ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hasaan Reddick trade?
O.city 11:55 AM 09-12-2024

From our Week 2 buzz file: Multiple league execs believe the #Jets will eventually need to explore flipping Haason Reddick via trade as the contract impasse has no end in sight.

‘Not sure they have a choice.’ https://t.co/VfwOSyS4Mj pic.twitter.com/f9v0xutgCH

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) September 12, 2024

So if you could do this for a late round (5th/6th) would you have interest in bringing him to KC if he wants to actually....play?
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:42 PM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Don't think any of it is guaranteed, all the GTD $ has been paid out.
His cost would be about $900k per game.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:48 PM 09-12-2024
I'd offer vet minimum, with a Super Bowl ring bonus.
[Reply]
O.city 12:52 PM 09-12-2024
Again, maybe way off. But with the void years, I'd guess you could sweeten the pot a little.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:59 PM 09-12-2024
If he gets traded it will be to a team willing to meet his demands, which is obviously not the Chiefs. He’s not going anywhere for a slight raise just this year.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:32 PM 09-12-2024
If there’s a way to make it happen by adding a year to his deal, he would help make this defense full blown elite. That said, there’s no way to make this thing happen.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 07:46 PM 09-12-2024
We aren’t getting Reddick. Stop jizzing.
[Reply]
scho63 07:52 PM 09-12-2024
Trade Skyy Moore and CEH straight up
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:04 PM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
We aren’t getting Reddick. Stop jizzing.
Do I have to stop if it’s unrelated?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:28 PM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Do I have to stop if it’s unrelated?
You're supposed to call a doctor if it's been more than 4 hours
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:36 PM 09-12-2024
You know it's football season when o city comes up with dumb trade scenarios
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:46 AM 09-13-2024
A couple thoughts...

1. Sure. If he's still sitting out come the trade deadline and he's willing to come to KC as a rental until next season. Similar to M Brown, that's a no-brainer.

2. Hmmmm... on second thought, dudes legit! If we could find a way to make the money work, I'd love to have him here long term! He'd be a monster opposite of CJ and George, and he's definitely better than Omenihu and FAU, maybe we could pkg one of them in the deal? Yeah, yeah...I know...We've got a bunch of penny pinchers her on CP that will respond about spending cap space etc... but the NFL Salary Cap is increasing YOY by $20m+ and Veach is the most creative GM in the league when it comes to balancing the cap and contracts.

Final thought: KC is about the last place they'd want to send him.

#SuperTeam
#3-Peat
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:56 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
A couple thoughts...

1. Sure. If he's still sitting out come the trade deadline and he's willing to come to KC as a rental until next season. Similar to M Brown, that's a no-brainer.

2. Hmmmm... on second thought, dudes legit! If we could find a way to make the money work, I'd love to have him here long term! He'd be a monster opposite of CJ and George, and he's definitely better than Omenihu and FAU, maybe we could pkg one of them in the deal? Yeah, yeah...I know...We've got a bunch of penny pinchers her on CP that will respond about spending cap space etc... but the NFL Salary Cap is increasing YOY by $20m+ and Veach is the most creative GM in the league when it comes to balancing the cap and contracts.

Final thought: KC is about the last place they'd want to send him.

#SuperTeam
#3-Peat
If we were going to spend more money on the Defense, I'd guess we woulda signed Sneed tho?
[Reply]
warpaint* 11:07 AM 09-13-2024
Only the Jets trade assets for a real problem. Why they didn’t work this out one way or the other before making the trade is quite remarkable. I would love to have him under the right circumstances. Fortunately we have a front office smart enough to take advantage of the right opportunity while avoiding doing anything stupid.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:04 PM 09-15-2024
Apparently ESPN wants to see it happen:

"Seth Walder's offer:

Jets get: WR Davante Adams

Chiefs get: Reddick, Las Vegas' 2025 sixth-round pick

Raiders get: DE George Karlaftis, WR Allen Lazard, Kansas City's 2025 fifth-round pick, New York's 2025 second-round pick

Why this deal makes sense for all sides: Instead of cutting their losses on a problematic situation with Reddick, the Jets should use him to push even more chips into the middle with a rare three-team trade. The Jets still need a pass rusher, but they also need more receiving help. Adams would convert New York's offense from being threatening to dangerous, and the draft pick compensation is lightly mitigated by getting out of Lazard's $10 million fully guaranteed salary.

Kansas City is trying to three-peat and could upgrade from Karlaftis -- who had 10.5 sacks a year ago but has never come close to even an average pass rush win rate -- to Reddick, a bona fide disruptor, through just a pick swap and some added money. The trade would be contingent on a new contract for Reddick (Kansas City isn't making the same mistake the Jets did), but at this point, the Chiefs would be saving him from a situation he doesn't want to be in, so his leverage is minimal. As such, his salary or incentive increase would likely be manageable ... maybe he gets franchise tag protection. The Chiefs could also convert Jawaan Taylor's guaranteed salary into a signing bonus to make it work cap-wise.

This is probably the most the Raiders would get for Adams, too, who has been subject of trade speculation for nearly a year. It was reported that the Jets tried to pursue the veteran wide receiver at last season's deadline and wanted to continue that pursuit into the offseason. The Raiders would get the upside of a former first-round pick in Karlaftis, who comes in at a value cap price and under team control through potentially 2026 (if they pick up the fifth-year option). He can help replace the injured Malcolm Koonce. Plus, the Raiders would also add strong draft pick compensation."

Of the 4 teams/trades suggested, ESPN chose Chiefs:

"The verdict: Reddick to the Chiefs?
Walder's offer -- a three-team trade with the Chiefs and Raiders -- makes the most sense for the Jets (though both of the other teams would have to be on board, not just the Chiefs, who would be getting Reddick here). It would bring back something tangible in Adams, which helps the Jets' chances this season and allows Douglas to save face. Fowler's offer is also intriguing because they'd be getting more for Reddick than what it cost them in the first place, but like I said earlier: It's not about future draft picks, it's about now.

Let's be clear, though. The Jets would be giving up a lot in Walder's proposal -- Reddick, a 2025 second-round pick and Lazard. But look at it this way: They'd be unloading a headache and clearing $24.25 million in salary between Reddick and Lazard. Granted, a big chunk of that savings would be absorbed by Adams ($17 million), but it would be an upgrade at wide receiver. And yes, Aaron Rodgers would love a reunion with Adams. His happiness matters. -- Cimini"
[Reply]
Fishels 10:06 PM 09-15-2024
Nah. If we trade for anyone or sign anyone it should be a WR imo. Or a back if Pop is hurt
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up