Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Orioles
cmh6476 10:53 AM Today
Them O's ain't Royal
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:39 PM Today
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Not O’s or playoff related, but I just read some good news. Been announced that players will go back to wearing their teams uniforms, hats and jerseys for the All Star Game.
Such a no-brainer. There are some incredible dumb-asses running MLB that don't understand what they have.
[Reply]
YayMike 02:02 PM Today
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
The O's took Gunnar Henderson at 42nd overall in the same draft.
You are correct, and there has been a ton of debate this season on whether the oriole should have taken Witt over Rutchman. Everyone agrees that Witt is the better player, but the better question is if we had taken Witt, would we have taken Gunnar? So as far as I see it, it is a win for the Orioles as we got both AR and GH.

That being said… Rutchman has been an extreme disappointment this year and is reminding me a lot of Matt Wieters. he started off extremely hot batting over 300 but since July 1 is batting something insanely terrible like .180. The swing has become a complete uppercut swing and he has made zero adjustments. He’s almost an automatic out right now. That being said, I fully expect him to start tomorrow because of his pedigree. If the Orioles were smart, they would DH him and allow James mccann to start a catcher.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:18 PM Today
We got this?
[Reply]
Coach 03:49 PM Today
Originally Posted by YayMike:
You are correct, and there has been a ton of debate this season on whether the oriole should have taken Witt over Rutchman. Everyone agrees that Witt is the better player, but the better question is if we had taken Witt, would we have taken Gunnar? So as far as I see it, it is a win for the Orioles as we got both AR and GH.

That being said… Rutchman has been an extreme disappointment this year and is reminding me a lot of Matt Wieters. he started off extremely hot batting over 300 but since July 1 is batting something insanely terrible like .180. The swing has become a complete uppercut swing and he has made zero adjustments. He’s almost an automatic out right now. That being said, I fully expect him to start tomorrow because of his pedigree. If the Orioles were smart, they would DH him and allow James mccann to start a catcher.
Re: Rutchman - I just took a look at Baseball Reference and compared his 1st half to 2nd half, and wow.

1st half = .339 .441 .780 with an OPS+ of 120.

2nd half = .282 .303 .585 with an OPS+ of 66.

That's quite a major drop, so yeah good eye on that. But I did see that his BAbip is showing an unlucky moment in the 2nd half, especially in July which was .125. League average is typically .300 BAbip.

So there has to be some kind of a correction, which August and September/October looked better of .243 and .254. Then again, in March/April, he was at .362, which suggests that he was extremely lucky?
[Reply]
YayMike 04:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
YayMike is a piece of shit who doesn't even know who Samuel Basallo is.
Well hopefully this person I don’t even know about is up by July at least splitting games between C and DH to platoon with Rutchman. But yeh, no idea who he is
[Reply]
YayMike 04:22 PM Today
Originally Posted by Coach:
Re: Rutchman - I just took a look at Baseball Reference and compared his 1st half to 2nd half, and wow.

1st half = .339 .441 .780 with an OPS+ of 120.

2nd half = .282 .303 .585 with an OPS+ of 66.

That's quite a major drop, so yeah good eye on that. But I did see that his BAbip is showing an unlucky moment in the 2nd half, especially in July which was .125. League average is typically .300 BAbip.

So there has to be some kind of a correction, which August and September/October looked better of .243 and .254. Then again, in March/April, he was at .362, which suggests that he was extremely lucky?
Thanks for doing the research. Strictly from the eye test, I can see he’s being more patient at the plate the last few weeks. However, it seemed like the entire months of July and August. He was swinging at the first or second pitch and popping it directly up to the second basement.
[Reply]
YayMike 04:24 PM Today
Something else Interesting that I saw, is that the Orioles are considering throwing Dean Kramer for game two instead of Zach Eflin.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:26 PM Today
In for another series win and the potential to make Jason LaCanfora even more eaten up about sports teams from Kansas City.

I think the Royals match up better against Baltimore than Houston, for sure. Taking at least one series would be pretty, pretty sweet.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:46 PM Today
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
In for another series win and the potential to make Jason LaCanfora even more eaten up about sports teams from Kansas City.

I think the Royals match up better against Baltimore than Houston, for sure. Taking at least one series would be pretty, pretty sweet.
I forgot about that tool.

His tears were delicious.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:57 PM Today
Don't forgot about ChiefsandO'sfan, that bitch ran faster than KC Connection going to a Chuck E Cheese Birthday party. All time bitch.
[Reply]
Old Dog 05:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
We got this?
We do now. I just bet $340 on the Orioles to win the wildcard series. That all but assures a Royals win.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up