ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Call your shot: WR distribution
chiefzilla1501 06:10 AM Today
What does the distribution look like in week 5 and beyond (assuming no changes)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:49 AM Today
Originally Posted by VAChief:
I would like to see more heavy sets, (12 and 13 personnel). Rotating our 3 most reliable receivers in those sets and pound the ball off play action. In the Chargers game we caught them under matched and just pounded it down their throats in a hurry up without allowing them to change their personnel.

We should have a 3 WR rotation (Worthy, Watson, and Ju Ju) with Mecole as a brief breather as needed. That is going to require us to shift a little more to heavier sets, which Andy knows how to get the most out of if needed. Rotate Kareem and Perine to keep them fresh. Let Steele give a blow occasionally, but limit his snaps for now.
That’s where I’m reading into the fortson signing. He was actually becoming a solid run blocker before he got hurt.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:17 AM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Watson may end up leading the team in WR yards (if Hollywood & Rice are out the entire year and we don't make a move)

NOT counting Kelce. Just the WRs
No he will not. Watson has had plenty of opportunities to put up big numbers, but it doesn't matter if he plays 30% of the snaps or 75% of the snaps he is going to get 2 rec for 20-30 yards. Xavier Worthy will lead the WR room in rec yards.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
No he will not. Watson has had plenty of opportunities to put up big numbers, but it doesn't matter if he plays 30% of the snaps or 75% of the snaps he is going to get 2 rec for 20-30 yards. Xavier Worthy will lead the WR room in rec yards.
Thats who I would bet on as well but it would not surprise me if Watson had more. They will be focusing on Worthy now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:04 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Justin Watson is fully capable of exploding for 60 yards in a game.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 07:37 PM Today
I think we need to go run heavy. They will expect we will focus on Kelsey, and Mahomes should obviously look to him. But the real emphasis should be on worthy. Not on stuff over the middle like rice ran as that will expose him and juju can do those roots, but worthy can run a full root tree and we should utilize that. Just hope Mahomes doesn’t get happy feet.

I’m starting worthy and benching Mahomes in my fantasy leagues. Feel really bad about that but I’ve got Danielle’s and I can’t help myself.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
I think we need to go run heavy. They will expect we will focus on Kelsey, and Mahomes should obviously look to him. But the real emphasis should be on worthy. Not on stuff over the middle like rice ran as that will expose him and juju can do those roots, but worthy can run a full root tree and we should utilize that. Just hope Mahomes doesn’t get happy feet.

I’m starting worthy and benching Mahomes in my fantasy leagues. Feel really bad about that but I’ve got Danielle’s and I can’t help myself.
What the hell is a root tree?
[Reply]
Mescalito345 08:56 PM Today
The Chiefs need to use Worthy as a punt returner. Check out some of his college highlights.
[Reply]
-King- 09:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
Worthy is going to need some rapid development, ala Rice last season, so that we can really lean into him by playoff time.
He's already shown he can handle running actual routes. If they cut down the decoy plays and actually have him running real routes I bet he gets 1000 yards this season.

It's so crazy that we see how good he is on drags, slants, and crossers and we rarely run those for him. Lean more into that and use him like a real WR and not just a deep threat and we'll be cooking.
[Reply]
-King- 09:01 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mescalito345:
The Chiefs need to use Worthy as a punt returner. Check out some of his college highlights.
Nope. He should never see a ST snap
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up