ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Is the NFL boring now?
Mecca 11:28 AM Today
Let's bring this over from the other thread because I think this is a worthy discussion topic.

I know we're all watching because hey the Chiefs are the cream of the crop but in general is the NFL a more boring product now?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
None of the Chiefs games are boring.

Boring games are those with blowouts. Like most of the Baltimore/Dallas game yesterday. Featured game and the first three quarters sucked.

If you enjoy football, you want to see a competitive game. It doesn't have to be high scoring necessarily. I don't need teams playing Cover 1 to enjoy a close game.
Patrick Mahomes the greatest QB of our time has been reduced to a game managing check down charlie.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
(most popular sport in the world and it is not close)
NFL: $20.5 billion in revenue last year.

FIFA: $7.65 billion in revenue last year.

Enough said.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:53 AM Today
You know what’s great at beating cover 2? 12 personnel and/or using a FB and running the ball.

Vermeil’s offense’s wouldn’t have had this problem, and they ran the ball a lot. I get that they were still doing 2-a-days in training camp and had more padded practices, but still- there’s a way. You don’t need to go full Martyball
[Reply]
Mecca 11:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You know what’s great at beating cover 2? 12 personnel and/or using a FB and running the ball.

Vermeil’s offense’s wouldn’t have had this problem, and they ran the ball a lot. I get that they were still doing 2-a-days in training camp and had more padded practices, but still- there’s a way. You don’t need to go full Martyball
It's in the other thread but offenses aren't built for that. We have OL and QB's that have done nothing but be in shotgun since they were 14.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:56 AM Today
People only love soccer because it's cheap over seas and south of the border. It's a bunch of unathletic yuppies over here.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:56 AM Today
I think it is dumb assertion.

Only 6 qbs are over 30. League is full of young qbs being given the reins. Going to be a slump before scoring is back up.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

I have to think the League will start policing defensive alignments at some point.
They shouldn't do this. But they should be more lenient on offensive holding in the red zone. Annoying to see TD plays getting called back for a ticky tack holding penalty. Pretty much always leads to a field goal as well.
[Reply]
George Liquor 11:57 AM Today
It would probably be a lot worse for me if the Chiefs weren't in the middle of a dynasty run but I do find myself having to bet on lots of other games to be interested in them.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I think it is dumb assertion.

Only 6 qbs are over 30. League is full of young qbs being given the reins. Going to be a slump before scoring is back up.
It's not like we're seeing some big divide between that though. Mahomes is down, all the QB's are down, young or old.
[Reply]
scho63 11:59 AM Today
A lot of real close games that come down to the wire is the exact definition of excitement.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
(most popular sport in the world and it is not close)
It is popular because it is the cheapest sport to play. You only need a ball. Set up trashcans for goals that's it.

Football and hockey are the most expensive.
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:02 PM Today
I absolutely hate the new kickoffs and the inevitable starting at the 30 yard line. I feel like a single mid sized play gets you a shot at a FG. I like starting at the 20.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Patrick Mahomes the greatest QB of our time has been reduced to a game managing check down charlie.
In Montana's era, QBs weren't throwing for over 300 yards per game and 3,000 yards per season often. Completion percentages weren't as high as today. Was football more boring then compared to a decade ago or five years ago?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:04 PM Today
Depends on who's playing.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:05 PM Today
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
In Montana's era, QBs weren't throwing for over 300 yards per game and 3,000 yards per season often. Completion percentages weren't as high as today. Was football more boring then compared to a decade ago or five years ago?
That era had a ton of massive hits and was entirely different.

You are conflating "down offensive numbers" with guys playing defense better when today they aren't making plays they are just praying for a penalty or a bad play to bail them out.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up