ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Atlanta Can Suck My... you know the thing
BigRichard 03:19 PM Yesterday
Outside of the Chiefs winning that entire trip was just complete shit...

I pay for tickets to a tail gate party that never happened(not sure I will get my money back either). Hey BigRedChief... I know you said people will get their money back but I paid directly to that dumb bitch that fucked everyone through paypal so I am not sure that is going to happen.

We are leaving this morning and my truck is parked across the street from our hotel in a paid lot... window is broken out. Police were already aware as they had a thing on the windshield saying to contact them and giving me the case ID. Luckily, if anything was stolen, I it was minimal because I had taken anything of any value out of the truck. Oh shit I just forgot, the one thing I had noticed they had taken... a gigantic bag of sunflower seeds. I am happy they didn't break anything else I guess.

Then the final topper, we are driving home and we stop at this bar and grill for a bite to eat. I try to fix my parking job a little bit and start to back up and bamb... felt like I hit something and my truck jerks. I check all my mirros and cameras... nothing. All of sudden, my dashboard lights up like a christmas tree and my engine light comes on. I have a code reader in my truck so I plug it in and all sort of TCM codes had come up. I get lucky and there is a RAM dealership literally across the street. Take it over there and they are super nice and check it out fairly quick for me. I explain to the mechanic what happened and he asks if it is possible I maybe had the gear just slightly not all the way down into reverse... I tell him sure... definitely possible. That was what he thought maybe happened as everything looked fine and it seemed to be running/driving fine now except the codes. So no money spent here but a waste of another 2-3 hours.

Fuck Atlanta... fuck them right in their asses.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:27 PM Yesterday
Damn, at least it was a win or else that would have really sucked. I wondered about the dome since some of the college games were hotter than balls Saturday, and of course there's no escaping that humidity.

My Atlanta story isn't as shitty as everyone else in this thread... I was there ~3-4 months one spring years ago and it was mostly fine. Stayed downtown, did all the downtown things when I wasn't working.

The only downside was getting asked for money at least once per day each way.... and some people were kind of pushy about it (but never had any issues). Even leaving for the airport early one morning, some guy followed me a few blocks to the train station and all the way down to the gate chatting and asking for money.... besides the 3 other people on the corner he was originally with, never saw another person, but he didn't stab me or anything and didn't get any money.

Years later and a number of cities later, it's still by far the most often I'd get asked for change (but again, a pretty minor thing in the grand scheme of things).
[Reply]
loochy 05:44 PM Yesterday
I've been to Marietta many times for work. It's actually very nice there..:-)

Airport is a beating though, and traffic up to Marietta is awful
[Reply]
lcarus 05:48 PM Yesterday
We joked last night that Taylor told Travis "No WAY am I going to fucking Atlanta!" and that is probably true
[Reply]
DanT 06:03 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
There's a nice art museum in Atlanta, and the aquarium is also nice. Aside from that, I don't see much reason to go there unless you're a Civil War general with a torch and a sense of righteousness.
They also have a world-class science museum, the Tellus Science Museum, in Cartersville, GA, about 45 minutes from Benz Stadium. I've only been to Atlanta twice, to visit a dear friend and her family and to run the Atlanta Publix Half Marathon with her each of the past two years. Had a wonderful visit both times. They live in Decatur, which is a very nice suburb, but the city itself also seems very cool to me. Good running community there, too.
[Reply]
DenverChief 06:16 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Atlanta is a shithole.

Easily the worst city I've ever visted. Been there 4 times for various sporting events and every time I say I'll never go back.

Then Mizzou ****s around and plays in the SEC Championship game or something equally stupid.

I stayed a day there once on my way through to Florida, so I have to own that one. There was no reason for me to stay there and yet I did.

If you don't HAVE to be in Atlanta - don't.
Clearly have never been to LA or SF 😂. Admittedly I have never been to ATL but LA and SF are fucking shitholes of orders of magnitude over TJ.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:22 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Fish:
JFC dude.. If the Chiefs would have lost, you would have been completely justified to stab somebody..
I feel like it being Atlanta and all.... it still was..............
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up