ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 82
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
TLO 02:09 PM 06-19-2023
I wonder if there's any chance they find them alive? I can't imagine how terrifying it must be if they ARE still alive.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 02:46 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Isn't an unsinkable submarine called a boat?
:-)
[Reply]
crispystl 02:46 PM 06-19-2023
Damn they got the full fucking experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:24 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It was probably pretty quick. Knowing it was coming would have been the worst part.

And having time to think about the obscene amount of money they spent to get explosively compressed into a corpse that could neatly fit into a beer can would likely have been quite annoying.
That's presuming a catastrophic failure.

Seems equally, if not MORE likely, that something failed and it's either stuck in wreckage or just sitting there on bottom while they slowly asphyxiate.

I mean it's designed to handle the pressures of that depth. Yeah, something could've failed that led to an implosion, but it could also just be disabled and sitting there well within its operational limits.

I mean you're cruising a wreck - how hard would it be to have snagged a cable or something? If that's the case, I'm just not sure what they can get out there in time. There are just a handful of submersibles that can operate at that depth and fewer still that can manipulate items. There's no way they can get something on scene on time - is there?

EDIT: Evidently the Alvin is still in Massachusetts at Woods Hole. Is there anything else like it in the world? And I have to believe the process of making it seaworthy for that kind of dive is a matter of months, not days. (EDIT) Nope - nevermind. Woods says the Alvin is on the West Coast. So it's out.

Feel like these folks are boned.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:32 PM 06-19-2023
They probably let someone drive who identified as a submarine captain.

This makes me put additional thought into one my ideas....Now I suddenly want to target a wealthy audience to take on midwest adventures.

The more you charge the better they'll see the deal.
[Reply]
Donger 03:41 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Did they advertise the submarine as being unsinkable?
I'm crushed that you're making jokes about this.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:44 PM 06-19-2023
If you all want to read the gnarliest description of a worksite incident ever, look up the explosive decompression known as the Byford Dolphin Incident.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:45 PM 06-19-2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:47 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If you all want to read the gnarliest description of a worksite incident ever, look up the explosive decompression known as the Byford Dolphin Incident.
There are PHOTOS.

And yeah - it's a pretty incredible demonstration of what pressure can do. 'Spaghettification' does not sound like much fun...
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:49 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Pawn,

If I were lost at sea I would prefer it be with you.

it is written

View on Vocaroo >>

https://voca.ro/1fHmQlzR9WXg

MIC D UP CLICK PLAY
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:08 PM 06-19-2023
Would the hull thing
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:13 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
they could have saved a lot of money and just died on a capsized duckboat in branson
YODO
[Reply]
In58men 04:13 PM 06-19-2023
Just swim back up
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:18 PM 06-19-2023
Billionaire: what's this button do?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:18 PM 06-19-2023
Don't tap on the glass
[Reply]
Page 3 of 82