ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we talk about panty hose?
Bob Dole 07:21 AM Today
I've read discussions around here that indicate there might be a generational divide between those of us who suffered but endured for 50 years, and our relative newcomers. I saw a post on FB earlier claiming that Raquel Welch auditioned for the Maryann character on Gilligan's Island, and the first reply to the photo attached was, "She's wearing panty hose"

When I was growing up, respectable women not wearing slacks wore panty hose. Hell, L'eggs and their packing and marketing probably made some people a fortune. Hane's was a huge brand. Panty hose were as mainstream as anything you could imagine. My professionally employed wife (married 1986) wore panty hose with her skirts every day, and as a dancer, she had pretty good gams. (Not that kind of dancer, perverts.)

I remember clearly the first professional woman I saw wearing a skirt and no hose, and I remember thinking, "What the fuck?" She was albino white, kind of bow legged, and her legs were not particularly attractive. I've since gotten used to it, but it's significant that I remember the moment

I'm just interested in the opinions and comments of others in this bubble, even though I expect the usual suspect's dismissive trolling. There was a change in our culture, and I'm just curious.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 09:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
And 30 years ago, you were considered a hooker for not wearing them.
Called panties 4 Hos

Right in the name
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 09:50 AM Today
My daddy, he disowned me
'Cause I wear my sisters clothes
He caught me in the bathroom
With a pair of pantyhose
[Reply]
Rausch 09:51 AM Today
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
They are a pain to get off.

Okay, do your worst...
I quite enjoyed it.

It was like un-doing the bra with one hand. A skill every young man should master.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by Rausch:
A couple months ago I was talking to a guy who's dryer exhaust got full of lint and I was like "my grandparents just threw some pany hose over the exhaust in the winter. They only blew that outside when it was already hot."

The guy goes "Women don't wear those anymore. Where would you buy them? Where you been?"

I looked around. Yeah, busy building on a busy street and not a single woman wearing them. How the **** did I just now notice this? How long has this been going on? 5? 10 years?
It was probably 25 years ago when I noticed our female university VP not wearing hose with a skirt, so 2000?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:18 AM Today
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
They are a pain to get off.

Okay, do your worst...
You just tore the damned things apart. Screw "getting them off".
[Reply]
Rausch 10:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
It was probably 25 years ago when I noticed our female university VP not wearing hose with a skirt, so 2000?
So you're saying it happened during my blackout?...
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:25 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
My daddy, he disowned me
'Cause I wear my sisters clothes
He caught me in the bathroom
With a pair of pantyhose
I suddenly have an earache...
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:25 AM Today
My dad joined L’eggs as a marketing executive when the company first started as a division of Hanes in 1969. Worked 10 years there, lots of fun times with tons of travel to NY to work with the ad agency and trips to LA to shoot commercials. In the early days he worked on commercials with up and coming folks like Michael Cimino (who later directed The Deer Hunter).

We had those plastic eggs all over the house. Also would take them to school for craft projects. It’s a shame L’eggs eventually got rid of them.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:26 AM Today
Originally Posted by Rausch:
So you're saying it happened during my blackout?...
Maybe. It's hard to tell with you Hessians.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:28 AM Today
44 - My mom used to wear them but I literally don't know a single person, my mom included, that still wears them today.

I remember, as a kid, being in church and seeing a bunch of shiny legs and wondering what the purpose of those things were. I settled on the fact that because they were wearing skirts... that they offered some sort of protection against accidental exposure.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:28 AM Today
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
My dad joined L’eggs as a marketing executive when the company first started as a division of Hanes in 1969. Worked 10 years there, lots of fun times with tons of travel to NY to work with the ad agency and trips to LA to shoot commercials. In the early days he worked on commercials with up and coming folks like Michael Cimino (who later directed The Deer Hunter).

We had those plastic eggs all over the house. Also would take them to school for craft projects. It’s a shame L’eggs eventually got rid of them.
As a kid, you could dream up sort of shit to do with those eggs. In my case, most of those things involved explosives.
[Reply]
philfree 10:33 AM Today
I think instead of the panty hose women wear stockings and leggings. I always preferred crotchless on my women/woman.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Maybe. It's hard to tell with you Hessians.
More true than not.
[Reply]
booger 10:41 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bwana:
There were a couple of flight attendants sporting them (blue ones) on a flight I had from Chicago to Denver last week. You're right though, it is rare.
Next time you fly Alaskan Airlines check and see if the Eskimo babes wear them. If anyone can get this thing trending back in the right direction it’s them
[Reply]
booger 10:44 AM Today

Everyone whose mom had an office job wore them. We would wear them on our heads for Halloween and sometimes recess
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up