ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Donovan Smith
TLO 05:47 PM 09-15-2024
.... Bring him in for a look?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:03 PM 09-15-2024
They clearly weren't happy with his play since they benched him yet I didn't see a lot of help being given to him. Unless I missed it.

They are going to keep putting him out there and they should. Can't give up obviously after a bad start, but maybe help him out a little more until he hopefully figures it out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:04 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You want to bring in veteran help?

Find some guy who can actually cover a goddamn TE.

We need that way more than another tackle.
We had one.

We weren't willing to pay $4 million to keep him.

We miss Willie Gay.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:05 PM 09-15-2024
You want to bring in veteran help?

Find some guy who can actually cover a goddamn TE.

We need that way more than another tackle.
That is a concern for sure.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:08 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The regular season almost doesn't matter, and we're 2-0 against two of the biggest contenders in the AFC.

I bet Smith is in touch with the team, but that's a phone call you make in December, not after one bad game from Kingsley against an all pro.
Yeah, but Crosby, Nosa bros, And most any good rush end.. Worrisome...I'm willing to let him play though it but it can't cost us home field advantage or a first round loss..
[Reply]
tredadda 06:10 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I agree.

The bright side is that we’ve found ways to win despite his struggles.

If Andy leaves him in there (yes, I know he made a change late but he did that same thing at one time with Jawaan Taylor), then I’ll trust he’s making strides.
This team has won 3 SBs with their best LT being Fisher. They will adjust to this, but expecting Kingsley to own Trey is asking for a lot, especially for a second round rookie LT. If he’s like this later in the season then there is more room for concern.
[Reply]
Fish 06:11 PM 09-15-2024
I'm not going to look for the posts, but I predicted this very thing. He was going to have bad games. And I said we need to let him work through them.

I said his first bad game we'd have people demanding we call all the shitty vet LTs who aren't going to be an improvement.

And what do you know.

What's the solution? Honestly... deal with it. Let him learn. He's not going to get better on the bench.

Stay the course. If he's still THIS bad late in the season, then MAYBE you start thinking about other options.
Yeah. He's got the size and reach, that we should definitely give him a chance to bounce back. He's already shown enough flashes here and there to give him the benefit of the doubt, in my opinion. Let him ride..
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:11 PM 09-15-2024
I’d call him. We will see if the staff does so.

We almost lost tonight because of the kid, fair or not. That can’t happen again.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:15 PM 09-15-2024
People just forget that Donovan Smith was really really bad at the end of last year?

It’s almost not worth it. He’s old and a broke dick.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:18 PM 09-15-2024
He wasn't ever game cratering bad though. Just a consistent below average.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:57 PM 09-15-2024
Trade a first for someone

/o city
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:06 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Asking a rookie to start at LT in this league on a contender was always going to be an extremely tough ask.
Yes, and he was a late 2 round pick at that, right?

I was surprised when Andy decided to roll with him at LT.

I was among those that still thought Taylor would jump over to LT or a vet would be brought in.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:07 PM 09-15-2024
Are we just gonna forget Eric Fisher already? :-)

Dude was facing an elite edge. Pump the brakes.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:07 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’d call him. We will see if the staff does so.

We almost lost tonight because of the kid, fair or not. That can’t happen again.
You sure about that?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:08 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Trade a first for someone

/o city

No, I'm not in favor of that.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:28 PM 09-15-2024
Andy: "You gotta take a step back to take a step forward."

I don't think his comments at this press conference indicate that Donovan Smith is going to get that phone call. At least not any time this week.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up