ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mike McDaniel extended
RunKC 09:41 AM 08-30-2024

Breaking News: Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel has signed a new contract that extends him through the 2028 season, sources said.

Under McDaniel, the Dolphins had the top-ranked offense in the NFL in 2023 (first time since 1994). They also had their first back-to-back playoff… pic.twitter.com/PYzEDVAwye

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) August 30, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 01:02 PM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
To be fair, most Chiefs fans in 2017 were just happy the damn team finally grew some balls and took a QB in the first round. Many liked Mahomes a lot, but it was just the franchise announcing, “We’re going to actually try to win a goddamn Super Bowl.” They got an A just for effort.

If that pick in 2017 had been for a QB like Tua instead, we probably would have been just as delighted, oblivious to the alternate universe where we ended up drafting the best QB in the history of the game
Yea it's very, I dunno. This idea that all of these teams other than 3 or 4 should just ditch their QB's because they aren't Mahomes is just insane thinking.

So we don't have a HOF QB so we should just get rid of this guy and draft another one. This type of thinking honestly would get you into a culture of losing. You'd probably miss on several picks, go through multiple coaching staffs and front offices.

Tua isn't a top 5 QB but god damn.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:01 PM 08-30-2024
He sucks.
[Reply]
notorious 02:54 PM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea it's very, I dunno. This idea that all of these teams other than 3 or 4 should just ditch their QB's because they aren't Mahomes is just insane thinking.

So we don't have a HOF QB so we should just get rid of this guy and draft another one. This type of thinking honestly would get you into a culture of losing. You'd probably miss on several picks, go through multiple coaching staffs and front offices.

Tua isn't a top 5 QB but god damn.
You don’t just get rid of them. You keep drafting or acquiring guys concurrently. It isn’t black and white like you are making out.

They should have been looking for his replacement two years ago just in case, yet here we are.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:37 PM 08-30-2024

It only took two years in Miami for Mike McDaniel to go from Best Buy assistant manager to South Beach cocaine kingpin. pic.twitter.com/JxuKOZRU4C

— Mike Beauvais (@MikeBeauvais) August 21, 2024

[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:12 PM 08-30-2024
Maybe now he can afford pants that fit
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:18 PM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's a team that seems to enjoy being in Miami a little too much and a coach that damn sure isn't gonna do anything to mitigate that.

Interesting little marriage there.

Don't imagine we're gonna see anything different from them going forward. They'll be front-runners that look like world beaters when the weather is nice and the sun is shining. But as soon as the playoffs get here and teams are looking to punch them in the face and the game gets real real hard, they'll fold.
It looks to me like they come out with everything they have week 1. Prior to Reid, we did too. All the pretenders do it. Reid (and Spags obviously) save some looks and variances for the post season. It’s frustrating on us during the regular season but the reality is somethings are better left off film.

I think they could make real headway if they would focus on the long game rather than trying to break the scoring record against the Donks or whatever.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:59 AM 08-31-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Dolphins aren't gonna pick 1 though...

Like lets be real, does anyone here think Carson Beck or Shedeur Sanders is going to be significantly better than Tua is?
I would not touch Shedeur because of the drama that surrounds him and you know his dad would always be a distraction off the field too. I would love to see him fall to the 3rd or 4th rounds.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:18 AM 08-31-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I would not touch Shedeur because of the drama that surrounds him and you know his dad would always be a distraction off the field too. I would love to see him fall to the 3rd or 4th rounds.
You’re going to be awfully disappointed when he goes early in the first.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:31 AM 08-31-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You’re going to be awfully disappointed when he goes early in the first.
Oh no, don't misunderstand me. I am sure he will go early as so many have that also had baggage or reasons that they should not have. I think that there will be buyer's remorse though.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:50 AM 08-31-2024
Imagine giving up 70 points to this dweeb's offense
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:04 PM 09-01-2024
He pees seahorses. Should replace Sean in Denver after Wally wants change, again
[Reply]
KCJake 09:26 AM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
As a coach and GM, you keep him so you can make money for a couple more years.
There are more teams out there that are happy doing just this than we really think.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:43 AM 09-02-2024

Stephen Ross conveyed to Mike McDaniel at a dinner at Ross' home a couple of weeks ago that he wanted to give McDaniel the 3-year contract extension that was finalized last week. McDaniel said he ate all his steak.

— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) September 2, 2024

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:03 PM 09-02-2024
No way he eats steak
[Reply]
warpaint* 12:21 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I obviously get this narrative and they clearly folded against us, but that was also a top-5 cold game in NFL history.

They came within a whisker of beating the Bills in Buffalo the prior year with Skylar Thompson at QB.

The bigger issue is that they just didn't play well against better teams and for the second consecutive season they couldn't figure out their own counterpunch to DC's counterpunches for their offense.
And also the best defense in franchise history IMO.

I also think Tua’s a cut below elite with an obvious glass jaw.

He could get there in the NFC but there are too many superior (to him) QBs in the AFC to contend with including the leagues current generational talent.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up