ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A Level Headed Review Week 5 2024
DenverChief 09:19 PM Yesterday
Bryan Cook with the outstanding pick. Incredible to go up and get that ball and come down inbounds with it.

Methodical first drive after the turn over - can't say one bad thing about it. The O-line was getting good pushed, Pat seems to be seeing things better. Kelce getting involved early and Kareem, glad to see him get his. This is our redemption story this year. Glad to see he is humbled by his experience and ready to play hard for the team he always wanted to play for.

Defense really tightened up the second Saints drive, everything seems to be clicking for the team so far.

Taylor with his obligatory False Start - he is really trying to time his jump kick too perfectly. I understand why but at some point you gotta just wait for the snap cadence.

Is it just me or does Mahomes seem to be throwing low quite a bit - missing a wide open Kelce on that third and 12. I'm not suggesting anything is wrong but something is slightly off with his throws. That was a difficult throw for sure on the run and across the body but something he has made in the past.

Bryan Cook almost with the second pick. Safeties lookin good.

Jody Fortson sighting! Hunt really laid it out for Pat on that block in the backfield.

Hunt seems to just keep taking yards in CHUNKS on runs. Last 3 runs at this point were 8 yards, 5 yards (TD) and 8 yards. Love the outside the tackle runs with Hunt. Then Hunt is the relief valve for a 15 yard gain.

Mecole Hardman with a nice 5 yard gain.

Taylor with an obvious hold and Andy was not happy - that is a rare sighting to see Andy get angry on the sideline.

Worthy was WIDE OPEN on the third down play and Pat never went back to him.

Araiza beautifully recovered that dropped snap - that same thing happened to the Bengals and it turned out completely differently.

The run defense is very stout, really taking away the running play, unfortunately it seems that the backs out of the backfield and WR/TE over the middle seem to be wide open.

Carr finally connects on the bomb on his 4th deep pass attempt. 25% sucess rate. Cook got fooled on the inside fake on that play and turned his hips the wrong way.

Sky Moore....I really feel bad for the kid, I think he is probably a really nice guy but he is so in over his head, nothing seems to go right for him. Dropping the KO was just par for anytime the ball comes his way.

Wanya down holding his knee...really hope it's just a bad bump, can't afford to lose another starter. Even with Kingley who I'm sure is ready to step up and spell Wanya...thats a tough pill to swallow since he had been playing so well after winning back the starting job. Glad to see Wanya finish out the game.

Juju with a nice 8 yard catch in traffic - love hearing the JOOOJOOO after he makes a play.

What a nice little flip to Worthy for 18 yards - you can just see his speed come alive.

4 TE set and Kelce with the first down, the Kelce kinda O'les the defender that breaks up the gadget play with Steele.

2nd and 34....Juju for 12 then Kelce with the classic pitch to Perine for almost a first down on 3rd and 22 and Hunt with the first down. This team is so magical even when we look like hot garbage.

Wanya got beat outside good on the sack, needs to do better with staying engaged with the defender, gave him too much space and got beat good.

Perine almost getting another first down with a superb effort.

Nick Bolton continues to breakup plays at the most opportune times tackling Kamara in the backfield to force the punt just before half.

Juju again with a nice 31 yard gain....and just becoming the target on this drive. Really nice to see him pick up some of the slack at WR.

Worthy and Pat are gonna get that play down, timing is just a tad off.

Hate to see us faltering so much in the red zone, but if we had more time or timeouts I think we see more of Hunt down in the red zone.

Andy referencing the Kelce lateral..."we do it everyday in practice, I can't tell you the name of it". :-).

At Halftime:

Juju - 8 Rec , 67 yards, 13.4 YPR.
Kelce - 13 Rec, 67 yards, 8.4 YPR.
Hunt - 12 Car, 52 yards, 1 TD, 4.3 YPC.

Butker again does the impossible and actually hits the upright...wonder if the angle of the hold (seemed a bit tilted towards Arizia) is what caused that.

Wharton with the timely sack and I think that really happened because Jones got great penetration off the snap and drew in the extra blocker.

Great drive to get within striking distance....that was just an unfortunate bounce off Juju's hands...what scared the hell out of me was watching Worthy trying to tackle Saunders - good lord please don't do that again. I think the pass was a little high for Juju, if Mahomes brings that down into his chest a bit more I'm not sure that play ends that way.

Missed XP :-)

Juju makes up for the INT with a nice 50 yard catch and run, Mathieu was the victim on that play when he fell down Juju and Pat made him pay.

Worthy with another rushing TD. Love seeing him cash in on the gadget plays.

Whatron gotta keep that temper in check - even if it was during a live play that's still a penalty.

Beautiful zero blitz to stop the Saints on 4th down..Chamarri getting home to force a prayer throw from Carr.

Beautiful on the sliding helmet catch by Juju.

One the Pat first down run...I thought that the boundaries were different than the Endzone - the ball being out of bounds doesn't matter as long as the runner is inbounds. The end zone lines are the only lines that extend to the sky. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd probably find an extra gear with Chris Jones chasing me too, Haener was running skareed :-)

Final thoughts - much better offense between the 20's still gotta work on the red zone offense. Hunt, Juju and Kelce are our Offensive heroes of the game.

Final stat leaders

Hunt 27 Carries 102 yards 3.8 YPC 1 TD
Juju 7 Rec 130 yards 18.6 YPR
Kelce 9 Rec 70 yards 7.8 YPR
Hardman 4 Rec 33 yards 8.3 YPR
[Reply]
Kman34 05:57 AM Today
Patrick stumbled on that low throw to Travis .. Was losing his balance and going down .. Couldn’t get anything on that throw.. Unusual for him not to get it there even off balance.. He’s usually a master at that..
[Reply]
ping2000 06:29 AM Today
Just listened to a 20 minute segment on the radio where they discussed Chiefs fatigue. I LOVE THIS!!!! Everyone hates us because they aren't us. What a great time to be a Chiefs fan. Enjoy this!!!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:30 AM Today
Yesterday may have helped seal Reid’s case for coach of the year. Despite all our panic we all know Reid has a remarkable ability to make the best out of every situation. As long as mahomes and Reid are here, our worst baseline is still pretty good.

I am a big Pacheco fan but man, I don’t know if Kareem is a better fit for what we’re currently trying to do. Pacheco plays and hits hard, but Kareem is just going to bully defenses who can’t get off the field. Either way it’s gonna be a bonkers 1/2 punch. It is a great problem to have. Even with Steele, as long as he controls touches, we are going to brutalize defenses

Mahomes was way better yesterday at throwing off script. Now let’s get him some WRs to throw to in structure. I think it goes to show we’re kinda missing that one wr weapon who can take up different space. I think mahomes struggled to figure out how to get both kelce and rice going, and I think yesterday shows that juju is suited more to sub in for rice than play with him.

I agree, I feel bad for skyy but at this point just end the experiment. We’re not doing him any favors marching him out to do a job he can’t do. He’s pressing so hard he can’t get the basics right. Which isn’t ideal because he doesn’t have a gear above the basics even if he gets his head right
[Reply]
Okchief80 06:53 AM Today
Mahomes looked like Mahomes tonight. He had been off. I thought the saints had a decent defense and we torched it like it!

Moore and steele did not look good. Dump moore!

I was worried about running backs for us going into the year but when Pacheco comes back, we are going to have a great lineup for rb.

Our defense is clicking. Mcduffie is amazing. Best in the nfl? It will be nice to get Omenihu back. Chamarri is so good at rushing the passer.

I love juju and hunt coming back and showing out.

Such a great time to be a chiefs fan.
[Reply]
-King- 07:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yesterday may have helped seal Reid’s case for coach of the year. Despite all our panic we all know Reid has a remarkable ability to make the best out of every situation. As long as mahomes and Reid are here, our worst baseline is still pretty good.

I am a big Pacheco fan but man, I don’t know if Kareem is a better fit for what we’re currently trying to do. Pacheco plays and hits hard, but Kareem is just going to bully defenses who can’t get off the field. Either way it’s gonna be a bonkers 1/2 punch. It is a great problem to have. Even with Steele, as long as he controls touches, we are going to brutalize defenses

Mahomes was way better yesterday at throwing off script. Now let’s get him some WRs to throw to in structure. I think it goes to show we’re kinda missing that one wr weapon who can take up different space. I think mahomes struggled to figure out how to get both kelce and rice going, and I think yesterday shows that juju is suited more to sub in for rice than play with him.

I agree, I feel bad for skyy but at this point just call it. We’re not doing him any favors marching him out to do a job he can’t do. He’s pressing so hard he can’t get the basics right. Which isn’t ideal because he doesn’t have a gear above the basics even if he gets his head right
Yeah I think he's past gone mentally. They tried to give him an easy no pressure play to hopefully build something and even then he couldn't catch the kick. There's no coming back from that at this point
[Reply]
FRCDFED 07:16 AM Today
I'm so glad to have Hunt back! He's always been a stud RB. He also took a beating yesterday! Get the man some rest!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by Okchief80:
Mahomes looked like Mahomes tonight. He had been off. I thought the saints had a decent defense and we torched it like it!

Moore and steele did not look good. Dump moore!

I was worried about running backs for us going into the year but when Pacheco comes back, we are going to have a great lineup for rb.

Our defense is clicking. Mcduffie is amazing. Best in the nfl? It will be nice to get Omenihu back. Chamarri is so good at rushing the passer.

I love juju and hunt coming back and showing out.

Such a great time to be a chiefs fan.
I think he did too but I’m also cautiously optimistic because we just beat them to submission with the game plan. There will be games where we can’t just run completely at will, where pressure will get to mahomes faster than he can improvise and we can’t rely on manufactured plays to get guys targets. Especially as defenses adapt to our new look offense.

We are more than capable of still winning those games ugly. But it still feels like mahomes is a little dancey in the pocket and not always seeing the field. I think we still make a move for a WR because it feels like the very last thing that’s missing is just 1 more target who can get open at a reasonable clip even if the scheme or improv doesn’t open it up. When we had rice mahomes became too reliant. If you can find a piece that complements rice/juju we can limit some of that tunnel vision
[Reply]
O.city 07:33 AM Today
Hunt has great vision. Pacheco doesn't.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Also...oddly silent is Justin Watson...for someone that was pretty reliable last year for a catch or two a game has really....disappeared.
Not really. He is averaging about 1 catch a game. He played 70% of the offensive snaps last night. He runs good routes and is a good blocker. When Pat needs him to make a play, he'll make one. He was not needed for that purpose last night in a game that, to be honest, was a blowout save a couple of minutes in the 2nd half.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Not really. He is averaging about 1 catch a game. He played 70% of the offensive snaps last night. He runs good routes and is a good blocker. When Pat needs him to make a play, he'll make one. He was not needed for that purpose last night in a game that, to be honest, was a blowout save a couple of minutes in the 2nd half.
He wasn't a target at all last night...which is disappearing, especially since we weren't really moving the ball thru the air very well until the second half. Also not sure what game you were watching if you think it was a blowout except for a couple minutes in the second half??

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:00 AM Today
If this offense were fully healthy, we'd be blowing teams out weekly. Unless the defense would let up because of the high octane offense. Very few teams dominate both sides of the ball. But it would have been something to see.
[Reply]
Womble 10:22 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:27 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
it hurts but i agree. pacheco has a bit of tunnel vision
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 10:40 AM Today
Steele has a nice run up the middle with both hands on then ball for a first down. Yay!
Steele has a sloppy pitch in the backfield resulting in loss of yards. Ugh!
[Reply]
DRM08 11:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

I agree, I feel bad for skyy but at this point just end the experiment. We’re not doing him any favors marching him out to do a job he can’t do. He’s pressing so hard he can’t get the basics right. Which isn’t ideal because he doesn’t have a gear above the basics even if he gets his head right
Andy Reid is never getting coach of the year. They look for excuses to give it to someone else.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up