ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>There's some drama in Cincy
Mecca 02:49 PM 08-28-2024

As someone I trust told me about things in Cincinnati this summer “ the vibe isn’t good “ https://t.co/DnBatgEZHg

— trey wingo (@wingoz) August 28, 2024

The Bengals are having a very strange summer https://t.co/ivRQx0AnxE

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) August 28, 2024

Looks like they're off to a rousing start to the year.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:50 PM 08-28-2024
Below is a post on a Bengals forum. This guy seems to be in favor of playing hardball with Chase. Good luck with that approach!

"The team is enabling this...We need to start fining Chase under conduct detrimental to the team for each practice he misses from this point onward. If he doesn’t practice next week, we should suspend him for 3 games as allowed under the CBA so he can’t collect game checks."

"The team has no duty to both renegotiate Chase's contract two years early and make him the highest paid player at his position. He is not negotiating in good faith and essentially wants it all. While Zac Taylor protected Chase all preseason, that time needs to end because it shows a clear bias towards Chase that we cannot and should not provide to others in the future. Start holding him accountable with the tools in the CBA. If that kills the relationship, so be it."

"When Tyreek Hill began to be a problem in KC about his contract wanting raises constantly, they shipped him to Miami. We shouldn’t be beyond moving Chase if we can’t get control of this situation. Two 1st Round Draft picks and a player could go a long way. You then resign Tee Higgins at $30M per year and move on. People say without Chase we won’t win a Super Bowl, but I say with this circus we won’t get it done either. We paid Burrow to be able to do what Mahomes does and that’s to win with what he has…we need to trust that decision."

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:51 PM 08-28-2024
Bengals are trending dangerously high on the FAFO algorithm.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:54 PM 08-28-2024
Wtf do you expect ina city that puts spaghetti in chili.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:04 PM 08-28-2024
I’m sure after Lamb got his bag, Chase (rightfully so) wants his.

I sure hope it gets ugly for them, they end up paying him and he never lives up to the contract.
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:05 PM 08-28-2024
Chase needs to wait one more year like everyone else.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:08 PM 08-28-2024
This should honestly surprise no one. Mike Brown was never going to allow this franchise to remain a threat. Burrow will end up pulling a Carson Palmer on them at some point, assuming Chris Jones doesn’t send him into early retirement himself first.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:10 PM 08-28-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I’m sure after Lamb got his bag, Chase (rightfully so) wants his.

I sure hope it gets ugly for them, they end up paying him and he never lives up to the contract.
Considering Jefferson was a college teammate, he's going to do everything he can to top that contract, shit like that matters to these guys.
[Reply]
JimNasium 04:11 PM 08-28-2024
We’ve been on both sides of this equation. I’ve got to say that I’m really enjoying this ‘stable franchise’ side better than the ‘total shit show’ side.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:12 PM 08-28-2024
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Chase needs to wait one more year like everyone else.
Two other receivers in Chase's draft class already got contract extensions this year, even though they still had 2 years left on their rookie deals.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:18 PM 08-28-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Below is a post on a Bengals forum. This guy seems to be in favor of playing hardball with Chase. Good luck with that approach!

"The team is enabling this...We need to start fining Chase under conduct detrimental to the team for each practice he misses from this point onward. If he doesn’t practice next week, we should suspend him for 3 games as allowed under the CBA so he can’t collect game checks."

"The team has no duty to both renegotiate Chase's contract two years early and make him the highest paid player at his position. He is not negotiating in good faith and essentially wants it all. While Zac Taylor protected Chase all preseason, that time needs to end because it shows a clear bias towards Chase that we cannot and should not provide to others in the future. Start holding him accountable with the tools in the CBA. If that kills the relationship, so be it."

"When Tyreek Hill began to be a problem in KC about his contract wanting raises constantly, they shipped him to Miami. We shouldn’t be beyond moving Chase if we can’t get control of this situation. Two 1st Round Draft picks and a player could go a long way. You then resign Tee Higgins at $30M per year and move on. People say without Chase we won’t win a Super Bowl, but I say with this circus we won’t get it done either. We paid Burrow to be able to do what Mahomes does and that’s to win with what he has…we need to trust that decision."
Jesus... red text? I feel like I'm in a blue light bathroom trying to find a vein...
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:22 PM 08-28-2024
There's always drama in Cincinnati after eating their chili
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:24 PM 08-28-2024
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Chase will hold out until after we play them to save himself the embarrassment of getting his ass kicked by the Chiefs.
That would be funny. Get beat and then the "how do you like me now?" moment
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:26 PM 08-28-2024
I think Chase should pull a Belcher in the parking lot to really stick it to the cheapskate owner!!!
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:27 PM 08-28-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I actually really like that guy. Silly motherfucker should join our side!
My favorite poster who's a fan of another team.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:28 PM 08-28-2024
Kinda sounds like they r faulked!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up