tie the tibia and fibula together.

In normal humans (ie middle aged adults), weightbearing begins at ~4-6 weeks, bone fully healed at 8-12 weeks, back to full activity at 4-6 months. In Tank, who is a fully healthy 24 year old with the care of an NFL team, don’t be surprised if he’s back for spring workouts.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:12 PM 09-15-2024
Fibula fracture here

It varies, especially for athletes unlike myself, is that it’s supportive of calf and Achilles muscle/tendons

Hopefully it’s something he can bounce back from without complications
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:12 PM 09-15-2024
When I saw him on the sidelines he was trying to walk it off. He went down the stairs after the game with no help, so it's probably a twisted ankle or sprain. Don't think its anything serious unless he has a hairline fracture. We'll see.
Literally no one here sits closer to our sideline, if blowfish says its no big deal... its no big deal
[Reply]
Stryker 08:19 PM 09-15-2024
I hope you are right. Love ya brother!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:35 PM 09-15-2024
If it disaster and he’s out for the foreseeable future, I like what Steele and Perine can give us, but just think we are gonna miss that speed element. And physicality.

Shit, we might just realize he’s a better back than we even think.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:38 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
We’ve been pretty fortunate, for the most part, in regards to injuries to skill positions over this run. Looks like the Piper has come to collect with Hollywood and now potentially this.
Maybe, but…

That’s always been the downside with Hollywood Brown. He’s got some Sammy Watkins in him.

Pacheco is a violent runner. I always expected that guy to break at some point.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up