ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Offensive line
O.city 07:17 AM Today
LT spot has cast somewhat of a shadow on this unit but.....the OL has been just mauling people this year. They're a top 3 unit league wide, just get the LT spot figured and we're golden.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:09 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Makes the problems we're having at LT all the more frustrating.

I mean c'mon guys - slide some protections or something.

When 4 of your 5 OL are playing at blue-chip level, maybe you could leverage that a bit to keep the 5th guy from getting beaten like a red headed step-child?

And it also makes me think Mahomes needs to man up. Dude, you have one spot to worry about. Which is better than 90% of the league. Maybe put on your big boy pants and set your ****ing feet before you throw, m'kay?

OL play is a mess league-wide and literally 80% of ours is playing at a Pro Bowl level. Let's not act like it's okay to just soil ourselves back there because you don't have 6 seconds to throw the football.
To be fair Steele has not been good blocking. It was confirmed that Mahomes called for him to block on the INT and instead he went out for the checkdown leaving Patrick out to dry.

He also needs to be much better chipping. This kinda stuff can’t happen when it’s a LT and RB blocking a DE. I get why Mahomes feels uneasy. The DE nearly got him after he bet Wanya and Steele. McKinnon wasn’t letting this stuff happen very often.

Rashee Rice is developing into a complete WR, and has become the focal point of the Chiefs' passing attack.

I wrote about where Rice has grown as a WR and how Reid is utilizing him more in both frequency and type of targets.

You should read it.

��- https://t.co/eheqXBe1LU pic.twitter.com/7aIvp1LMBY

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 23, 2024

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:13 AM Today
Probably why they're going to deploy Hunt ASAP. Steele is being asked to perform WAY above his station currently and Perine only got here a month ago.
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 AM Today
Yeah, all makes sense but......Pat just has to play better for this to all work out. Things aren't perfect, they're set up to not be in today's NFL.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:00 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Probably why they're going to deploy Hunt ASAP. Steele is being asked to perform WAY above his station currently and Perine only got here a month ago.
Yep.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
To be fair Steele has not been good blocking. It was confirmed that Mahomes called for him to block on the INT and instead he went out for the checkdown leaving Patrick out to dry.

He also needs to be much better chipping. This kinda stuff can’t happen when it’s a LT and RB blocking a DE. I get why Mahomes feels uneasy. The DE nearly got him after he bet Wanya and Steele. McKinnon wasn’t letting this stuff happen very often.

I wonder if Kareem Hunt might be able to help in the blocking game. Even if he’s not the same runner he used to be, I would imagine the blocking ability is still there with him.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Taylor has been a pleasant surprise this year.. You have to wonder if they would be better off putting him at left Tackle and the learning young guys at right..
Yes
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM Today
The time to put Taylor at LT was when he got here. I thought that's where he was going to slot but that ship has sailed.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:40 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Just sucks the weakest part of Suamataias game, getting beaten quickly to the inside, is so hard to cover up without dedicating an extra man there at all times, and even that may not help much.

Hopefully whatever flaws are causing this in his technique can be hammered out, quickly, because everything Mahomes, Reid, and the organization as a whole have done would indicate they don't trust Morris to do his job.
I don't think that is remotely true. If they didn't trust Morris, then they would have just kept Kingsley in there and let him take his lumps. Didn't Andy say they were planning on starting Morris or something until he got hurt?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:45 AM Today
Kingsley got dealt a really bad hand. Trey Hendrickson is one of the best 3 pass rushers in football this year.

It's time for the first win rate chart of the year!

Double team rate when pass rushing as an edge (x) by pass rush win rate at edge (y).

(ESPN Analytics / NFL Next Gen Stats) pic.twitter.com/1wdbcOgkKi

— Seth Walder (@SethWalder) September 26, 2024

Dude got baptized by an All-Pro caliber player. I wouldn’t expect any different from a pretty much any rookie tackle in his 2nd fucking game
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I don't think that is remotely true. If they didn't trust Morris, then they would have just kept Kingsley in there and let him take his lumps. Didn't Andy say they were planning on starting Morris or something until he got hurt?
Andy can say whatever coach speak he wants publicly, but it's been more than obvious Kingsley was the plan as the presumptive starter. He took all the reps during the first couple preseason games with the starting offense. Hell, Kingsley didn't even dress during the preseason finale, Wanya did, and that's when he got hurt.
[Reply]
O.city 10:47 AM Today
Kingsley got dealt a really bad hand. Trey Hendrickson is one of the best 3 pass rushers in football this year.

Dude got baptized by an All-Pro caliber player. I wouldn’t expect any different from a pretty much any rookie tackle in his 2nd ****ing game
Danna and Karlaftis....not ideal.

We need to be looking around for a DE.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:54 AM Today

Dude got baptized by an All-Pro caliber player. I wouldn’t expect any different from a pretty much any rookie tackle in his 2nd fucking game
Yeah, Andy threw Kingsley into the deep end of the swimming pool without the floaties on his arms.

Cincy is getting a major bargain with Hendrickson's contract. He asked for a raise or trade, and they refused both of those. But he's not holding out on them. He's making $15M this year and $16M next year, which is about 50-55% lower than he should be. I wonder if he'll do a holdout in 2025 training camp.
[Reply]
O.city 10:56 AM Today
(Looks at Brian Burns on chart and immediately gets mad at DJLN and htisimage)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Danna and Karlaftis....not ideal.

We need to be looking around for a DE.
Omenihu is coming back soon per his tweet. But yeah I think DL and CB need to be the focus in the first 2 rounds of the draft next Spring
[Reply]
O.city 11:11 AM Today
Omenihu is coming back soon per his tweet. But yeah I think DL and CB need to be the focus in the first 2 rounds of the draft next Spring
Omenihu is coming off an ACL. I don't think he's gonna be a silver bullet this soon.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up