ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>A level Headed Review Week 7 2024
DenverChief 05:31 PM Yesterday
Not gonna fault Andy for going for in on 4th and 1 just not sure Hicks is the guy though. Steele would have been a better option.

Nice interception by Reid, didn't bite on the play fake.

Offense was moving well on the second drive until the killer DT INT. Not Mahomes fault, good play by the DL to get his hands up. The OL needs to be better about keeping DL hands down but also knocking those batted balls down before they can be intercepted.

Juju going out of the game only cements our need to go out and get a WR. Watching Skyy, Hardman, Watson, Perine and Kelce line up as 5 wide was pretty gut wrenching. I hope Bart Varch is ringing the phone of Panthers/Giants.

Defense has really stepped up and made life hard for the 49ers offense. But we need to figure out our O.

And just as I say that Noah Grey steps up and says defend me.

49ers Defense falling apart in the red zone with 3 defensive penalties (2 lined up in the neutral zone and one too many men on the field) and Kareem Hunt makes them pay with the 1 yard plunge.

Love the flip pass to Worthy for the first down - Worthy is starting to get the scramble drill. Then with the nice jet sweep, took a big hit and looked like he might have been in some pain but back in the game.

Kareem Hunt with his 2nd rushing TD of the day was just all heart, dragging 53 (LB Dee Winters) with him into the end zone.

Karlaftis with the sack and beats a double team to do it :-)

Noah Gray was wide open to the top the screen on the 3rd down play at the 2 Minute warning - the pressure was just perfect that Mahomes couldn't get back to him.

The PI on McDuffie looked like the WR grabbed the top of his head and pulled him down to make it look like he was interfering.

Reid just got ran by on the 41 yard pass to Kittle.

The Aiyuk injury looked a lot like the Rice injury.

Pat just overthrew Worthy on the deep pass to start the second half. Hard to imagine pat can over throw Worthy on a go route but it happened. Worthy just flat out fell down on the second half INT - maybe a little feet tangling but nothing that should have had him tumble like that.

Seems to be a lot of hitting the goal posts on XP's this year. Seems like quite the statistical oddity. I would imagine actually hitting the upright would be harder than just missing it.

**** Skyy Moore 0/3 on the year. I think he is a great kid and means well but he just isn't producing on a roster that NEEDS him to step up and produce.

Jaylen Watson injured?

Roland-Wallace with the nice INT. Purdy must have thought he was a SF WR with as direct to him as that pass was. May have to consider playing him at WR with those soft hands he displayed.

Patrick Mahomes with his best impression of himself in the 2019 AFC Championship game vs the Titans. Just head faking, pitch pass faking avoiding tacklers 33 yard (career long) run down the sideline. Such a beautiful thing to watch when it happens. Then a 4th and goal scramble for the TD and levels the free safety in the end zone :-)

Wow McDuffie with the effort to push the ball back into the field of play. Love seeing that awareness.

Johnson thought he had more help over the top and let the runner just run right by him. Tough to come in and play in those situations.

Jayden Hicks with the spectacular pick in the end zone.

Noah Grey has just absolutely stepped up in an offense that desperately needed someone to step up and catch the ball.

Hardman with the beautiful jet sweep/end around 18 yard rush for a TD.

If you were to ask me before this game stated if the Chiefs would win the game with Patrick having a 44.4 QBR and 2 INT's I would have told you we weren't wining. But we managed 4 rushing TD's today which is a departure from how we have scored in the past as well. Hunt has really transformed our running game and made our running game, especially in short yardage absolutely dangerous.

Chenal missed an easy sack, gotta make sure you wrap up squirrely QB's.

Garbage time TD shouldn't have happened but I think the D relaxed a bit knowing the game was over.

Just to show how good this defense this is and has been. We haven't allowed more than 28 points in a single game going all the way back to the 2022 Superbowl when the Eagles scored 35. The closest was 2023 week 13 vs the Packers who scored 27 and followed by the Bengals this year in week two with 25.

Oh and I forgot to mention - first game this year we have won the TO battle not just tied or lost.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:28 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Okchief80:
Our defense is insane. Running game is good. We need another WR because we are going to cut Moore……. Hopefully.
I can remember when 3rd and 4th and short were a death sentence to a drive. Now they are almost automatic first downs. Hunt is just money in those situations.
[Reply]
4th and Long 10:38 PM Yesterday
49ers Fans: "But, But, But, ... the Chiefs get all the calls!"

Except for a blatant cheap shot to Mahomes throat, where no flag was thrown.

[Reply]
lcarus 10:44 PM Yesterday
Kareem Hunt is running his heart out for this team right now. The guy was an absolute monster today even though the running lanes weren't usually there.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:36 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Kareem Hunt is running his heart out for this team right now. The guy was an absolute monster today even though the running lanes weren't usually there.
Totally agree. I thought to myself many times today, its so good to have Kareem back!

Dare I say it, he runs more violent than Pacheco. Crazy
[Reply]
Fishels 01:13 AM Today
We are very lucky that Kareem hunt is good. I’m floored he wasn’t on another team with the way he’s playing

I thought it was a desperation hire but we just might have the best 1-2 punch at RB. If only we could find that with the WR room we’d be unstoppable
[Reply]
DRM08 01:28 AM Today
I liked the little bootleg passing play to Perine late in the game. It was 3rd and 4. It was a nice easy throw for Mahomes (zero risk of a batted ball) and Perine gained 22 yards. I want to see more plays like that one. Perine needs to be more involved in the passing game.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up