ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>FA Wide Receivers
Mephistopheles Janx 03:30 PM Today
Rice is down for an unknown amount of time. Hollywood is down for the season. JuJu is injury prone. Moore is terrible. Meek and Watson... exist. Chiefs have $4.9m available in cap room.

Looking at available FA WR has me wondering about two names.

Hunter Renfrow - 28 tears old & Pro-Bowler with a 1K season

Michael Thomas - 31 years old & highly decorated. He has had a string of injuries over the past 3 years but prior to that he was a god tier receiver.

---

Short of trading away talent/picks... I don't see another way to shore up the WR room.

Or do we roll with Skyy Moore taking a good chunk of Rice's snaps and bank on JuJu not getting injured?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:49 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I mean, sure, you could take a flier on Thomas, sign him to the practice squad, and see what he is at this point.

But we got pretty lucky signing Hunt off the couch, it appears. I don't think I'd count on that twice.

Don’t underestimate the “ring” factor
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:52 PM Today
Any one but Moore. Give me Powell or whomever on the PS
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
The more I think about this the more I want Thomas to get signed. It will take him a bit to get up to speed but we are early enough in the season where he would be caught up, at the latest, by the time we head into the playoffs.
I didn’t know he was on the couch. I presume he’s washed?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
To be quite honest, our shitty PS guys are the best we can probably do.

Those FAs would have jobs by now if they had anything to give
Hunt didn't.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I mean, sure, you could take a flier on Thomas, sign him to the practice squad, and see what he is at this point.

But we got pretty lucky signing Hunt off the couch, it appears. I don't think I'd count on that twice.
For sure... but the three-peat is in jeopardy and now isn't the time to leave stones unturned. I gotta think that an opportunity to win a ring and tack SB Champ onto his resume for Canton might have him "leaving it all out on the field".

He likely would have retired if he thought he was done.

Like you said tho... sign him to the practice squad and see if something is still left in the tank.
[Reply]
redshirt32 08:17 PM Today
Trust in Veach to figure it out he will find a way.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Rice is down for an unknown amount of time. Hollywood is down for the season. JuJu is injury prone. Moore is terrible. Meek and Watson... exist. Chiefs have $4.9m available in cap room.

Looking at available FA WR has me wondering about two names.

Hunter Renfrow - 28 tears old & Pro-Bowler with a 1K season

Michael Thomas - 31 years old & highly decorated. He has had a string of injuries over the past 3 years but prior to that he was a god tier receiver.

---

Short of trading away talent/picks... I don't see another way to shore up the WR room.

Or do we roll with Skyy Moore taking a good chunk of Rice's snaps and bank on JuJu not getting injured?
Montrell Washington or Cornell Powell from the practice squad for the win.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up