ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Ridley Scott's NAPOLEON
Hammock Parties 10:00 AM 06-27-2023
I love it. MOAR Ridley doing period pieces.

Originally Posted by :
During Monday night’s Sony presentation at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, the studio revealed the first footage ever of Ridley Scott’s epic from Apple Original Films. Directed by Scott from a screenplay by David Scarpa, Napoleon stars Oscar winner Joaquin Phoenix as the French emperor and military leader Napoleon Bonaparte.

Rothman noted that an epic tale of this scale has not been seen in years.

Indeed, the footage shown supports that notion. The moody scene takes place on a snowy battle field, as Napoleon led enemy troops onto a frozen lake, and then proceeds to rain cannon fire down as soldiers fall into the water, bodies and blood mixing.
Napoleon stands from a hilltop, watching his carnage unfold. (For those curious, Phoenix does not seem to be speaking in a French accent in the film.)

“Epic is the only proper description of that Apple Original Film,” Rothman said after showing the scene.

The film is said to be an “original and personal look at Napoleon’s origins and his swift, ruthless climb to emperor, viewed through the prism of his addictive and often volatile relationship with his wife and one true love, Josephine, played by Vanessa Kirby.” Tahar Rahim, Ben Miles, Matthew Needham and Ludivine Sagnier round out the cast.

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:04 PM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I know. But it's famous because Napoleon's exploits OUTSIDE of it are famous. Stand-alone, it's just another tryst.

So don't let it become the central tenant of a biopic.

If it's a movie about Napoleon, make it about Napoleon. Don't make it about Napoleon's relationship...oh, and there was a revolution and a couple battles and stuff...

Scott's usually pretty good about not overdoing that sort of thing, but the trailer makes me wonder.
I agree. But they mention the tryst in the studio packet release. It is going to be front and center.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:07 AM 07-11-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I can’t even think of another Napoleon movie. Seems like an under used figure. I’ll be excited for this.
time bandits
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:50 AM 07-11-2023
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
time bandits
There's one for the nostalgia trigger...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 07-11-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
I agree. But they mention the tryst in the studio packet release. It is going to be front and center.
I wonder if they'll also establish that she was basically a power-hungry whore who slept her way into relevance...
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:58 AM 07-11-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I wonder if they'll also establish that she was basically a power-hungry whore who slept her way into relevance...
Probably not. She will be portrayed as a strong female with no flaws.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:11 AM 08-29-2024
4.5 hour version streaming!

You asked, he listened.

Napoleon: The Director's Cut is now streaming with 48 minutes of glorious new footage. pic.twitter.com/xzKAuDf49W

— Apple TV (@AppleTV) August 29, 2024

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:26 PM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
4.5 hour version streaming!

Who in the Fk asked for more of that pile of crap?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:37 PM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Who in the Fk asked for more of that pile of crap?
Me! I loved it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:43 PM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Me! I loved it.
Masochist.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up